Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Ask VaCcAr0 Anything

...for casual conversation, small talk.

Re: Ask VaCcAr0 Anything

Postby VaCcAr0 » February 13th, 2018, 6:42 am

I'd wish for my dad to not be disgusting.
My Favorite Short Horror Films

Learn Stuff: Intro to Western Civilization, Renaissance Humanism, Absolutism and Mercantilism

"Now that I have found someone I'm feeling more alone than I ever have before. She's a brick and I'm drowning slowly" - Ben Folds Five

VaCcAr0
Board Leader
Board Leader

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

The Topic Starter
Mood: IDGAF

Postby Cynical Corpse » February 13th, 2018, 4:33 pm

if you were the opposite sex, what would your name be?
Just a friendly Cynical Corpse lurking the internet
Love Hurts Creature From The Black Leather Lagoon
Witch In the Woods
Cynical Corpse
SAW Freak

Rank experience:
61.8%

2 years of membership2 years of membership

Mood: Paranoid

Postby VaCcAr0 » February 13th, 2018, 8:10 pm

I don't know since that would be up to my parents. But if I were to choose one for myself, I'd go with Alexandra.

Learn Stuff: Intro to Western Civilization, Renaissance Humanism, Absolutism and Mercantilism

"Now that I have found someone I'm feeling more alone than I ever have before. She's a brick and I'm drowning slowly" - Ben Folds Five

VaCcAr0
Board Leader
Board Leader

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

The Topic Starter

Postby Cynical Corpse » February 14th, 2018, 2:21 pm

why do you hate valentine's day?
Witch In the Woods
Cynical Corpse
SAW Freak

Rank experience:
61.8%

Postby VaCcAr0 » February 14th, 2018, 8:05 pm

It's pointless. If you're in a relationship, you wouldn't need a day to show your love, you'd do that every day anyway.

Plus it's one-sided. It's not about the couple, it's only about the girl. Ads are all about what to get HER for Valentine's Day.

VaCcAr0
Board Leader
Board Leader

The Topic Starter

Postby Cynical Corpse » February 15th, 2018, 12:59 pm

VaCcAr0 wrote:It's pointless. If you're in a relationship, you wouldn't need a day to show your love, you'd do that every day anyway.

Yes but some people work, and on that one day maybe they can take the day off and be a bit more romantic.

VaCcAr0 wrote:Plus it's one-sided. It's not about the couple, it's only about the girl. Ads are all about what to get HER for Valentine's Day.

WHAT? Excuse me, but what? Valentine's day here at least is mostly geared towards GUYS. I don't what the hell id going on in America but here this aint the case

Why do you assume stuff based on ads?
Witch In the Woods
Cynical Corpse
SAW Freak

Rank experience:
61.8%

Postby VaCcAr0 » February 15th, 2018, 6:55 pm

Cynical Corpse wrote: maybe they can take the day off and be a bit more romantic.

That usually doesn't happen. Since it's not a real holiday, you don't get off work. And it's very unusual if someone takes Valentine's day off. I don't know anybody who has.

Cynical Corpse wrote:Why do you assume stuff based on ads?

In this case, ads are appropriate to look at. After all, Valentine's day is merely a commercial holiday. Therefore looking at commercials makes sense. When marketing is geared towards guys always having to get the girl something but never the other way then it's safe to say it is a one-sided deal.
All you see are ads for: Flowers (guys give girls), Jewelry (guys give girls), and Chocolates (guys give girls).

On another note, just came across this: Video of a girl admitting that girls prefer jerks over nice guys

VaCcAr0
Board Leader
Board Leader

The Topic Starter

Postby Cynical Corpse » February 16th, 2018, 2:45 pm

Cynical Corpse wrote: maybe they can take the day off and be a bit more romantic.

That usually doesn't happen. Since it's not a real holiday, you don't get off work. And it's very unusual if someone takes Valentine's day off. I don't know anybody who has.[/quote]
I know many grown ass people who took the day of off work to be with the ones they wanted to spend time with. Some people don't have the chance for romantic gestures in the thin time lapses between work and sleep. This day might be an oportunity.

Cynical Corpse wrote:Why do you assume stuff based on ads?

VaCcAr0 wrote:In this case, ads are appropriate to look at. After all, Valentine's day is merely a commercial holiday. Therefore looking at commercials makes sense. When marketing is geared towards guys always having to get the girl something but never the other way then it's safe to say it is a one-sided deal.
All you see are ads for: Flowers (guys give girls), Jewelry (guys give girls), and Chocolates (guys give girls).

You see, that doesn't work like that in here. Here it's everyone's responsibility to show affection, one way or another, plus it's geared more towards guys, since most ads are refrering to women getting gifts. It's a bit presure inducing, but you see, there is another side to this coin.

Also, we are more than animals. We aren't purely wired on instinct. We have brains, we have intentions, it isn't always about who we want to fuck.
Plus the "make them think they don't need you" doesn't work as well. Women will just be pissed and move on to the next one. Not all women are cheaters.Not all women are scumbags. The assumption that this video starts off on is false. Start seing people as more than biology prjects, and see them as people. Social psychology explains most of this.

Excuse me if I come across as harsh, but did you ever, in your life, have a crush on anyone and try to make it work/aproach them?
Witch In the Woods
Cynical Corpse
SAW Freak

Rank experience:
61.8%

Postby VaCcAr0 » February 16th, 2018, 6:24 pm

Cynical Corpse wrote:Excuse me if I come across as harsh, but did you ever, in your life, have a crush on anyone and try to make it work/aproach them?

To be honest, I hate the fact that it is expected that the guy is the one to do the approaching. But there have in fact been situations where the girls approach the guys. That hasn't happened with me of course. But it'd be nice to know that a girl thought of me in that way and she was the one to make the first move. It'd be so much easier.

Having said that, yes I have approached a few just to see what would happen. But everyone is either already taken or not interested. So it's best to just leave it be. If a girl is available and likes me enough, I'll let her make the first move. If it happens it happens, if it doesn't it doesn't.

VaCcAr0
Board Leader
Board Leader

The Topic Starter

Postby Cynical Corpse » February 17th, 2018, 9:04 am

do you have any friends? I mean close friends?
Witch In the Woods
Cynical Corpse
SAW Freak

Rank experience:
61.8%

PreviousNext

Return to Chit Chat & General Talk