Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Why are the detectives ignoring Hoffman's plot???

Sequel or Prequel?

Why are the detectives ignoring Hoffman's plot???

Postby Saw Warrior » July 24th, 2017, 1:11 am

The trailer gives the idea that it's the first time that we see a Jigsaw copycat.

Wasn't Hoffman's identity already known in Saw 3D? He even sent a tape to the cops, demanding Jill and saying more people would die in the game.

So, did the cops find the bathroom? If Hoffman escaped the bathroom, he would go after Gordon. However, the deaths stopped after Jigsaw's death.

So, Hoffman wouldn't wait for 10 years and then start again. So, is this movie trying to pretend that everyone forgot about what happened in Saw 4-3D?

I mean, it seems to acknowledge the first 3 movies ( by giving nods to the traps for each movie- bear trap-Saw 1, Gunpeephole- Saw 2 and Angel trap from Saw 3.

So, in a way this movie would be both a sequel and a reboot. Happens 10 years after Saw 3, and ignores the rest of the movies, without contradicting them.
Last edited by Saw Warrior on July 24th, 2017, 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Saw Warrior
Victim

Rank experience:
41.5%

The Topic Starter

Re: Why are the detectives ignoring Hoffman's plot???

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » July 24th, 2017, 1:22 am

I think there are two possiblities (and I might come up with more later when I think about it more):

The trailer doesn't nearly show the entire scenes involving the police. We just saw VERY small bits. It's totally possible that someone mentions Hoffman in the next second and it just wasn't shown in the trailer. The other reason could be that they actually found the bathroom and Jigsaw's corpse.

And I highly doubt that they will ignore the last four films and certainly hope they didn't even think about this. Also, in shot where we see the magnum eyehole, I believe I saw a glass box in the background, which looked a lot like the Water Cube from Saw V. And someone else claimed that they also saw Cecil's trap somewhere in that scene.
"Ten faded places, that will fall prey to evil..."- The Whisperer
RealmOfLutherNiles
Fix me!

Rank experience:
2.8%

1 year of membership

Postby Saw Warrior » July 24th, 2017, 1:48 am

I also hope they don't ignore the Hoffman's plotline. I really liked him as a character.

I didn't see the water cube trap in the pics, but I think I spotted Cecil's trap. Too bad the pics are way too small. Did anybody make a trailer breakdown trying to connect the plot?
Saw Warrior
Victim

Rank experience:
41.5%

The Topic Starter

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » July 24th, 2017, 2:03 am

Saw Warrior wrote:I didn't see the water cube trap in the pics.

You can see it quite well a 0:55, directly below the gun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcb68kAOvt4

Saw Warrior wrote:but I think I spotted Cecil's trap.

Really? Where? It's my favorite trap in the series so far so it'd be really cool if it was in the film. Also, I think I saw the Death Mask somewhere behind the Angel Trap (though it was pretty blurry.)

Saw Warrior wrote:I also hope they don't ignore the Hoffman's plotline. I really liked him as a character.

Me, too. And there were other great characters as well. The thing is, if they ignore the last movies, then they just throw away four years of work, stories and characters. Even if I end up loving "Jigsaw" as a film itself, such a move would definitely leave a horrible taste in my mouth that will certainly decrease my enjoyment of the movie or any future sequel.
RealmOfLutherNiles
Fix me!

Rank experience:
2.8%

1 year of membership

Postby Saw Warrior » July 24th, 2017, 2:09 am

https://i2.wp.com/bloody-disgusting.com ... 1024%2C422

Behind the water trap ( wow, I really hadn't spotted ), there's clearly a device that seems to be the same one that we got in Saw 4. The blades from Cecil's trap, that he had to push his face agaisnt...
Saw Warrior
Victim

Rank experience:
41.5%

The Topic Starter

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » July 24th, 2017, 2:12 am

I'm not sure. I actually think that is just a side view on the Angel Trap. Unfortunately, the box in the way.
RealmOfLutherNiles
Fix me!

Rank experience:
2.8%

1 year of membership

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » July 24th, 2017, 2:24 am

I just rewatched the trailer and I think that the Reverse Beartrap is found in a different location than the others (Angel Trap, Magnum Eyehole, etc.). To me, the room where they find the other traps looks somehow like an evidence room. If it is, then fact that the Magnum Eyehole trap is there would mean that they found the Nerve Gas House and therefore also the bathroom.
RealmOfLutherNiles
Fix me!

Rank experience:
2.8%

1 year of membership

Postby Saw Warrior » July 24th, 2017, 2:30 am

That magnum trap is not the same one from Saw 2, I think. It's way too damn long, lol.

In Saw 3D, Jill was trying to run from Hoffman, and the police station had several traps from earlier movies ( probably as evidences ). In this new movie trailer, the detective finds a place with the reverse bear trap, and the reverse bear trap was already got by the cops in previous movies.
Saw Warrior
Victim

Rank experience:
41.5%

The Topic Starter

Postby Albert-Wesker » July 24th, 2017, 2:33 am

I think that Hoffman will be mentioned and shown as dead. I just think that Hoffman might not have a large role in the investigation because they found John Kramers DNA and so the investigation centers around him and not Hoffman
Albert-Wesker
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
13%

Mood: Cool

Postby Secret_007 » July 24th, 2017, 12:55 pm

I have waited so long for a new SAW movie, the 8th one. I purposely will not watch the trailer again, because I want to be so surprised when I see JIGSAW this October 27. My own screenplay in my own mind would like to have Costas Mandylor return as "Hoffman" and go after Dr. Gordon. Somehow Hoffman would have escaped.
But in this trailer, it appears to me it is an all new cast with only Tobin Bell returning. Tobin is the star of this film.
Who knows. Maybe Costas Mandylor was serious about not wanting to do anymore SAW films. Maybe they couldn't get Cary Elwes to return as "Dr. Gordon".
I hope JIGSAW does not suck and bite the big one. I would really like to see the SAW franchise continue with more SAW/ JIGSAW films. I would have liked to have seen Mike Realba return as "Detective Fisk".
Let's all go to the movie theater and see this film and let Lionsgate know...we want more. :oh:
It's not the size of the saw that matters, it's how you use it.
Secret_007
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
9%

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Mood: Yeehaw

Next

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)