Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Story & Characters - What we know (Spoilers) - Updated 08/08

Sequel or Prequel?

Re: Story & Characters - What we know (Spoilers) - Updated 0

Postby TopsyKrettsgetit » August 8th, 2017, 10:51 pm

One thing i noticed was the Detective is the one who loads the shotgun/trap.
Edit NVM. Not a leather Jacket. But he is wearing a suit and ring similar to the one the photographer wears.
Last edited by TopsyKrettsgetit on August 8th, 2017, 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TopsyKrettsgetit
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
5%

Re: Story & Characters - What we know so far (Spoilers)

Postby TopsyKrettsgetit » August 8th, 2017, 11:23 pm

Jigsaw_Expert wrote:What if we see different stages of the trap as the detectives investigate each room of the barn. But, going with your time twists, it turns out the detective is buckethead. They're actually investigating the barn before the trap has even played out. Seems as if there's only two people investigating the barn, Matt Passmore's character and the female detective, so it would obviously be Passmore, the female detective might be the copycat (or one of them if there's multiple), unless the copycat is in the barn waiting for them.

Thing is we see Passmore in that laser trap, so maybe he fails the laser trap and it kills him, then the copycat uses his corpse as the fifth buckethead? That would explain why buckethead is unconscious throughout the entire trailer, even when the chains are retracting, because he's already dead. But this raises the question why would the copycat bother to use his corpse in the trap?

In the trailer all we see are the victims pulling on the chains, maybe for the first trap there is no task and it's basically a wake-up call. Maybe Passmore's chain retracts faster than theirs so his corpse will be diced, might just be a way to eliminate any doubt of it being a joke to the other victims? I know that's a real stretch, anyone got any other ideas?

Another thing which works against this theory is there's blood on the buzzsaws intended for buckethead when Passmore is investigating. Again, could be a stretch, but maybe the copycat has left some blood here and there around the crime scene to encourage Passmore to investigate in hopes of finding someone still alive.

A lot of stretches, but seems like it would be an effective twist. Either way, buckethead's body IS NOT there when the detectives are investigating. So either
a) buckethead isn't really dead
b) the investigation takes place before the trap has happened
c) the killer moved his body (why would he do that?)

Something an actor said works against this theory though, highlight the text below if you want to know, but be warned, potential for huge spoilers below.
Passmore said "I hope to be back next year", implying he could survive.
I know the Saw films are known for bringing back actors for flashbacks but I don't feel as if an actor would come out and be this presumptuous if their character dies, even for a Saw film. Unless he purposefully said this to throw us off.

I compared all the actors faces to the quick flashes of them with the buckets on.
I identified all of the them except buckethead, but here's what his/her eyes look like haha http://imgur.com/a/dXBqa
TopsyKrettsgetit
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
5%

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » August 9th, 2017, 1:59 am

Good find. To me, it either looks like a woman or a very young man.
Last edited by RealmOfLutherNiles on August 9th, 2017, 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Ten faded places, that will fall prey to evil..."- The Whisperer
RealmOfLutherNiles
Fix me!

Rank experience:
2.8%

1 year of membership

Postby Saw Warrior » August 9th, 2017, 2:12 am

Well, the fifth buckethead person is clearly a man.

I think it's Matt Passmore. The guy who gets the shotgun ( the place setting is the barn ) has a ring. The buckethead guy has a ring. Matt Passmore's character has a ring as you can see him in the laser trap.

I vote Matt Passmore.
Saw Warrior
Victim

Rank experience:
41%

Postby Nightmare13 » August 9th, 2017, 2:37 am

Man, I haven't been here in years...

Anyways, I really hate to be "that guy",but has anyone considered that Buckethead #5 is Dr. Gordon?

I mean, the up-close of the eyes appear to be a man with a bit of blonde hair you can see in the upper corner above his right eye. There's white paint on the bucket, unlike the others, indicating that he's somehow special. The body appears to be clothed in medical scrubs with an undershirt. I dunno...

Maybe it's a way to kill off Dr. Gordon, since Cary Elwes is not in the film, using a stand-in who's face you can't clearly see. His death could be the copycat/cult/whoever the antagonist is clearing out all past connections to the original Jigsaw Legacy, to start fresh on their own. Can't really explain a motive otherwise, but I'm sure there'd be more to it. Perhaps Gordon wanted it all to be over and the new antagonist(s) didn't want his/her/their plans ruined?

Eh, just brainstorming.
NMXIII
Nightmare13
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
4%

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Postby TopsyKrettsgetit » August 9th, 2017, 7:09 am

I don't think that Dr Gordon reappearing as Bucket 5 is ridiculous. I think Cary Elwes has made it known that he would like his character killed off, although I struggled to find sources. This would be an interesting way to do that. I just think the body type doesn't correlate, and that they are trying to move away from the plot devices of the last 4 saw films.

Although I would love for hoffman or gordon to be in the trap, I don't think they are banking on that sort of continuity from the audience. Die hard fans know the two, but in reality I think most only remember jigsaw as a character.
TopsyKrettsgetit
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
5%

Re: Story & Characters - What we know so far (Spoilers)

Postby richr74 » August 9th, 2017, 1:22 pm

TopsyKrettsgetit wrote:I compared all the actors faces to the quick flashes of them with the buckets on.
I identified all of the them except buckethead, but here's what his/her eyes look like haha http://imgur.com/a/dXBqa

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I already looked at these flash images and I believe the image which is the first you see is actually Carly. It then flicks back to her again the 5th time around so although we get 5 images of buckets its 4 different ones with the one being shown twice. If you look at the bucket the are white specs all over the bit around the eyes on your picture and its identical on the first and 5th Bucket. This is just her before she opens her eyes and the 5th one shows her opening her eyes.
richr74
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
51%

The Topic Starter

Postby richr74 » August 9th, 2017, 1:32 pm

TopsyKrettsgetit wrote:One thing i noticed was the Detective is the one who loads the shotgun/trap.
Edit NVM. Not a leather Jacket. But he is wearing a suit and ring similar to the one the photographer wears.

I've been trying to figure out the rings.

Photographer - ring on 3rd finger of right hand
Shotgun Man - ring on 2nd finger of right hand
Matt Passmore - ring on 3rd finger of left hand
Buckethead - ring on 3rd finger of left hand

So the only link there is Matt Passmore and the bucket head, but a ring being on a specific finger is a big leap anyway really.

What makes you think the detective loaded the shotgun?
richr74
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
51%

The Topic Starter

Postby Vinc360 » August 9th, 2017, 5:51 pm

Saw Warrior wrote:Well, the fifth buckethead person is clearly a man.

I think it's Matt Passmore. The guy who gets the shotgun ( the place setting is the barn ) has a ring. The buckethead guy has a ring. Matt Passmore's character has a ring as you can see him in the laser trap.

I vote Matt Passmore.

This is my vote as well. Note that we basically know he survives the movie, since he mentioned on twitter that he hopes to be back next year once filming wrapped.

(https://twitter.com/MattPassmore11/stat ... 7076335616)
Vinc360
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
85%

Postby TopsyKrettsgetit » August 9th, 2017, 8:02 pm

Matt Passmore was my original guess, as I thought the guy who loaded the shotgun was wearing the same leather jacket, but it's more like a suit.

I'm leaning pretty hard now on the shotgun loader being the photographer, as their clothes/ring match up.
TopsyKrettsgetit
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
5%

PreviousNext

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)