Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Theory: 2 games happening in 2 different timelines...

Sequel or Prequel?

Re: There are 2 games happening in 2 different timelines...

Postby Saw Warrior » July 25th, 2017, 3:28 am

sawguy77 wrote:If you guy's keep doing that your gonna figure it out and ruin it for yourself lol. Although there is one key element i have not heard a single person talk about yet. Though i feel you guy's are on the right path so quit while your ahead lol

We will never stop, lol. Just kidding. :)

I missed these discussions. Great times. I'll probably figure it out until the release date, but the execution is what matters.

I still have more things to post, but I'm trying to put everything in order, first.
Saw Warrior
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
25.5%

The Topic Starter

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » July 25th, 2017, 3:35 am

Saw Warrior wrote:I missed these discussions.

I never had these discussions! Unfortunately, I was only allowed by my parents to watch them for the first time when Saw 3D was released. :(
"Ten faded places, that will fall prey to evil..."- The Whisperer
RealmOfLutherNiles
Fix me!

Rank experience:
16.5%

1 year of membership

Postby Saw Warrior » July 25th, 2017, 3:47 am

RealmOfLutherNiles wrote:
Saw Warrior wrote:I missed these discussions.

I never had these discussions! Unfortunately, I was only allowed by my parents to watch them for the first time when Saw 3D was released. :(

Wow, that sucks. I discussed about the movies, for years.

It's quite unfortunate that I only discovered House of Jigsaw in 2009. Too bad that place got nuked.

This forum is the only place where we can discuss about the movies. There's also reddit.
Saw Warrior
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
25.5%

The Topic Starter

Postby Vinc360 » July 25th, 2017, 4:29 am

I really believe Matt Passmore's character survives. Once they wrapped shooting, he tweeted that he "hopes to be back next year." I mean, he could always be in flashbacks, but I get this nagging feeling that they really don't want another dead character coming back through restrictive flashbacks again. I think they'll want to establish a new, long-term, living villain in this one. I just hope said villain has much clearer and more believable motivations than either Hoffman or Amanda. And I also hope this new villain is far more compelling a character. Nobody can replace Tobin, but they should at least try to come close.
Vinc360
Victim

Rank experience:
92%

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » July 25th, 2017, 4:56 am

Hoffman and Amanda had believable motivations. Even Jill had in Saw VI. The only one I'm not fully sold on as an apprentice yet is Gordon, since we basically know nothing about his motives other than the "Stockholm syndrome" explanation.
RealmOfLutherNiles
Fix me!

Rank experience:
16.5%

1 year of membership

Postby Vinc360 » July 25th, 2017, 2:59 pm

RealmOfLutherNiles wrote:Hoffman and Amanda had believable motivations. Even Jill had in Saw VI. The only one I'm not fully sold on as an apprentice yet is Gordon, since we basically know nothing about his motives other than the "Stockholm syndrome" explanation.

I can't say I agree. I honestly still don't even know what Hoffman's motivation was, and Amanda's motivation is that she was an addict and became addicted to killing. I was iffy with Amanda... but I can buy it to a degree. I'm just not a fan of where her character went, because I thought she was fantastic in Saw 1... but by Saw 3, her character was entirely different, which just didn't work that well for me.

Hoffman... I don't even know. Saw V implied he was doing everything against his will... but was super unclear. Saw VI made him into a really interesting dude, further implying that he was just trying to untangle himself from the whole Jigsaw mess... but when he talked to the reality tv show winner from the opening trap (simone?) he was essentially implying that he agreed with Jigsaw, which is ridiculous. Then in 3D he continued putting people in elaborate traps for no reason, despite the fact that he wasn't even anonymous anymore. He even created Jigsaw tapes. They never explained his character well. And Gordon is just some hilarious fan-service for fans who didn't think things through over the years and thought they had the ultimate theory.
Vinc360
Victim

Rank experience:
92%

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » July 25th, 2017, 3:12 pm

Amanda was mentally unstable long before her test. Also, she was completely alone and had no one in her life whom she could rely on. Jigsaw used her instability to make her psychologically dependent on him. In her case, the Stockholm explanation works perfectly fine and it's also more realistic than in Gordon's case.

And Hoffman did everything Jigsaw wanted because he was blackmailed. Nonetheless, he also had some sociopathic tendencies, which caused him to take pleasure in torturing the test subjects. But he would have stopped once everything was done. He even implied that himself when he went to Jill to get the envelopes for William's game. And in Saw 7, the only reason he set up Bobby's game was to distract the police forces so it was easier for him to invade the police station. So he had a good reason for doing this, because in all honesty, I would be pissed as well if someone put me in a Beartrap which tears half of my face apart.

But we should go back to topic. There are probably threads about Amanda and Hoffman somewhere on the forum already where we could continue that discussion.
RealmOfLutherNiles
Fix me!

Rank experience:
16.5%

1 year of membership

Postby Saw Warrior » July 25th, 2017, 11:08 pm

sawguy77 wrote:If you guy's keep doing that your gonna figure it out and ruin it for yourself lol. Although there is one key element i have not heard a single person talk about yet. Though i feel you guy's are on the right path so quit while your ahead lol

Hum, what could that be? I wonder...

Perhaps a victim that cheats the game and kills the others, only to be tested again.

Perhaps the whole game was developed in the past, without Jigsaw's acknowledge

Perhaps the game happened in another city ( different from earlier movies )

Perhaps everybody ( other than the buckethead guy ) dies
Saw Warrior
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
25.5%

The Topic Starter

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » July 25th, 2017, 11:27 pm

Saw Warrior wrote:Perhaps the game happened in another city

I doubt that. It is implied in the trailer that the new detectives work for the Metropolitan Police Department, the same department responsible for the Jigsaw Investigation in the first seven films. I guess if the game took place in another city, there would have to be different police forces investigating the barn.
RealmOfLutherNiles
Fix me!

Rank experience:
16.5%

1 year of membership

Postby Saw Warrior » August 10th, 2017, 8:23 pm

DetectiveChan wrote:My prediction is Passmore is bucket head but was let free from the chain trap because he didn't wake up or something went wrong and he didn't tell anyone that he was part of it. That's why you hear John say " the truth will set you free" then later on he gets caught again while investigating and gets put back in a lazer head trap. I also agree with the two timeline theory.

After thinking for a long time, I'm not 100% sure Matt Passmore is the buckethead dude.

He's also being tested ( if that laser trap is indeed a "test" ).
Saw Warrior
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
25.5%

The Topic Starter

PreviousNext

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)