Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

FIRST TRAILER HOLY SHIT

Sequel or Prequel?

FIRST TRAILER HOLY SHIT

Postby Jigsaw_Expert » July 20th, 2017, 5:59 pm

HYPE HYPE HPYE HAVENT EVEN WATCHED IT YET
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPP6aIw1vgY

EDIT: Just saw it, need to resist the temptation to watch too much of this. I'm certain bucket head on the right is Hoffman. Hope I have the strength to not go through this frame by frame ruining all the traps for myself.

Love the new Billy design, the production values look insane, looks way more slick and high budget. A lot of the trailer even had me laughing, I can see some diehard fans getting pissed at the lighter tone, but I'm totally for it.

"He returns to take back Halloween." I love that tagline.
Last edited by Jigsaw_Expert on July 20th, 2017, 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jigsaw_Expert
Victim

Rank experience:
36%

The Topic Starter

Re: FIRST TRAILER HOLY SHIT

Postby saw_gameover » July 20th, 2017, 6:07 pm

I genuinely couldn't imagine this looking any worse...
saw_gameover
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
7%

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Postby jackzillak » July 20th, 2017, 6:09 pm

The acting looked bad to be honest but other than that....HYPE!!!!
jackzillak
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
13%

Postby Whirlwind » July 20th, 2017, 6:17 pm

Looks pretty good to me!
Whirlwind
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
17%

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Postby JoeyFilms » July 20th, 2017, 6:19 pm

Definitely looks like it has a decent budget and some insane ideas. Looks a little too tongue in cheek at the same time though. I can't decide wether I like it or not. I think I was expecting something like this though. It's not put me off. :)
JoeyFilms
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
50%

Postby ColeSmith777 » July 20th, 2017, 6:20 pm

The idea of someone recreating the traps is a fantastic idea but the tone that the trailer sets is absolutely horrible. I'm honestly so scared that this movie is going to be a horror/comedy. What we see in the trailer is not Saw.
These politicians, they say the same thing over and over and over again; "Healthcare decisions should be made by doctors and their patients, not by the government." Well, now I know they're not made by doctors and their patients or by the government. They're made by the insurance companies.
ColeSmith777
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
57%

1 year of membership

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » July 20th, 2017, 6:47 pm

Who is the actor of this "funny" guy? If he acts that way throughout the whole film, I can imagine that he'll either annoy many people (like Mallick in Saw V) or is already set to become a fan favorite (like Adam in Saw 1).

Except for the CGI in the grain silo scene, I really love this trailer and can't wait to finally see the full movie.

Also, the trailer confirmed a lot of the leaks from the last months (motorcycle trap, the barn setting, a scene in a park), so I guess it's almost confirmed now that Ryan will be returning as well, since his return was leaked by the same source who told us about the barn and the motorcycle trap. I guess he might be the "surprise character" from the Head Bucket Trap.
Last edited by RealmOfLutherNiles on July 20th, 2017, 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Ten faded places, that will fall prey to evil..."- The Whisperer
RealmOfLutherNiles
Fix me!

Rank experience:
16.5%

1 year of membership

Postby Jigsaw_Expert » July 20th, 2017, 6:51 pm

RealmOfLutherNiles wrote:I guess he might be the "surprise character" from the Head Bucket Trap.

You can see that character is unconscious for a while as well, even when the trap goes off and the chains retract he's still unconscious being dragged across the floor.
Jigsaw_Expert
Victim

Rank experience:
36%

The Topic Starter

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » July 20th, 2017, 7:33 pm

Jigsaw_Expert wrote:
RealmOfLutherNiles wrote:I guess he might be the "surprise character" from the Head Bucket Trap.

You can see that character is unconscious for a while as well, even when the trap goes off and the chains retract he's still unconscious being dragged across the floor.

Right. Didn't see that at first! :lol: I can't wait for the first in-depth analysis of the trailer.

What's also great is that we finally have the confirmation that the blood is red again. Filming it in 2D was probably the best decision they could make.
"Ten faded places, that will fall prey to evil..."- The Whisperer
RealmOfLutherNiles
Fix me!

Rank experience:
16.5%

1 year of membership

Postby Grey Sky » July 20th, 2017, 8:14 pm

I'm torn, part of me likes it, part of me wanted a different vibe.. but either way i'm in the bar car of the hype train. :smoke:
Grey Sky
Regular Freak

Rank experience:
26.8%

1 year of membership

Mood: Meh...

Next

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)