Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Will we get a trilogy for "Jigsaw"?

Sequel or Prequel?

Will we get a trilogy for "Jigsaw"?

Postby Saw Warrior » August 10th, 2017, 10:18 pm

No idea about the budget for this movie, but it doesn't seem cheap like the previous ones.

I guess it's something between 20-25 million. If this thing makes 100 million worldwide, will we get a sequel next year?

If so, perhaps they'll focus on a new trilogy? I'm curious about it. Let's hope it performs well, though I feel this could perform like Rings, which would be disappointing for the francise.

Thoughts?
Saw Warrior
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
28.5%

The Topic Starter

Re: Will we get a trilogy for "Jigsaw"?

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » August 10th, 2017, 11:18 pm

I think they'll do the same thing they already did with the previous films. If Jigsaw performs well, they'll probably go for a trilogy. And if Jigsaw II performs good as well, they might already plant some hints at a fourth film in Jigsaw III (similar to the Jill scene, the clay soldier, or the brief appearance of Hoffman in Saw III, which all became more important in the films that came next).
"Ten faded places, that will fall prey to evil..."- The Whisperer
RealmOfLutherNiles
Fix me!

Rank experience:
16.5%

1 year of membership

Postby Saw Warrior » August 10th, 2017, 11:28 pm

RealmOfLutherNiles wrote:I think they'll do the same thing they already did with the previous films. If Jigsaw performs well, they'll probably go for a trilogy. And if Jigsaw II performs good as well, they might already plant some hints at a fourth film in Jigsaw III (similar to the Jill scene, the clay soldier, or the brief appearance of Hoffman in Saw III, which all became more important in the films that came next).

Let's hope they keep the budgets with reasonable numbers.

I can't imagine 7 Jigsaw movies in 7 years, though. lol

Isn't Tobin 75 years old, by the way? They better hurry up, he''s not a kid anymore. A trilogy would be perfect to close the story. 10 Saw movies will be enough. :)
Saw Warrior
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
28.5%

The Topic Starter

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » August 10th, 2017, 11:37 pm

Saw Warrior wrote:Isn't Tobin 75 years old, by the way? They better hurry up, he''s not a kid anymore.

As long as he's still fit and healthy, age is no obstacle. Just look at people like Ian McKellen or Betty White. They are still working and still enjoy it. From what I've heard of Tobin, he could do the same.
RealmOfLutherNiles
Fix me!

Rank experience:
16.5%

1 year of membership

Postby I Implore You » August 11th, 2017, 12:07 am

RealmOfLutherNiles wrote: the clay soldier.

Could you remind me what the clay soldier scene was? Are u referring to the waxed tape?
Saw 3D doesn't not exist in my universe.
I Implore You
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
16%

Mood: Excited

Postby Vinc360 » August 11th, 2017, 12:35 am

I believe Saw 3D cost around 20 million to make, and I expect this one to be in the same ballpark. They probably saved a looooot on the camera equipment. They're filming with an Arri Alexa mini rig, which is pretty tiny for what it is. Saw I-VI were filmed with relatively expensive film cameras, and 3D was shot with state of the art 3D cameras. The glossier look you see in the trailer is likely achieved at a much cheaper cost than it would've been at the time. I wouldn't even be surprised if the final cost of this film is LOWER than Saw 3D's.
Vinc360
Victim

Rank experience:
97%

Postby Vinc360 » August 11th, 2017, 12:36 am

Saw Warrior wrote:
RealmOfLutherNiles wrote:I think they'll do the same thing they already did with the previous films. If Jigsaw performs well, they'll probably go for a trilogy. And if Jigsaw II performs good as well, they might already plant some hints at a fourth film in Jigsaw III (similar to the Jill scene, the clay soldier, or the brief appearance of Hoffman in Saw III, which all became more important in the films that came next).

Isn't Tobin 75 years old, by the way? They better hurry up, he''s not a kid anymore. A trilogy would be perfect to close the story. 10 Saw movies will be enough. :)

Don't even suggest this, man :(

My heart couldn't take him retiring, let alone worse.
Vinc360
Victim

Rank experience:
97%

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » August 11th, 2017, 12:43 am

I Implore You wrote:
RealmOfLutherNiles wrote: the clay soldier.

Could you remind me what the clay soldier scene was? Are u referring to the waxed tape?

It was one of the conversations between John and Lynn after the surgery. I believe it was the one where he spoke to Lynn about her marriage.
RealmOfLutherNiles
Fix me!

Rank experience:
16.5%

1 year of membership

Postby Saw Warrior » August 11th, 2017, 12:50 am

Vinc360 wrote:
Saw Warrior wrote:

Don't even suggest this, man :(

My heart couldn't take him retiring, let alone worse.

I also love Tobin's work. Guy is a legend. I hope he lives long enough, amazing human! :)
Saw Warrior
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
28.5%

The Topic Starter

Postby Faerie Tanith » August 11th, 2017, 5:52 pm

What are you guys talking about? Tobin is immortal, everyone knows that!
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson

Real Life Amanda Young
Faerie Tanith
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
46%

Mood: Invisible

Next

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)