Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

How would you improve the Saw Franchise?

General talk about the SAW franchise.

How would you improve the Saw Franchise?

Postby Journey95 » August 1st, 2017, 5:14 am

Now that the series is coming back, lets look back at the original 7 movies. Obviously we are all big fans of the series but its also flawed so what would you change to improve it?

A couple of suggestions from me:

- Don't kill off Jigsaw in Saw 3. I think the series suffered without him at the center (the Hoffman vs Jill story was especially lame). Amanda dying would have been more than enough..fucking Jeff killed my favourite characters.

- More scenes with the trio together. For me the real stars of the series were Jigsaw (obviously the most important), Amanda and Hoffman. I would have liked to see more interactions between them.

- Gordon as apprentice isn't very believable. I really liked his character in the first movie but him becoming one of Jigsaw's people seemed silly. Why would he suddenly turn evil? What about his family? Amanda and Hoffman were already crazy before they met Jigsaw so it was fitting. Saw 3D in general was bad so best to get rid of it.

- Less focus on traps and extended torture sequences. Just seemed too much at times and gave the series a bad reputation. People just ignored the great story and characters because of the gore scenes

Btw new on this forum, read some threads already and it seems like a friendly community.
Journey95
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
25%

The Topic Starter

Re: How would you improve the Saw Franchise?

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » August 1st, 2017, 2:12 pm

I love the story the way it is and would leave it that way, but expand it by reincluding the deleted scenes, further exploring Gordon's motivations and revealing the identities of the two Pigheads in Saw VII. Otherwise, the only changes I'd make would be the performances of some of the actors.
"Ten faded places, that will fall prey to evil..."- The Whisperer
RealmOfLutherNiles
Fix me!

Rank experience:
2.8%

1 year of membership

Re: How would you improve the Saw Franchise?

Postby Faerie Tanith » August 8th, 2017, 2:44 pm

I agree about giving John, Amanda and Hoffman more scenes together. I can't believe that in the whole series they only got a brief 3-minute scene in VI.
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson
Faerie Tanith
Victim

Rank experience:
9.5%

Mood: Left Out

Return to SAW General