Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Logan's History

Sequel or Prequel?

Logan's History

Postby Jigsaw_Expert » January 31st, 2018, 10:45 pm

Never seen this discussed before, thought I'd type it up.
Lieutenant Nelson served with the Army in Iraq from May 2003 to July of 2005, during which time he was imprisoned by the Republican Guard loyalists to Saddam Hussain for five months and eleven days. During his captivity, along with four other members of his medical officers patrol, he was subjected to an extensive array of brutal interrogation methods for the purpose of discovering his unit's plans for the recapture of Falluja.

Lieutenant Nelson was released in a prisoner exchange brokered by Army General Fitzpatrick in May 2005, at which time he was transferred to VISN5 (VA Capitol Healthcare Network) in Maryland, where he received PTSD treatment for the following twenty-three months.

Patient exhibited signs of extreme anxiety and anti-social behavior for approximately seven weeks, during which Dr. Perry prescribed a regime of Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs), with limited success.

Nelson was eventually released under his own recognizance on August 9, 2006, but suffered a severe relapse in the week following the birth of his daughter Melissa. Lieutenant Nelson lashed out at a neighbor with a yard sign, and was arrested following an argument with his wife's physician, in which Logan repeatedly stuck (actual typo) the doctor in the head and was later sued for injuries.

He was re-admitted to VISN5 on September 12, 2006 and improved steadily through the rest of the year. Nelson was re-released on December 12, 2006, and has since been considered medically clear, and has not been prescribed SSRIs since May of 2007. His breakdown, of the summer of 2006 is considered an aberration, and Dr. Perry has signed off on his condition, insisting that Nelson is not a threat to himself or anyone else. He was awarded a Purple Heart on October 5, 2007.

This is Logan's profile on the database Halloran checks out. This stuff appears onscreen for about two seconds, so I'm sure there'll be some people willing to question how much of this we should take as canon since they might've just got some intern to write this up without giving a shit about the canon, but I think it's worth a read.

So according to this Logan served from 2003 - 2005, was released from care in 2006, attacked a neighbor following the birth of his daughter, struck his wife's physician in the head which lead to a re-admittance in September 2006, before being free again in December 2006.

First Saw was presumed to take place in 2004 simply because of it's release date. in which Jigsaw was a relatively new killer. Saw IV / V retconned the timeline to insinuate Jigsaw had been around for a while. With this piece of info, this would mean the barn game happened in 2006 at the earliest, assuming Logan may of been tested before his re-admittance, so the first Saw would happen in 2006 / 2007 at the earliest. We know the barn game happened after Logan's service and not before because he says "I came out of the war a broken man".

I don't really mind the time of the original Saw being shifted forward two or three years, but I'm sure there'll be some people getting anal about it and will write it off as a mistake.
Jigsaw_Expert
Victim

Rank experience:
43%

1 year of membership

The Topic Starter

Re: Logan's History

Postby Nightmare13 » February 1st, 2018, 6:05 am

Based on John kidnapping Cecil during a celebration of the Chinese New Year, I’d say John’s idea of what became “Jigsaw” formed in very early 2007.

Last Chinese Year of the Pig was February 18th, 2007, so we can assume John kidnapped Cecil that weekend. If we also assume the Barn Game was John’s very first (after Cecil, but before literally everything else), it must’ve taken place around Spring of 2007. To strengthen this, I’d say Logan stopped taking his SSRIs around May 2007 (as the report states) because he’d partnered up with John by then. John gave him “a new form of rehabilitation”, by creating the Jigsaw identity with him, and he no longer needed the pills. His therapy became participating in the games.

Depending on exactly how much happened before the Bathroom Game that we may or may not be aware of, I’d say that test (and thus, the original Saw) took place in late 2007, maybe early 2008.
Last edited by Nightmare13 on February 2nd, 2018, 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NMXIII
Nightmare13
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
12%

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Postby Faerie Tanith » February 1st, 2018, 10:05 am

I was assuming 2006 was the correct timeline for the barn game, purely because that's the year (going by the actual movies, so III) that John died, and they make such a big deal of stating that this is happening ten years after his death.

I'm not fond of all this timeline retcon, honestly.
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson, Danny Glover

Real Life Amanda Young
Faerie Tanith

1 year of membership

Mood: Mellow

Postby LukeG » February 1st, 2018, 10:58 pm

So just to get it straight.

Cecil happened in 06 followed shortly by saw 1, then 2 and 3 also happened in 06.

Then why is Adams body decayed to suck in extent in 2. I guess just a plot hole.
You think it's the living who have ultimate judgment over you, because the dead will have no claim over your soul. But you may be mistaken
LukeG
Victim

Rank experience:
35.5%

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » February 1st, 2018, 11:34 pm

LukeG wrote:Then why is Adams body decayed to suck in extent in 2. I guess just a plot hole.

We know that it was extremely warm in the bathroom. High temperatures significantly accelerate the process of decomposition.
"Ten faded places, that will fall prey to evil..."- The Whisperer
RealmOfLutherNiles
Fix me!

Rank experience:
19.1%

2 years of membership2 years of membership

Postby LukeG » February 2nd, 2018, 12:32 am

Thanks for making it make sense :D
You think it's the living who have ultimate judgment over you, because the dead will have no claim over your soul. But you may be mistaken
LukeG
Victim

Rank experience:
35.5%

Postby Nightmare13 » February 3rd, 2018, 12:00 am

Sorry, where is 2006 coming from? Other than being the year Saw III was released... lol

I mean, that was likely the year of John’s cancer diagnosis. I’d presume John attempted suicide around the same time Logan was finally released from VISN5. Which is funny, because (going with the timeline I’m trying to sync up) Logan would’ve been awarded the Purple Heart roughly around the time of the Bathroom Game. Heh.
NMXIII
Nightmare13
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
12%

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » February 12th, 2018, 2:43 pm

I think the general content of that text is canon. However, the dates given are not. Whenever they give us specific dates in the Saw franchise, they contradict each other.

For example, the reports about Angelina Acomb's death in Saw V state that she was killed in 1997 and that Seth Baxter was sentenced that same year, which means that his death would have had to be in 2002, before Logan even went to Iraq.
"Ten faded places, that will fall prey to evil..."- The Whisperer
RealmOfLutherNiles
Fix me!

Rank experience:
19.1%

2 years of membership2 years of membership

Postby manyofhorror » February 13th, 2018, 4:37 pm

Nothing makes sense! Everything is a lie!
manyofhorror
Victim

Rank experience:
56%

Mood: Blah

Postby LukeG » February 13th, 2018, 7:35 pm

The only person that says the barn game is the 1st is Elenore , where is she getting that info, barn game could've taken place around saw 2
LukeG
Victim

Rank experience:
35.5%

Next

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)