Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

First official image!

Sequel or Prequel?

Re: First official image!

Postby Poppa » July 14th, 2017, 7:27 pm

Okay good to know

The whole palate for VII was very strange

Here's to hoping it's good 'ol 2D
Poppa
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
13%

Postby saw in china » July 15th, 2017, 4:11 am

I think heroine couldn't die in such a easy trap
saw in china
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
41%

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Mood: Crazy

Postby Saw Warrior » July 15th, 2017, 4:15 am

According to the writer, this movie will be in 2D. No 3D
Saw Warrior
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
25.5%

Postby sawguy77 » July 17th, 2017, 12:26 am

Of all the bad ass stuff in this movie this is the first image they decide to release? ok then..
sawguy77
VIP
VIP

1 year of membership

Postby sawguy77 » July 17th, 2017, 12:26 am

Saw Warrior wrote:According to the writer, this movie will be in 2D. No 3D

no 3d..
sawguy77
VIP
VIP

1 year of membership

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » July 17th, 2017, 4:47 am

In this article, Laura Vandervoort's character is called "Anna." Is that official? I know I read that name a few days ago already, but I don't remember if it was the same one or if other articles include her name as well.

https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/24039 ... eel-dirty/
"Ten faded places, that will fall prey to evil..."- The Whisperer
RealmOfLutherNiles
Fix me!

Rank experience:
16.5%

1 year of membership

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » August 11th, 2017, 8:47 pm

After having seen the trailer, I really wonder how this trap is going to play out. I guess all (or most) of us thought that this is some kind of a grain engulfment trap. However, in the trailer it looks like the silo isn't filled with grain anymore once the weapons and tools start falling from the ceiling, so either the victims aren't supposed to drown in grain and it is only supposed to restrict their ability to move, or the silo continues to fill with grain again after the tools are dropped.
RealmOfLutherNiles
Fix me!

Rank experience:
16.5%

1 year of membership

Postby Jigsaw_Expert » August 11th, 2017, 8:50 pm

RealmOfLutherNiles wrote:After having seen the trailer, I really wonder how this trap is going to play out. I guess all (or most) of us thought that this is some kind of a grain engulfment trap. However, in the trailer it looks like the silo isn't filled with grain anymore once the weapons and tools start falling from the ceiling, so either the victims aren't supposed to drown in grain and it is only supposed to restrict their ability to move, or the silo continues to fill with grain again after the tools are dropped.

Some other guys came up with the idea of this trap being connected to the quipmaster's leg getting caught in the wires. They suggested he'll have to pull several levers to free himself or the wires will sever his leg. But each lever pulled while trigger a different danger in the grain silo.
Jigsaw_Expert
Victim

Rank experience:
35.5%

Postby richr74 » August 11th, 2017, 10:21 pm

That was me, in one of the threads.

I think they are stuck in a room and then mitch and Anna walk into the chamber to find a way through.

Ryan then drops into the floor and they get locked in.

Each lever he then pulls tightens the wires around his legs but at the same time does something to the grain chamber.

He pulls the first lever which releases the grain.
He pulls the second lever which releases the objects
The 3rd lever sets them free.
richr74
Victim

Rank experience:
1%

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » August 11th, 2017, 11:24 pm

Oh, right. You we're also the one who pointed out that they later use Anna's blouse to cover his leg injury, right?

I didn't notice it earlier, but if you're right, then this shot of screaming Ryan at the start of the trailer, before we see the film logo, is probably part of this scene as well. But I wonder if the lever(s) are really connected to the chamber. I mean, if you're right, then Jigsaw wants him to save Mitch and Anna by pulling those levers, but if they release the grain or the objects, then they'd endanger them even more. Thereby, they would decrease their chance at survival even more.

But I like your theory, so I try to develop it a bit further. Maybe the levers don't release all this stuff, but instead they deactivate the trap. So it basically works like this:

1. Mitch and Anna are trapped in the chamber.
2. The chamber is filled with grain and they'll "drown" in it, unless Ryan pulls the first lever and thereby stops the grain supply.
3. After pulling the lever, the objects are released. They will kill Mitch and Anna, unless Ryan pulls another lever.
4. The second lever either frees Mitch and Anna or something else happens first and Ryan has to pull another lever in order to save them.
RealmOfLutherNiles
Fix me!

Rank experience:
16.5%

1 year of membership

PreviousNext

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)