Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Who is Fisk?

You won't believe how it ends.

Who is Fisk?

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » August 12th, 2016, 1:50 am

After Hoffman learns of the death of Lindsey Perez there is a scene at the hospital where he gets into an argument with Agent Strahm in which he says that all of his department are dead. However Detective Fisk (the Asian looking cop played by Mike Realba) is still alive at this point and we know from flashbacks that he was already working on the Jigsaw case at the time of Seth Baxter's death.

What do you think? Was this just a movie mistake or is there any explanation for this, be it a simple one or a SAW-typically cryptic one. Personally, I'd go with the former. We know from SAW 1 that the city has a problem with gang criminality (K2K). Now it's nothing unusual for gangs to kill someone and maybe even leave a signature. Maybe when the first Jigsaw victims turned up the police still considered that the murders could be results of gang criminality and therefore asked the department for gang criminality for help. You see what I want to say: Maybe Fisk was a member of this "gang department" and came to aid the homicide unit and for some reason stayed with them even after it was obvious that the murders had nothing to do with any gang related crimes.

However this is obviously just a theory I made up in my head because I absolutely hate continuity mistakes and I'm always happy if I can solve them even if it is just for me and my peace of mind. :D Maybe it's true, maybe there's another explanation, maybe it really was just a mistake. Anyway, now it's your turn again. Any opinions on this matter or even other theories?
"Ten faded places, that will fall prey to evil..."- The Whisperer
RealmOfLutherNiles
Regular Freak

Rank experience:
73%

The Topic Starter

Re: Who is Fisk?

Postby IKnowWhoYouAre » September 27th, 2016, 4:24 am

I think it was simply Hoffman just making a point by exaggerating, cause remember, Rigg was the Swat commander, there was a whole team behind him who were still alive, Fisk was alive as was the woman in Saw IV who found Rigg's fingerprints etc. It was more about Hoffman emphasizing that so many of his 'friends' and colleagues were dying around him so no one in his department could be helping Jigsaw.
IKnowWhoYouAre
Regular Freak

Rank experience:
73.8%

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » October 7th, 2016, 2:32 pm

IKnowWhoYouAre wrote:I think it was simply Hoffman just making a point by exaggerating, cause remember, Rigg was the Swat commander, there was a whole team behind him who were still alive, Fisk was alive as was the woman in Saw IV who found Rigg's fingerprints etc. It was more about Hoffman emphasizing that so many of his 'friends' and colleagues were dying around him so no one in his department could be helping Jigsaw.

Sounds logical. Anyway I'd really like it if Fisk would return for Saw 8. The return of another known member of the old crew would certainly strengthen the fans' confidence in the movie and help to make it a success.
"Ten faded places, that will fall prey to evil..."- The Whisperer
RealmOfLutherNiles
Regular Freak

Rank experience:
73%

The Topic Starter

Postby Miyabe005 » October 25th, 2016, 1:00 pm

I know it's God in common.
Miyabe005
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
2%

Postby Saw Warrior » May 2nd, 2017, 2:11 am

I think Fisk was a really minor character. So minor, that even Hoffman didn't care about targetting him for a game, lol.

However, I think he had a laughable line when he said that Justice was served, after he saw Seth's body. At this point, I was sure that he was at least in cahoots with Hoffman.
Saw Warrior
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
35%

Postby Faerie Tanith » June 10th, 2017, 1:24 am

Fisk must have been untouchable. Either that or so useless he wasn't deemed worthy of being tested. Either way, he's alive and well and I'm going to protect him.
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson
Faerie Tanith
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
29%

Mood: Sleepy

Return to SAW V