Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

First official image!

Sequel or Prequel?

Re: First official image!

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » July 14th, 2017, 12:37 am

Is that Laura Vandervoort? According to her instagram profile, she dyed her hair for her role in the film. If it's her, I think it's safe to say that she'll survive, as she was reported to be one of the main characters.
"Ten faded places, that will fall prey to evil..."- The Whisperer
RealmOfLutherNiles
Fix me!

Rank experience:
16.5%

1 year of membership

Postby Faerie Tanith » July 14th, 2017, 12:41 am

With respect, the Saw franchise isn't exactly famed for keeping its main characters alive. We all know they love to punch us in the gut with a good plot twist.

That said I do doubt they'd show us a death scene as a teaser image...
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson

Real Life Amanda Young
Faerie Tanith
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
6%

Mood: Invisible

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » July 14th, 2017, 12:46 am

Faerie Tanith wrote:That said I do doubt they'd show us a death scene as a teaser image...

That's what I mean. If it's Laura, she'll probably survive this trap but die in another one later on. The same happened to Strahm (who had one of the most badass escape scenes) in Saw V.
"Ten faded places, that will fall prey to evil..."- The Whisperer
RealmOfLutherNiles
Fix me!

Rank experience:
16.5%

1 year of membership

Postby Faerie Tanith » July 14th, 2017, 12:48 am

True! I remember the trailer for Saw V giving me the creeps when I first saw Strahm's head in the box. Poor boy.
But yeah, fair enough. I'm not very good at speculating so my guessing ends there I suppose!
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson

Real Life Amanda Young
Faerie Tanith
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
6%

Postby jackzillak » July 14th, 2017, 2:42 am

Yeah, I'm also wondering how exactly she's supposed to get out of that.
jackzillak
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
13%

Postby Poppa » July 14th, 2017, 9:52 am

I really hope that blood isnt the same fake looking pink blood they used in VII. Doesn't look very red in that picture.
Poppa
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
13%

Postby Jigsaw_Expert » July 14th, 2017, 11:39 am

When you're in something like this there's not really anything you can do physically. As Faerie suggested, her task was either to avoid falling into the grain pit or someone else has to save her, perhaps they can drain it.
Jigsaw_Expert
Victim

Rank experience:
35.5%

Postby Faerie Tanith » July 14th, 2017, 12:03 pm

Poppa wrote:I really hope that blood isnt the same fake looking pink blood they used in VII. Doesn't look very red in that picture.

Has there been anything said about whether this movie is being made for 3D? If it isn't, then hopefully we'll get the proper red blood we deserve.

Saw VII had pink blood because (and don't quote me on this because I'm not 100% certain but this is what I've heard) the normal fake blood they used didn't look right in 3D. They had to make it that berry pink colour to make it work with the 3D effects, which is also why the colouring in general for that movie is a little strange.
But again I'm not 100% sure that's accurate information. I just know that it being in 3D had something to do with it so if Jigsaw is just going to be in 2D, it should be fine.

Real Life Amanda Young
Faerie Tanith
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
6%

Postby Jigsaw_Expert » July 14th, 2017, 1:02 pm

Poppa wrote:I really hope that blood isnt the same fake looking pink blood they used in VII. Doesn't look very red in that picture.

Faerie Tanith wrote:But again I'm not 100% sure that's accurate information. I just know that it being in 3D had something to do with it

The blood they used in 3D's production was the regular blood, but viewing through 3D glasses dims the picture, so to counter this they brightened the footage in post-production, which is why a lot of the blood looks pink.

In the production stills below you can see blood was a natural color. Shame they didn't reverse the colors for the DVD / Blu-Ray release.
http://imgur.com/a/WqyLe
Jigsaw_Expert
Victim

Rank experience:
35.5%

Postby Faerie Tanith » July 14th, 2017, 2:20 pm

I've only ever seen that Hoffman picture from the production still. Gosh the blood looks so much better in those pictures... Nina's trap especially.

Real Life Amanda Young
Faerie Tanith
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
6%

PreviousNext

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)