Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

What kind of twists can we expect?

Sequel or Prequel?

What kind of twists can we expect?

Postby Saw Warrior » July 29th, 2017, 12:33 am

It's said that Jigsaw will have a good mystery and some nice twists ( according to the directors ). So, based on the previous movies , let's remember all the twists so far:

Saw 1 twists:

1) The red herring twist- Throughout the movie, we're meant to think Zep is Jigsaw, when he's in fact just another pawn and another victim in the game.

2) Jigsaw is in fact, the guy that was with both Gordon and Adam in the bathroom, pretending to be dead.

Saw 2 twists:

1) Time Twist- Throughout the movie, we believe that both the investigation and the main game ( the house with 8 people ) happen at the same time, when in fact, the main game already happened long time ago ( and Daniel is there with Eric and the cops, the whole time ).

2) Reverse red herring twist- This is exactly the opposite if compared to Saw 1 Zep twist. Zep was a victim and not Jigsaw. We think Amanda was being another victim again, when she was actually involved with Jigsaw.

Saw 3 twists:

1) Family twist- Throughout the movie, we're meant to think Jeff and Lynn aren't related at all ( other than being tested ), when they're in fact married.

2) Apprentice being tested twist- Amanda is being tested by Jigsaw, without her own acknowledge ( Lynn is her real test )

Saw 4 twists:

This movie is basically recycling the twists from previous movies

1) Red herring twist ( from Saw 1 )- Like Zep, we're meant to think Art is involved with the games, when he's in fact another pawn, another victim in the game.

2) Time twist ( from Saw 2 )- We think the whole movie happens after Jigsaw's autopsy, when in fact everything happens before that scene ( which plays again in the end ). So, the whole thing is a giant flashback until that scene. The movie also happens almost at the same time Saw 3 happened.

3) Pretending to be dead ( from Saw 1 )- Hoffman ( like Jigsaw ) pretends to be dead once Rigg fails the game. However, he's just faking it.

4) New person involved twist ( from Saw 2 )- Like Amanda was revealed in Saw 2, Hoffman is another person involved with Jigsaw.

5) New person to be tested twist ( from Saw 3 )- Jigsaw says Hoffman ( though the autopsy tape doesn't mention his name ) will be tested.

Saw 5 twist

This movie barely had a twist. The 5 people having to work together, is not a twist at all. It doesn't change the movie. It just shows they were selfish.

The only twist imo:

1) Strahm was always meant to be killed ( not tested ), as in fact Hoffman failed and forgot to take the pen ( during the water box ). So, the glass box trap was meant to trick Strahm into thinking it was unwinnable, when in fact it was the safe place against the crushing walls.

Saw 6 twists:

1) Family twist ( from Saw 3 ) reversed: We think William and the family ( mother and son ) are relatedm when in fact they aren't. His real family is the sister, who is Pamela the reporter.

2) Henchman being tested twist ( from Saw 3 ): Like Amanda, Hoffman was also tested.

3) Hoffman surviving the unwinnable trap ( Jill cheated and wanted to kill him )

Saw 3D twists:

1) The only one is Hoffman pretending to be a corpse ( changing places with a victim from the car's trap ) and then being brought to the police station.

Gordon isn't a twist, because we've been predicting this for years, and this doesn't change the movie at all. Jill dying is the consequence.

2) Hoffman being taken to the bathroom, after killing Jill. So, Hoffman's real game was not killing Jill. Once he did it, Gordon took him to the bathroom.

So, based on everything so far.

What should we expect for Jigsaw?

I'm fully expecting a time twist with 2 sets of games happening in different timelines.

I'm also expecting a new person to be revealed.
Saw Warrior
Victim

Rank experience:
41%

The Topic Starter

Re: What kind of twists can we expect?

Postby Jigsaw_Expert » July 29th, 2017, 12:58 am

For V aside from the Fatal Five having to work together, I think the fact Hoffman was framing Strahm was supposed to be a twist, an idea which I really like. Definitely the most original of the series, not another time / family / apprentice twist. But it didn't come across very well because it was incredibly obvious. It's so obvious you basically assume it's the plot of the movie, Hoffman is framing Strahm, then when the flashback montage at the end occurs you're basically wondering so what's the revelation?

Shame they didn't execute it as well as they could've, would've been a great reveal.
Jigsaw_Expert
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
52%

Postby ppaiem » July 29th, 2017, 1:29 am

A combination of those I would think. There will be a twist on the who dun it front.

You know what I think... they might macrocosm the twist from the original and have somebody who we think has been dead for the whole series comeback.
ppaiem
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
9%

Postby Faerie Tanith » July 30th, 2017, 12:47 am

Possibly red herring. Or surprise reveal of an old character. I can dream...
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson
Faerie Tanith
Victim

Rank experience:
9.5%

Mood: Left Out

Postby DetectiveChan » July 30th, 2017, 5:06 pm

What ever it is I hope it's something we aren't expecting. Would really like to see a character return. Really hoping for a Hoffman reveal :)
DetectiveChan
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
40%

Postby Saw Warrior » July 31st, 2017, 8:53 pm

DetectiveChan wrote:What ever it is I hope it's something we aren't expecting. Would really like to see a character return. Really hoping for a Hoffman reveal :)

Mandylor isn't in the movie. Neither Cary Elwes and the guy who played Ryan in Saw 3D. No Amanda, by the way.

So, it'll probably be a new character that will have links to the past.
Saw Warrior
Victim

Rank experience:
41%

The Topic Starter

Postby DetectiveChan » July 31st, 2017, 11:46 pm

Saw Warrior wrote:
DetectiveChan wrote:What ever it is I hope it's something we aren't expecting. Would really like to see a character return. Really hoping for a Hoffman reveal :)

Mandylor isn't in the movie. Neither Cary Elwes and the guy who played Ryan in Saw 3D. No Amanda, by the way.

So, it'll probably be a new character that will have links to the past.

I'm not disagreeing with you but just because people from the inside say he's not in it, doesn't mean what they say is true. Not trying to say anyone is a liar but I believe if people work on a movie such as Saw they aren't allowed to reveal any big details like that. I could be wrong though??
DetectiveChan
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
40%

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)