Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

First official image!

Sequel or Prequel?

First official image!

Postby JoeyFilms » July 13th, 2017, 10:31 pm

http://ew.com/movies/2017/07/13/jigsaw-first-look-saw/

I'm a bit worried about how excited the directors are about "plenty of traps and lots of gore". I prefer the storyline over the traps. But they do add that there's a good mystery behind it all and some good twists.
JoeyFilms
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
18%

The Topic Starter

Re: First official image!

Postby Faerie Tanith » July 13th, 2017, 11:10 pm

Ah, you beat me to it! I was gonna post about this. :)

Yeah, I have to say I came for the traps and stayed for the actual storyline, and since the storyline is technically finished, I'm not entirely sure how they're planning to re-open it a decade later. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what they do with this.

About that image, though... what in the world is happening?? Is she...drowning in sand? Quicksand? I'm confused and curious.
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson
Faerie Tanith
Victim

Rank experience:
9.5%

Mood: Left Out

Postby JoeyFilms » July 13th, 2017, 11:23 pm

Faerie Tanith wrote:About that image, though... what in the world is happening?? Is she...drowning in sand? Quicksand? I'm confused and curious.

I heard most of Saw 8 is set on a farm so this looks like a Grain Mill. All the grain gets funneled through a small opening and grinded up. Pigeons tend to get killed by these things a lot in the here in the UK!
JoeyFilms
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
18%

The Topic Starter

Postby Jigsaw_Expert » July 13th, 2017, 11:23 pm

Faerie Tanith wrote:Ah, you beat me to it! I was gonna post about this. :)

Yeah, I have to say I came for the traps and stayed for the actual storyline, and since the storyline is technically finished, I'm not entirely sure how they're planning to re-open it a decade later. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what they do with this.

About that image, though... what in the world is happening?? Is she...drowning in sand? Quicksand? I'm confused and curious.

It's grain entrapment and a very horrible way to die. We know that at least one scene in the film takes place on a farm, so I guess this is the farm trap. Some rumors were saying the main game takes place on the farm, but those weren't 100% confirmed.

Great trap idea, glad they aren't solely relying on gore to be terrifying.
Jigsaw_Expert
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
52%

Postby Faerie Tanith » July 13th, 2017, 11:32 pm

Oooh, I hadn't heard about that... interesting. :o
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson
Faerie Tanith
Victim

Rank experience:
9.5%

Postby cavrylin » July 13th, 2017, 11:49 pm

So is it SIMILAR to the Pig Trap from Saw III? Being chained to a vat and "almost" drowning?

BUT, thank you for sharing the image! Now I'm getting all kinds of ideas (I grew up going to my best friend's farm so I have a general idea of what goes on in farms/barns)....

BUT. Like someone said. Will be interesting to see what kind of traps/storyline it will go by!
cavrylin
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
22%

Mood: Tired

Postby Jigsaw_Expert » July 13th, 2017, 11:55 pm

cavrylin wrote:So is it SIMILAR to the Pig Trap from Saw III? Being chained to a vat and "almost" drowning?

Either that or she falls into it. In something like this you gradually sink, there's no way to stay on top. Her sinking into it would make for a more intense visual IMO.
Jigsaw_Expert
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
52%

Postby Faerie Tanith » July 14th, 2017, 12:22 am

Ground-up legs... nice.
Faerie Tanith
Victim

Rank experience:
9.5%

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » July 14th, 2017, 12:29 am

Any idea how she is supposed to escape that trap? She has blood on her arm, but from the image I can't tell if it is part of her task of if she was injured beforehand, during her abduction or by the trap itself.
"Ten faded places, that will fall prey to evil..."- The Whisperer
RealmOfLutherNiles
Fix me!

Rank experience:
2.8%

1 year of membership

Postby Faerie Tanith » July 14th, 2017, 12:33 am

Maybe there's some kind of lever or key that she needs to reach to stop it? Or perhaps the actual trap was to see if she could remain suspended above the grain pit somehow, and falling into it means she's lost...
Faerie Tanith
Victim

Rank experience:
9.5%

Next

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)