Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Story & Characters - What we know (Spoilers) - Updated 28/09

Sequel or Prequel?

Re: Story & Characters - What we know (Spoilers) - Updated 0

Postby TopsyKrettsgetit » August 9th, 2017, 8:55 pm

Also @richr74, that seems like a definite possibility. Marketing wouldn't want to chance this kind of dumb detective work, so they might have just subbed in another shot for the fifth person.
TopsyKrettsgetit
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
9%

Postby sawguy77 » August 10th, 2017, 6:41 am

Vinc360 wrote:
Saw Warrior wrote:Well, the fifth buckethead person is clearly a man.

I think it's Matt Passmore. The guy who gets the shotgun ( the place setting is the barn ) has a ring. The buckethead guy has a ring. Matt Passmore's character has a ring as you can see him in the laser trap.

I vote Matt Passmore.

This is my vote as well. Note that we basically know he survives the movie, since he mentioned on twitter that he hopes to be back next year once filming wrapped.

(https://twitter.com/MattPassmore11/stat ... 7076335616)

Who says he survives?
sawguy77
VIP
VIP

1 year of membership

Postby Jigsaw_Expert » August 10th, 2017, 2:03 pm

sawguy77 wrote:Who says he survives?

You got no chance of trying to mislead me on this one. I'm expecting him to pull some badass trick to get out of the laser trap like Strahm did in the cube.
Jigsaw_Expert
Victim

Rank experience:
35.5%

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » August 10th, 2017, 2:27 pm

Jigsaw_Expert wrote:You got no chance of trying to mislead me on this one. I'm expecting him to pull some badass trick to get out of the laser trap like Strahm did in the cube.

Or he gets out by simply following the rules...
"Ten faded places, that will fall prey to evil..."- The Whisperer
RealmOfLutherNiles
Fix me!

Rank experience:
16.5%

1 year of membership

Postby Jigsaw_Expert » August 10th, 2017, 3:26 pm

RealmOfLutherNiles wrote:
Jigsaw_Expert wrote:You got no chance of trying to mislead me on this one. I'm expecting him to pull some badass trick to get out of the laser trap like Strahm did in the cube.

Or he gets out by simply following the rules...

Looks more like an execution to me.
Jigsaw_Expert
Victim

Rank experience:
35.5%

Postby Vinc360 » August 10th, 2017, 6:35 pm

sawguy77 wrote:
Vinc360 wrote:

I think it's Matt Passmore. The guy who gets the shotgun ( the place setting is the barn ) has a ring. The buckethead guy has a ring. Matt Passmore's character has a ring as you can see him in the laser trap.

I vote Matt Passmore.

This is my vote as well. Note that we basically know he survives the movie, since he mentioned on twitter that he hopes to be back next year once filming wrapped.

Who says he survives?

Well if he hopes to come back for the sequel, I would guess that means he survives. Unless the series plans to keep getting tangled up in a web of flashbacks with dead characters again, but that sounds like it would be a pretty bad move to me. Really hurt Saw IV and V in particular!
Vinc360
Victim

Rank experience:
92%

Postby Saw Warrior » August 10th, 2017, 7:58 pm

Sw IV was so hardcore and awesome. Many people confused about the timeline twist, haha. I think it has one of the best twists after the first movie.

Saw V had no twist ( we knew Hoffman was setting up Straham, and the 5 people having to work together wasn't enough to be called a twist ).

Saw VI also had no twist ( we knew Hoffman would be tested, the autopsy tape spoiled that 2 movies earlier. William dying is also predictable, because it was obvious that the mother and the son were put there to make that possible. Pamela and William being brother and sister was interesting, but not enough to be a twist ). Hoffman surviving was actually a surprise, but not a twist because Saw 7 had already been revealed before the release of this movie, lol. So, he had to survive because of the plot...

I don't know why so many people got confused after seeing Saw 4. I still get people asking me why do we see 2 Jigsaws. I'm not kidding.

Perhaps the editor should have cut the autopsy scene ( and placed it entirely by the end of the movie, instead of repeating it again).
Saw Warrior
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
25.5%

Postby Saw Warrior » August 10th, 2017, 8:16 pm

sawguy77 wrote:
Vinc360 wrote:

I vote Matt Passmore.

Who says he survives?

Educated guess. If this is indeed a fresh chapter with only Jigsaw returning ( in flashbacks obviously ), we obviously need a good character.

Let's be real now. I doubt it's a woman making the traps or kidnapping all these people. A man has to be involved.

Besides, it's easy to see him as a victim ( in the laser trap ), so they can twist and reveal he's the "copycat".

He IS the copycat or one of the people responsible for the new games. I'm pretty sure.
Saw Warrior
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
25.5%

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » August 10th, 2017, 8:56 pm

Saw Warrior wrote:Let's be real now. I doubt it's a woman making the traps or kidnapping all these people. A man has to be involved.

That guess is pretty unfounded at this point, considering we don't know anything about the characters. They have an entirely new cast, apart from Tobin Bell, so it could be everyone of them, no matter if it's a man, woman, victim, detective or whatever.
"Ten faded places, that will fall prey to evil..."- The Whisperer
RealmOfLutherNiles
Fix me!

Rank experience:
16.5%

1 year of membership

Postby Saw Warrior » August 10th, 2017, 9:10 pm

RealmOfLutherNiles wrote:
Saw Warrior wrote:Let's be real now. I doubt it's a woman making the traps or kidnapping all these people. A man has to be involved.

That guess is pretty unfounded at this point, considering we don't know anything about the characters. They have an entirely new cast, apart from Tobin Bell, so it could be everyone of them, no matter if it's a man, woman, victim, detective or whatever.

I think a woman alone won't be able to do everything you see in the trailer.

Not even Jigsaw managed to do everything alone. He was helped by Hoffman, Amanda and even Gordon.

I think we can pretty much rule out the idea of a woman working alone. It's laughable and impossible. Perhaps it's a duo ( woman and man together ), but that's the only reasonable possibility.
Saw Warrior
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
25.5%

PreviousNext

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)