Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Costas Mandylor's Instagram Pic from July ( last year )

Sequel or Prequel?

Costas Mandylor's Instagram Pic from July ( last year )

Postby Saw Warrior » July 22nd, 2017, 2:44 am

I know he won't be in the movie, or might not be in the movie.

However, I only believe Hoffman is dead if they show his rotten corpse. In Saw series, there's no place for implied deaths. They must be shown.

Now look at what he posted:

"Getting ready to sweat it up... Gotta keep in shape". Then he put Hoffman as one of the hashtags.

He hasn't said a damn thing about being or not in the movie, since that post. If he isn't in the movie, I'm pretty sure that he's allowed to say he's not in the movie. So, I don't know what to think, lol.

I believe he's in the movie. If he isn't in the movie, I'm also ok with that. His plot is pretty much complete now.
Saw Warrior
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
25.5%

The Topic Starter

Re: Costas Mandylor's Instagram Pic from July ( last year )

Postby JoeyFilms » July 22nd, 2017, 11:30 am

From the trailer I assume the police found the body. They say they Jigsaw's back and that John Kramer's blood was found. When 10 years ago they new Hoffman was the new Jigsaw and he wiped out half of the police force before disappearing. They also knew he'd tried to frame Strahm by using his DNA at a crime scene.

I can't see how any of the police stuff from the trailer would make sense unless they found Hoffman's body and he was 100% dead. Unless when they say "I'm chasing a dead man" they are actually referring to Hoffman. I just can't see how finding Jigsaws blood would be surprising and confusing for them when they know Hoffman already did that sort of thing.
JoeyFilms
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
50%

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » July 22nd, 2017, 11:40 am

JoeyFilms wrote:I just can't see how finding Jigsaws blood would be surprising and confusing for them when they know Hoffman already did that sort of thing.

It's been ten years and this is an entirely new team working on the case. They might not know all the details from the past murders. They likely find out about the DNA early in the movie, so they might not have had the time to review the old case files.

Also, by the time Hoffman framed Strahm, the FBI took over the investigation and it's possible that Erickson and Perez didn't inform the police about anything related to the Jigsaw murders beyond that point, since the police wasn't supposed to work on the case any further from that point.
"Ten faded places, that will fall prey to evil..."- The Whisperer
RealmOfLutherNiles
Fix me!

Rank experience:
16.5%

1 year of membership

Postby JoeyFilms » July 22nd, 2017, 11:44 am

RealmOfLutherNiles wrote:
JoeyFilms wrote:I just can't see how finding Jigsaws blood would be surprising and confusing for them when they know Hoffman already did that sort of thing.

It's been ten years and this is an entirely new team working on the case. They might not know all the details from the past murders. They likely find out about the DNA early in the movie, so they might not have had the time to review the old case files.

Also, by the time Hoffman framed Strahm, the FBI took over the investigation and it's possible that Erickson and Perez didn't inform the police about anything related to the Jigsaw murders beyond that point, since the police wasn't supposed to work on the case any further from that point.

Ah yeah, that's true, Prerez was probably just lying to scare him. But I still think him taking down half the police station should still be a massive deal to everyone who works there now. If he isn't confirmed dead and is still missing then Hoffman should be the prime suspect in this from the start. (But they could have just not put any references to him in the trailer to surprise us when he appears).
JoeyFilms
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
50%

Postby Saw Warrior » July 23rd, 2017, 7:18 am

RealmOfLutherNiles wrote:

Wasn't Hoffman being hunted by everybody in Saw 3D? Even the reporter was talking about him, once he was trying to get away ( before getting caught by Gordon )

There's no way his name wouldn't pop up. Unless they found the bathroom. Maybe this will be adressed in the movie.
Saw Warrior
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
25.5%

The Topic Starter

Postby Dexter » July 23rd, 2017, 9:18 am

If Costas is not in the movie then it's simply not good enough for me to watch it.
Dexter
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
14%

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Postby sawguy77 » July 23rd, 2017, 4:24 pm

This is the last time i'm going to touch on this. No costas, no jon.
sawguy77
VIP
VIP

1 year of membership

Postby Saw Warrior » July 23rd, 2017, 7:28 pm

sawguy77 wrote:This is the last time i'm going to touch on this. No costas, no jon.

I believe you, but will we get any reference to Hoffman's body?

Did the cops find the bathroom?

I'm fine with Costas not being in the movie ( Hoffman's story is pretty much complete now ), but why would he post that? lol
Saw Warrior
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
25.5%

The Topic Starter

Postby Vinc360 » July 23rd, 2017, 8:16 pm

The less references to the Hoffman movies, the better. I love VI, and still think it's the second best Saw movie, but boy do I hate the apprentices.
Vinc360
Victim

Rank experience:
92%

Postby evanmav » July 24th, 2017, 12:46 am

I LOVE Hoffman and his character. I really really really want him to be in this film. I will be disappointed if the only link from JIGSAW to the Saw series is just John Kramer. His instagram post really confirms to me that he was at least in talks to be in the film. I really truly believe he will be in it, or at least filmed a small scene. Why else would he post that he's working out and then hashtag Hoffman?

Obviously everyone involved in making the film would deny any form of Dr. Gordon or Hoffman being in this, they will want it to be a surprise like Matthews being in SAW III. They don't want a possible twist to be ruined like SAW 3D and Gordon being in it being known while the movie was shooting. I know there is someone on this board who worked on the film and is claiming that he's not in it, but there is no way if Hoffman was in the film that he would ever confirm that. I also think it could be possible that his scene could have been filmed secretly with just the writers and directors knowing of it.

Either way if JIGSAW isn't going to be a true reboot, I would like for there to be flashbacks linking back to the old films. Only way to do that is to include well known characters from the old series such as Amanda/Hoffman/Jill/Gordon
Last edited by evanmav on July 24th, 2017, 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
evanmav
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
66%

Next

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)