Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Box Office Update

Sequel or Prequel?

Re: Box Office Update

Postby LukeG » November 9th, 2017, 8:58 am

From alot of the reviews I read, people missed the excessive gore and complicated story line, and from alot of weird places you wouldn't expect. So I think the movie would've been more successful if they just continued from 3d, which after reading some reviews Jigsaw 2 might be a clash of worlds ( mix of the new style and characters which I really enjoyed/ and bringing back old characters and answering questions with nasty traps and the good ol green/ yellow color scheme) at least that's what I would like
You think it's the living who have ultimate judgment over you, because the dead will have no claim over your soul. But you may be mistaken
LukeG
Victim

Rank experience:
16%

Postby Vinc360 » November 9th, 2017, 3:08 pm

Yuck, people have terrible taste then :P

Saw 3D is disastrous, and the lowest-reviewed Saw movie (for good reason).
Vinc360
Victim

Rank experience:
92%

Postby LukeG » November 9th, 2017, 10:35 pm

Vinc360 wrote:Yuck, people have terrible taste then :P

Saw 3D is disastrous, and the lowest-reviewed Saw movie (for good reason).

Oh I agree. I don't think people wanted another sasawbut more if a return to form like what 6 was to 5
You think it's the living who have ultimate judgment over you, because the dead will have no claim over your soul. But you may be mistaken
LukeG
Victim

Rank experience:
16%

Postby Albert-Wesker » November 9th, 2017, 10:51 pm

Well, I think Saw 3d was the worst by far but I would still have enjoyed a more direct continuation from that with Gordon as the new Jigsaw. While the twist didn't make all that much sense, Gordon could've made an interesting and even creepy Jigsaw.
Albert-Wesker
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
29%

Mood: Cool

Postby Vinc360 » November 9th, 2017, 11:07 pm

Him becoming an apprentice was so nonsensical that it completely ruined the character for me, I wouldn't be able to take him seriously as the new main villain.
Vinc360
Victim

Rank experience:
92%

Postby Albert-Wesker » November 10th, 2017, 1:59 am

Well, it kinda ruined his character, BUT I still think they could have done something else that would've been interesting with him as well.
Gordon was the only good thing about the survivor meeting in my opinion and the way he acted there I could picture him as a new Jigsaw in my head.

While I really think him helping John didn't fit his character, I still liked the sinister vibe he gave in 7.
Albert-Wesker
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
29%

Mood: Cool

Postby LoganBell » November 15th, 2017, 12:37 am

Almost to 80 million. On a 10 million budget that seems like good grounds for a sequel.
LoganBell
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
1%

Postby kramersson » November 15th, 2017, 5:49 am

the next instalment needs to cost only $5 million and to cut cost they need to tone down on those non-realistic traps and focus on the characters, the emotions, and the linkages to past movies. then they will be very profitable with it.
kramersson
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
44%

Postby Logan_Nelson » November 15th, 2017, 6:19 am

kramersson wrote:to cut cost they need to tone down on those non-realistic traps and focus on the characters, the emotions, and the linkages to past movies. then they will be very profitable with it.

Agreed 100% my friend. I'd rather them invest in good acting and practical effects.

Strahm's arm in Saw V's glass box trap was amazing, and a good example of an effective practical effect. And Peter Outerbridge's performance in VI is just so effing good.
Logan_Nelson
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
89%

Previous

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)