Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Theory: 2 games happening in 2 different timelines...

Sequel or Prequel?

Theory: 2 games happening in 2 different timelines...

Postby Saw Warrior » July 24th, 2017, 10:02 pm

Ultimate theory:

The 5 people game happens when Jigsaw is still alive.

The other game ( which hasn't really been fully revealed by the trailer ) happens 10 years after Jigsaw's death.

The opening trap ( which happens in the present ) leads the cops to investigate a game, but they're only investigating a game that happened a long, long time ago ( with the 5 people ).

The secret buckethead guy ( whoever it is ) helped Jigsaw 10 years ago and is now making a new game by himself.

There was a truck accident that killed a woman, many years ago. 5 people involved ( now being tested in the barn setting ). Jigsaw already has the apprentice ( Gordon, Hoffman, Amanda or a new character ).

10 years later, the hanged guy ( not sure about the opening trap ) leads the cops to a new series of games.

The woman who died in the accident, is related to the person/copycat/apprentice that got the bucket on his head. It was personal to him ). Problem is, there were 5 people, but the game has only 4 people and the copycat.

The twists:

1) Josiah Black's character ( the hanged guy ) is revealed to be the 5th person involved in the accident that happened 10 years ago. He wasn't tested in the past, because he got out of the country and came back only 10 years later, thinking he would be free.

2) Matt Passmore's character is a detective that didn't care about the investigation, so the 5 people were able to walk away without legal problems. That called Jigsaw's attention. That detective however left the department. 10 years later, he came back and that's why the new game starts.

3) Matt Passmore's laser trap is the ending or almost the ending of the movie. He's being tested because he didn't do anything when he should have done 10 years ago.

I'm still thinking about the buckethead guy, though.
Last edited by Saw Warrior on October 29th, 2017, 2:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Saw Warrior
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
25.5%

The Topic Starter

Re: There are 2 games happening in 2 different timelines...

Postby Vinc360 » July 24th, 2017, 10:44 pm

Wait, this is a theory or did you talk to someone? I'm pretty sure I saw Josiah Black wasn't on set for very long, but I could've been misled.
Vinc360
Victim

Rank experience:
92%

Postby Saw Warrior » July 24th, 2017, 10:49 pm

Vinc360 wrote:Wait, this is a theory or did you talk to someone? I'm pretty sure I saw Josiah Black wasn't on set for very long, but I could've been misled.

This is a theory of mine.

I edited my opening post just to include the obvious ( that it's a theory ), lol.
Saw Warrior
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
25.5%

The Topic Starter

Postby Vinc360 » July 24th, 2017, 10:51 pm

Haha, hey you never know with how many people have been talking!

This theory sounds a bit convoluted, but I kinda like it. Would fit the movie pretty well...
Vinc360
Victim

Rank experience:
92%

Postby Saw Warrior » July 24th, 2017, 11:00 pm

Vinc360 wrote:Haha, hey you never know with how many people have been talking!

This theory sounds a bit convoluted, but I kinda like it. Would fit the movie pretty well...

Hehe, that's fine. :)

Oh, trust me. There's nothing more convoluted than Saw 4.

I'm still split about what to feel about the movie. Sometimes I feel cheated, sometimes I actually think it's impressive. Sometimes the movie is a mess.

I mean, Saw 4 starts as a sequel ( the autopsy happens obviously after Saw 3 ), then it's revealed that the movie is happening at the same time as Saw 3 ( though some events might have happened earlier ), and then it ends with it being really a sequel ( the autopsy is shown again ). Then Saw 5 starts as a sequel to both Saw 3, but before the last ( and first scene of Saw 4- autopsy ).

I'm really waiting for something different, and 2 different games in 2 different timelines is something that hasn't happened in the series yet.

I mean, in Saw 5,6,7, the main games happens after Jigsaw's death. So, perhaps they could change that pattern.
Saw Warrior
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
25.5%

The Topic Starter

Postby sawguy77 » July 25th, 2017, 1:27 am

Hmm you guy's are getting warmer..
sawguy77
VIP
VIP

1 year of membership

Postby Saw Warrior » July 25th, 2017, 1:39 am

sawguy77 wrote:Hmm you guy's are getting warmer..

Whoa!! Thanks for the comment. :)

It's just a tiny theory and I have no idea about the identity of the buckethead guy. I'll probably develop it later.

It's either someone from the past or a new character ( that was involved in the past investigation and will be connected to John/Jigsaw.
Saw Warrior
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
25.5%

The Topic Starter

Postby sawguy77 » July 25th, 2017, 1:58 am

If you guy's keep doing that your gonna figure it out and ruin it for yourself lol. Although there is one key element i have not heard a single person talk about yet. Though i feel you guy's are on the right path so quit while your ahead lol
sawguy77
VIP
VIP

1 year of membership

Postby DetectiveChan » July 25th, 2017, 2:11 am

My prediction is Passmore is bucket head but was let free from the chain trap because he didn't wake up or something went wrong and he didn't tell anyone that he was part of it. That's why you hear John say " the truth will set you free" then later on he gets caught again while investigating and gets put back in a lazer head trap. I also agree with the two timeline theory.
DetectiveChan
Victim

Rank experience:
10%

Mood: Confident

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » July 25th, 2017, 2:42 am

If the theory about the five people being involved in the truck crash is true, then Jigsaw is seemingly more inspired by Saw V than I thought it would be. Didn't Carly say something like "It was a game" in the trailer? Maybe she's refering to that accident. I could imagine that they bullied or pranked the victim of the crash and thereby caused the accident.

I also like the idea about Matt Passmore's character. Though if it's true, I really hope he dies a horrible death in his trap along with all the people in the barn. And the time twist theory makes sense, but I'm not sure if it's really going to be a trap or if they going to make it clear right from the start that these events play out in different timelines. But on the other hand, Saw never had a problem with reusing twists. They used the "Jigsaw pretends to be a victim" twist in Saw I, II and IV and also used the timeline twist in Saw II and IV, so I think it's not unlikely that they'll do it again.
"Ten faded places, that will fall prey to evil..."- The Whisperer
RealmOfLutherNiles
Fix me!

Rank experience:
16.5%

1 year of membership

Next

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)