Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Zepp Eight released - Spoilers.

Sequel or Prequel?

Re: Zepp Eight released - Spoilers.

Postby Sinwhale » October 9th, 2017, 6:08 pm

Sawrules8 wrote:There are movie trailers that show the final shot of the film in the teaser.

I remembered the dark knights first visual shot from the trailer was the final shot of the movie.

Same with Saw 3D when it showed Gordan in a pig mask attacking someone.

So it could happen. Maybe Logan dies as the person slams the door shut after he does to end the film with the game over line.

Even though all the Saw films except 5 have the phrase game over in it

The difference with the scenes you are using as examples and the case of the Laser Trap is that there is no context to them. You don't really know what's happening in those scenes or what is about to happen. The Laser Trap has enough context of its own to be a pretty straight forward story.

sawguy77 wrote:Logan in the laser trap is not the final shot of the movie. The final shot is not in the trailers..

Thank you.
Sinwhale
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
22%

Postby sawguy77 » October 9th, 2017, 9:27 pm

No problem. It's like a flower. Come back after the movies released and you'll know what I mean :-)
sawguy77
VIP
VIP

1 year of membership

Postby Jigsaw_Expert » October 9th, 2017, 11:10 pm

Sinwhale wrote:The difference with the scenes you are using as examples and the case of the Laser Trap is that there is no context to them. You don't really know what's happening in those scenes or what is about to happen. The Laser Trap has enough context of its own to be a pretty straight forward story.

What story is that? Logan in a trap. The trailer is just making us think he bites it but instead he'll save himself.
Sinwhale wrote:
sawguy77 wrote:Logan in the laser trap is not the final shot of the movie. The final shot is not in the trailers..

Thank you.

Take note he said Logan in the laser trap is not the final shot of the movie. Doesn't mean the laser trap isn't the final scene, it could be Logan on the ground after getting out of the collar.
Jigsaw_Expert
Victim

Rank experience:
15%

Postby sawguy77 » October 9th, 2017, 11:15 pm

LOL i didn't choose my words carefully to throw you off. I just meant it's not the final shot.. It could be the final scene, or maybe it isn't.. You'll know in a few weeks. One piece of advice though. If you don't want to be spoiled don't go in to hello_jigsaws thread.. I believe he has seen it.. Or at least knows thing's general audience doesn't..
sawguy77
VIP
VIP

1 year of membership

Postby Jigsaw_Expert » October 9th, 2017, 11:21 pm

sawguy77 wrote:If you don't want to be spoiled don't go in to hello_jigsaws thread.. I believe he has seen it.. Or at least knows thing's general audience doesn't..

I wish I hadn't read it. They were fun teases but a bit too much.
Jigsaw_Expert
Victim

Rank experience:
15%

Postby sawguy77 » October 9th, 2017, 11:32 pm

Jigsaw_Expert wrote:
sawguy77 wrote:If you don't want to be spoiled don't go in to hello_jigsaws thread.. I believe he has seen it.. Or at least knows thing's general audience doesn't..

I wish I hadn't read it. They were fun teases but a bit too much.

That's what i told him in private message. I like teasing but have never given away anything specific yet, other then hoffman and gordon not being in it cuz it drove me nuts lol
sawguy77
VIP
VIP

1 year of membership

Postby Sinwhale » October 9th, 2017, 11:39 pm

Jigsaw_Expert wrote:[
What story is that? Logan in a trap. The trailer is just making us think he bites it but instead he'll save himself.

The story is that a pretty relevant character of the movie is being tested with an original contraption that doesn't fit what we've seen before. Through this phrase/story many questions appear : Why? When? How?. Compare this with your Dr Gordon - Pighead example. A 1 second frame of a uknown Pig-Mask guy/girl in the SAW 3D teaser. Is there a story there ? The story that can pretty much come out is this "A Pighead".

This scene, which is an integral part of the promo campaign, being a storyline ending or an intro to a storyline ending defeats the purpose of the whole traditional Hello Zepp ending specifically for a Saw Fan.

As for your hypothesis about manipulating us into thinking that he's dead etc, it's clearly an unsatisfying twist especially if the idea of the "Logan" character being in danger lies on the back of our head for 2+ months thanks to the trailers introducing the scene to us.

I understand the whole "adrenaline rush" of theorizing and trying to figure out a saw movie and I experience it myself, but clinging into ideas and theories as facts and spreading them as such into message boards and subreddits seems lame to me. Look at the "Eleanor" character. It still might be true but I imagine it as a scenario where a guy is trolling on twitter or reddit like the private screenings guy and then it's being the number one new juicy info on the Jigsaw movie.

EDIT: Final paragraph is just clarifying my intent to post in the first place.
Sinwhale
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
22%

Postby Jigsaw_Expert » October 9th, 2017, 11:47 pm

Sinwhale wrote:The story is that a pretty relevant character of the movie is being tested with an original contraption that doesn't fit what we've seen before. Through this phrase/story many questions appear : Why? When? How?. Compare this with your Dr Gordon - Pighead example. A 1 second frame of a uknown Pig-Mask guy/girl in the SAW 3D teaser. Is there a story there ? The story that can pretty much come out is this "A Pighead".

This scene, which is an integral part of the promo campaign, being a storyline ending or an intro to a storyline ending defeats the purpose of the whole traditional Hello Zepp ending specifically for a Saw Fan.

As for your hypothesis about manipulating us into thinking that he's dead etc, it's clearly an unsatisfying twist especially if the idea of the "Logan" character being in danger lies on the back of our head for 2+ months thanks to the trailers introducing the scene to us.

I understand the whole "adrenaline rush" of theorizing and trying to figure out a saw movie and I experience it myself, but clinging into ideas and theories as facts and spreading them as such into message boards and subreddits seems lame to me. Look at the "Eleanor" character. It still might be true but I imagine it as a scenario where a guy is trolling on twitter or reddit like the private screenings guy and then it's being the number one new juicy info on the Jigsaw movie.

EDIT: Final paragraph is just clarifying my intent to post in the first place.

It wouldn't be the first time they've given away huge spoilers in the promotional material. One of the first images of Saw VI was Brent hitting the "die" option for William's switch. A TV spot showed William on the other side of the cage screaming (being injected with acid). They literally gave us the ending of William's story. It's not at all "out there"

"clinging into ideas and theories as facts"
Where did I ever say my post was a fact?
Jigsaw_Expert
Victim

Rank experience:
15%

Postby Sinwhale » October 9th, 2017, 11:57 pm

Jigsaw_Expert wrote:"clinging into ideas and theories as facts"
Where did I ever say my post was a fact?

That's the reason I edited my last post because when I reread it, it felt like an attack to you and since it did anyway I apologise. The last paragraph is just me explaining my general distaste to this fake news method that's been going on the last month.
Sinwhale
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
22%

Previous

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)