Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

The sequel mighr be on ice indefinitely

Sequel or Prequel?

Re: The sequel mighr be on ice indefinitely

Postby Jigsaw_Expert » November 2nd, 2018, 3:24 pm

Woah, there's something I didn't see coming. I'm sure people will start debating where in the timeline this'll take place but I'm imagining the entire canon will be essentially non-existent in this entry. Guessing they just want a Saw movie with Bell as the antagonist with no messy, convoluted lore dragging it down. Not against this, more Saw in any form is a plus for me. Eager to hear more.
Jigsaw_Expert
Victim

Rank experience:
46%

1 year of membership

Postby Faerie Tanith » November 2nd, 2018, 4:17 pm

Vinc360 wrote:So, the next movie will likely only have one Jigsaw, and it'll be John Kramer. I don't think it'll be a sequel to Jigsaw, but rather a prequel with no apprentices.

Oh come on, they need to stop with prequels... having Tobin play a 52 year old when he was in his 60s was pushing it already. How are they going to pull it off now that he's 76? Not to mention most fans are more interested in finding out what happened after events, not before them. They're opening way too many doors and building up too many questions and not answering any of them. They should either create something that makes sense or leave the franchise alone at this point.
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson, Danny Glover

Real Life Amanda Young
Faerie Tanith

1 year of membership

Mood: Yeehaw

Postby ToBENbell » November 2nd, 2018, 4:42 pm

Guys I’m really confused where are people getting information that 1. It’s going to be focused a lot on Tobin and 2. The movie is really confirmed? I can’t find anything online. The news earlier this year that the script was being written was confirmed as not true...
ToBENbell
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
38%

1 year of membership

Postby Jigsaw_Expert » November 2nd, 2018, 5:09 pm

ToBENbell wrote:Guys I’m really confused where are people getting information that 1. It’s going to be focused a lot on Tobin and 2. The movie is really confirmed? I can’t find anything online. The news earlier this year that the script was being written was confirmed as not true...

Vinc has got some connections in the biz or something like that.
Jigsaw_Expert
Victim

Rank experience:
46%

1 year of membership

Postby Saw Warrior » November 3rd, 2018, 5:37 am

I wonder how can they make a prequel...I mean, even before Saw 1, Hoffman was already working with Jigsaw. Hell, Amanda helped Jigsaw with the bathroom game in Saw 1. Before that, Logan was also working with Jigsaw.

A full prequel would be something very different, because flashbacks have been part of the series since the first movie. Does that mean that the entire movie is gonna be a giant flashback? We know Jigsaw will die, we know he'll have Hoffman, Amanda and Logan working with him.

I'm really curious.
Saw Warrior
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
56.5%

1 year of membership

Postby Saw Warrior » November 3rd, 2018, 5:48 am

evanmav wrote:
Vinc360 wrote:So, the next movie will likely only have one Jigsaw, and it'll be John Kramer. I don't think it'll be a sequel to Jigsaw, but rather a prequel with no apprentices.

Interesting I like this idea only because it seems like Tobin Bell would be featured a lot potentially in the movie, and it gives me Saw 1 vibes if it's going to truly be just John Kramer (I know he had other help in Saw I, but they weren't featured at the time of the movie).

Still not sure where the movie would fit in the timeline, I thought Jigsaw showed John Kramer's first game basically, I guess it might not have been.

If the next movie is really a prequel with no apprentices, then it's probably gonna happen before/after the barn game in Jigsaw.

Saw 4 did show Jigsaw's firt victim ( Cecil ), though his game had no tape, no Billy and it was basically John looking at him while he was trying to get rid of the knife chair trap

The barn game had 5 victims and had a lot of stuff going on. I refuse to believe that John would jump from 1 victim to 5 victims, so fast.

He tested a lot of people before finally making the barn game. He knew Logan right after the barn game. So, if there are no apprentices this time, this movie has to happen before the barn game.
Saw Warrior
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
56.5%

1 year of membership

Postby Faerie Tanith » November 5th, 2018, 11:31 am

There's only so many times they can pull the "alright guys, here's how Saw ACTUALLY began" card before people get fed up.
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson, Danny Glover

Real Life Amanda Young
Faerie Tanith

1 year of membership

Mood: Yeehaw

Postby ColeSmith777 » November 7th, 2018, 11:46 pm

You can already see that if this is some sort of ‘anthology’ type film where John is the only recurring character, that they will throw in a little tie-in to the rest of the series in the end (maybe as the twist?). Similar to how all the Conjuring universe movies all have a tie in at the end.
These politicians, they say the same thing over and over and over again; "Healthcare decisions should be made by doctors and their patients, not by the government." Well, now I know they're not made by doctors and their patients or by the government. They're made by the insurance companies.
ColeSmith777
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
61%

2 years of membership2 years of membership

Postby Vinc360 » November 14th, 2018, 1:51 am

I don't think they want to make a prequel either. I think they want to slowly transition the series away from John Kramer when possible, but realize that for now this isn't really an option. Might as well give people what they like while Tobin is still active and healthy.
Vinc360
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
17.5%

1 year of membership

The Topic Starter

Previous

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)