Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Amanda, Hoffman and Gordon won't be in Jigsaw...

Sequel or Prequel?

Amanda, Hoffman and Gordon won't be in Jigsaw...

Postby Saw Warrior » July 31st, 2017, 5:07 pm

I liked all these characters, but their plots are pretty much over.

Amanda's story was wrapped up in Saw 6 ( where we learn she was with Cecil, when Jill was attacked at her clinic and lost Gideon )

Hoffman's plot is also over. He killed Jill and was chained by Gordon in the bathroom. He won't be back, he died. So, it's obvious there wouldn't make sense to get Hoffman again for a movie that happens 10 years after Jigsaw's death.

Gordon was never meant to keep making games. He just got Hoffman, because Jigsaw asked him to do it ( as it was John's last wish ). He'll keep his job as a doctor and that's it.

So, I guess it's time to move on and focus on new characters. We should be glad that Jigsaw is back, at least in voice. :)
Saw Warrior
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
25.5%

The Topic Starter

Re: Amanda, Hoffman and Gordon won't be in Jigsaw...

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » July 31st, 2017, 5:39 pm

That doesn't mean much. Amanda's story was over in Saw 3 already. They came up with the Saw VI-related stuff later on. So if they want, they can always add something new to every characters storyline.

However, I agree that we most likely won't see any of them in Jigsaw. I wouldn't be surprised if they return in a future sequel, though.
"Ten faded places, that will fall prey to evil..."- The Whisperer
RealmOfLutherNiles
Fix me!

Rank experience:
16.5%

1 year of membership

Postby Saw Warrior » July 31st, 2017, 6:03 pm

Saw 3 left Amanda's letter plot open.

Saw 6 just closed her story for good.

Hoffman has nothing more to add. We know everything about him and we know he failed and was locked in the bathroom. So, he's already dead.

Jigsaw has always something to add, lol. :)
Saw Warrior
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
25.5%

The Topic Starter

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » July 31st, 2017, 6:09 pm

What I meant is that they didn't plan to continue Amanda's story after Saw 3. Someone from the crew (I don't know if it was on the audio commentary or in an interview) even said that her letter had no importance for the overall story. They just came up with the Gideon story later on. And this could happen to every character. But I agree that Hoffman's story is over and I don't expect him to return alive, if he ever returns at all.
RealmOfLutherNiles
Fix me!

Rank experience:
16.5%

1 year of membership

Postby JoeyFilms » July 31st, 2017, 6:15 pm

Saw Warrior wrote:We know everything about him and we know he failed and was locked in the bathroom. So, he's already dead.

But do the cops know that? Unless they say they found his body it would be crazy to go a hunt for anyone but him. If there's no body then as far as they know Hoffman was carrying on the Jigsaw games and then suddenly vanished into nowhere, so when the games suddenly start back up out of the blue 10 years later he should be the prime suspect.

If he's not in the film I atleast want a single line of dialogue from the cops explaining how they came across his body.
JoeyFilms
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
50%

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » July 31st, 2017, 6:28 pm

I also hope that he'll be referenced, but I don't have to see him again. But now that they know he was Jigsaw's accomplice, they most likely also found out about his motivations and might conclude that it wouldn't make sense for him to start killing again after 10 years.

Also, John's DNA on Edgar Munsen is most likely identified early on in the film, so they would probably focus on John himself, to make the audience wonder if he is really dead.
Last edited by RealmOfLutherNiles on July 31st, 2017, 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RealmOfLutherNiles
Fix me!

Rank experience:
16.5%

1 year of membership

Postby Saw Warrior » July 31st, 2017, 8:25 pm

It's impressive that the cops haven't found the Saw 2 house ( and the bathroom ) yet...

I can't wait to see Hoffman's corpse. Now that Costas won't be in the movie, they could just show a body, so we definitely forget Hoffman for good.
Saw Warrior
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
25.5%

The Topic Starter

Postby Journey95 » August 1st, 2017, 10:03 pm

I agree but they should still reference them and not pretend that Amanda and Hoffman never existed..
Journey95
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
25%

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)