Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

SPOILERS! Guess Whose Back!

Sequel or Prequel?

SPOILERS! Guess Whose Back!

Postby Sawrules8 » October 1st, 2017, 8:00 pm

First off it’s good to be back at a Saw forum page. I was Sawrules6 on HOJ and OS.

And that’s not all whose back. In the latest tv spot of Jigsaw. We see a man being carried away by asylum guards. That person is none other than....

https://twitter.com/jswalton/status/913610835716489216

Ryan from Saw 3D!!!!

It appears he’s lock up in a mental institution in this film and the cops may question him over recent events. He and Brad may have been busted by the cops and revealed what he did to Hoffman and maybe he’ll answer the question about Dr. Gordon.

But good to see him back and good the Jon Cor is getting work still.
Sawrules8
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
14%

The Topic Starter

Re: SPOILERS! Guess Whose Back!

Postby Vinc360 » October 1st, 2017, 8:06 pm

That's... not him! Look at the nose and jawline. It's funny, you're definitely not the first person who thinks it is.
Vinc360
Victim

Rank experience:
46.5%

Postby Sawrules8 » October 1st, 2017, 8:19 pm

He bulked up over the years. I think it is... Fun to speculate. But there was that rumor last year of him being in the film and filmed so scenes with Tobin Bell. This would kind of make sense storyline wise to be him and to answer the ending of Saw 3D with the time gaps
Sawrules8
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
14%

The Topic Starter

Postby Vinc360 » October 1st, 2017, 8:27 pm

I was accidentally at the origin of this rumor, lol. Found out about a year ago that there was a character named Ryan in the movie. Posted that on imdb while saying maybe Jon Cor is back. People ran with it, notified Bloody Disgusting who ran the story, and the "rumor" blew up. But he isn't in the movie... And if I'm honest, I have no idea how people think this guy is Jon Cor. The hair color? I just can't see it. Look at Jon Cor again...
Vinc360
Victim

Rank experience:
46.5%

Postby Sawrules8 » October 1st, 2017, 8:37 pm

OH....well shame on you! Lol

Then I'm laying down the challenge. Find out who this guy is and the first person who does..... Wins a free internet! Let the game begin
Sawrules8
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
14%

The Topic Starter

Postby Vinc360 » October 1st, 2017, 8:52 pm

Watch it turn out to be his twin brother
Vinc360
Victim

Rank experience:
46.5%

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » October 1st, 2017, 9:59 pm

I stated numerous times that I'd love it if they gave Brad and/or Ryan some importance and thereby fix the biggest mistake in the series so far: the absolute pointlessness of the public trap.

Maybe it will happen some day but I have buried my hopes that it'll happen in "Jigsaw". But I think this would also confuse some people. The story of "Jigsaw" is probably going to be complicated enough without two different characters of the same name running around.
"Ten faded places, that will fall prey to evil..."- The Whisperer
RealmOfLutherNiles
Fix me!

Rank experience:
14.1%

1 year of membership

Postby Vinc360 » October 2nd, 2017, 1:09 am

Hey man, the public trap totally did have a point: Give Lionsgate marketing a hook to market the movie. It worked!

Yeah... Saw 3D was an all-around disappointment. It's a shame, because while I think the movie did better financially due to the choices they made, I think the movie ended up hurting the franchise significantly. I really hope Jigsaw does well, I just don't see as much excitement as I used to. I think they really need another strong hook to pull people back in, and the whole "Is Jigsaw back from the dead?" angle doesn't seem to be working so far. It's harder to tell though, as the audience for the movie is more scattered across different platforms than ever before. I wonder how Lionsgate's internal metrics are looking for this movie.
Vinc360
Victim

Rank experience:
46.5%

Postby Saw Warrior » October 2nd, 2017, 1:32 am

They should release a new damn trailer, lol.

The first and only one was released like what, 3 months ago. Marketing really needs to kick in. With tv spots being released, I guess we should give up the idea of another trailer.

Most of the marketing is focused on pics and messages from facebook. The worst thing is that many of the new pics aren't even being released by Lionsgate, but by a source from Spain!!!!

I don't know the budget of this movie, but Lionsgate seems to be playing really cheap regarding the promotion for this movie. This movie is also being sandwiched bettwen Thor Ragnarok and Justice League. It's gonna be a bloodbath.

I can see this movie performing like Rings ( 82 million worldwide ) or Saw 6 ( 69 million worldwide ). Rings is probably the best analogy because the last movie came many years after the previous one. Or perhaps this movie performs like Blair Witch.
Saw Warrior
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
7%

Postby Vinc360 » October 2nd, 2017, 2:18 am

I think word of mouth, if the movie is good, could do it a WORLD of good. A fresh RT rating would be a big story for the franchise, and would be super beneficial. However, I doubt this will happen. It's not a series that resonates with film critics at all. The one thing that will assuredly help it is the fact that it comes out Halloween weekend, when people are in the mood for a horror fix. There's not much of an alternative, though the Snowman looks like it'll be a critical darling.
Vinc360
Victim

Rank experience:
46.5%

Next

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)