Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Costas Mandylor's Instagram Pic from July ( last year )

Sequel or Prequel?

Re: Costas Mandylor's Instagram Pic from July ( last year )

Postby Saw Warrior » July 24th, 2017, 12:57 am

evanmav wrote:I LOVE Hoffman and his character. I really really really want him to be in this film. I will be disappointed if the only link from JIGSAW to the Saw series is just John Kramer. His instagram post really confirms to me that he was at least in talks to be in the film. I really truly believe he will be in it, or at least filmed a small scene. Why else would he post that he's working out and then hashtag Hoffman?

Obviously everyone involved in making the film would deny any form of Dr. Gordon or Hoffman being in this, they will want it to be a surprise like Matthews being in SAW III. They don't want a possible twist to be ruined like SAW 3D and Gordon being in it being known while the movie was shooting. I know someone on this board who worked on the film is claiming that he's not in it, but there is no way he would ever be able to confirm it. I also think it could be possible that his scene could have been filmed secretly with just the writers and directors knowing of it.

Either way if JIGSAW isn't going to be a true reboot, I would like for there to be flashbacks linking back to the old films. Only way to do that is to include well known characters from the old series such as Amanda/Hoffman/Jill/Gordon

I like your way of thinking. :)
Saw Warrior
Victim

Rank experience:
41%

The Topic Starter

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » July 24th, 2017, 1:03 am

I'm still torn because of Hoffman and Gordon. While I believe that they will return, I wouldn't be surprised if we'd have to wait for Jigsaw II, III or even longer. However, I also see the possibility that they handle it like they did with Eric in Saw III. Everyone denied that he was in it to give us a surprise effect once we actually saw the film. Maybe they do the same thing here. And then it's obvious that noone would reveal it before the release as they would probably get into major trouble if they did, assuming that everyone involved had to sign a non-disclosure agreement like they did in the last films.

Personally, I don't need Hoffman and Gordon to appear in person. All I want is some definitive closure on their stories, be it in this film or a future sequel. And if they don't need them on-screen for that, that's fine as well.
"Ten faded places, that will fall prey to evil..."- The Whisperer
RealmOfLutherNiles
Fix me!

Rank experience:
2.8%

1 year of membership

Postby Saw Warrior » July 24th, 2017, 1:49 am

I really hope they don't turn Hoffman into another "7 years of Gordon theories with tons of clues for each movie", lol.
Saw Warrior
Victim

Rank experience:
41%

The Topic Starter

Postby sawguy77 » July 24th, 2017, 3:17 am

I give up. Iv'e been lying this whole time. He's actually the star of the movie. Ryan is in it, and so is adam. Hell they all come back..
sawguy77
Victim

Rank experience:
0.5%

Postby Vinc360 » July 24th, 2017, 3:59 am

Bwahahaha. For the record, I 100% believe ya, he ain't in it. And frankly, the few returning characters is my favorite thing about this movie. New characters are so much more interesting than recycled characters I wasn't a big fan of in the first place.
Vinc360
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
85%

Postby Facu_1991 » July 24th, 2017, 4:40 am

Vinc360 wrote:Bwahahaha. For the record, I 100% believe ya, he ain't in it. And frankly, the few returning characters is my favorite thing about this movie. New characters are so much more interesting than recycled characters I wasn't a big fan of in the first place.

For me it would be best to get as far away from the previous films as possible. In case of referring to any of the above that is brief or I would like the bathroom to appear at least. But the public is renewed and you need to move forward and do not stick with previous things otherwise it will be boring. It's just my opinion
Facu_1991
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
14%

Postby Faerie Tanith » July 24th, 2017, 7:42 pm

Saw Warrior wrote:I really hope they don't turn Hoffman into another "7 years of Gordon theories with tons of clues for each movie", lol.

Please God no.
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson
Faerie Tanith
Victim

Rank experience:
9%

Mood: Left Out

Postby Saw Warrior » July 24th, 2017, 8:29 pm

Yeah, after Tobin Bell, Mandylor is the actor who managed to feature in the highest number of Saw movies.

Bell appeared in all 7 movies
Mandylor in 5 movies ( Saw 3,4,5,6 and 3D )
Shawnee Smith in 4 movies ( Saw 1,2,3 and 6 ).
Donnie Wahlberg and Lyriq Bent got 3 movies ( Saw 2,3 and 4 )

Anyway, I'm positive that they won't pretend that Hoffman didn't exist. His character was in Saw 3, and if this movie happens 10 years after Jigsaw's death, they can't simply ignore that.

I'm curious.
Saw Warrior
Victim

Rank experience:
41%

The Topic Starter

Postby DetectiveChan » July 25th, 2017, 2:15 am

I'm sure Hoffman is in it somewhere regardless of what anyone says. They won't reveal huge secrets like that. They sign agreements and contracts so no one speaks about it.
DetectiveChan
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
40%

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » July 25th, 2017, 2:35 am

Saw Warrior wrote:Bell appeared in all 7 movies
Mandylor in 5 movies ( Saw 3,4,5,6 and 3D )
Shawnee Smith in 4 movies ( Saw 1,2,3 and 6 ).
Donnie Wahlberg and Lyriq Bent got 3 movies ( Saw 2,3 and 4 )

Don't forget Betsy Russel. She appeared in as many films as Costas.
"Ten faded places, that will fall prey to evil..."- The Whisperer
RealmOfLutherNiles
Fix me!

Rank experience:
2.8%

1 year of membership

PreviousNext

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)