Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Josiah Black plays Edgar Munsen, appears 3 times in trailer.

Sequel or Prequel?

Josiah Black plays Edgar Munsen, appears 3 times in trailer.

Postby Vinc360 » July 26th, 2017, 3:17 am

https://www.instagram.com/p/BW_ZPglFvt2 ... dgarmunsen

Might be in reference to Rockstar Games' "Bully" :D
Vinc360
Victim

Rank experience:
92%

The Topic Starter

Re: Josiah Black plays Edgar Munsen, appears 3 times in trai

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » July 26th, 2017, 7:09 am

Probably the first character whose whole name we know by now. Nice find. :)
"Ten faded places, that will fall prey to evil..."- The Whisperer
RealmOfLutherNiles
Fix me!

Rank experience:
16.5%

1 year of membership

Postby richr74 » July 26th, 2017, 10:27 am

Good find, we had already guessed it and I've listed each scene on my main thread but at least it's confirmation and also now we have another name.

Why can't each actor tweet there name. haha
richr74
Victim

Rank experience:
1%

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » July 27th, 2017, 7:00 am

After rewatching the trailer (again and again), I guess I found some clues to his demise. I don't know how he died, but I guess there are at least two possibilities that we can rule out.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/images/344 ... 85-images/

In picture 7 and 8, we have a really good look at his corpse. There are no severe burn wounds. The injuries he has look more like hematomas or postmortem lividity. I'd assume that this rules out the theory that he died in the trap with the exploding cars.

And then there is the wound on his neck, which looks like a cut, so in the park, he was probably suspended on a wire, which cut into his flesh. This clearly happened after his death:

1. If he hung in that height already, the killer wouldn't have been able to cut off the puzzle piece. Therefore, he hanged him after removing the piece.
2. The cut and the tissue around it look more or less clean and unharmed. As far as I know, there would have to be severe hematomas around that cut if he was hanged alive.

This also raises the question if there was ever a trap in the park at all or if Edgar died somewhere else and was then taken to the park for his public display.
RealmOfLutherNiles
Fix me!

Rank experience:
16.5%

1 year of membership

Postby Saw Warrior » July 31st, 2017, 1:21 am

If he's indeed the victim of the opening trap, he seems to have more scenes that expected. ost of the opening trap victims only appear in the traps and as a corpse.

This guy seems to have some story ( based on the pic that shows him walking through some building )...
Saw Warrior
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
25.5%

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » August 10th, 2017, 12:07 am

As I said, I don't believe that Edgar died in the park and was only displayed there for the police to find him as soon as possible. I'm also very certain that the copycat targeted at least one of the detectives working on the case. But how could he or she be so sure that these specific detectives would investigate the case? I doubt that there are only four detectives working for the homicide unit.

I have two theories in mind:

1. Halloran is one of the most respected and experienced cops in the department, so it was highly likely right from the start that he'd be put in charge of the investigation once the Jigsaw Murders start again.

2. Edgar Munsen has a direct connection to one or more of the detectives. This would also fit the theory that one of you guys previously had. I think it was you, Saw Warrior.

However, this could also fit the third theory that we all had already, according to which the new Jigsaw works for the police. This way, I could imagine that this person would be able to influence the investigation and make sure that this specific team was put in charge.
RealmOfLutherNiles
Fix me!

Rank experience:
16.5%

1 year of membership

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » September 17th, 2017, 10:02 am

Has anyone visited Black's official site yet? It states that Edgar Munsen is a meth addict, which could also be the reason he'll be tested.

http://www.josiahblack.com/
RealmOfLutherNiles
Fix me!

Rank experience:
16.5%

1 year of membership

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)