Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Who’s the new apprentice/Jigsaw

Sequel or Prequel?

Who’s the new apprentice/Jigsaw

Postby DetectiveChan » October 3rd, 2017, 4:39 am

Okay I been thinking of some more things lately, so I’m curious to what you all have to say. I believe we will see a lot of the past in this new movie where we see John actually setting up some games. I also believe we will see present day things. So I got questions and possible theories that I’d like to see.

In Saw 6 the NEW reverse bear trap, who do you think made that? I don’t believe it to be John because it was too modern compared to his traps when he was alive. Whoever made that trap (copycat) could be the same person that made the lazer trap for this new jigsaw movie. What y’all think?

Now I KNOW people have been saying Hoffman is not in this movie, but things like that have been said before about other actors in these movies so I’m still going to give my theory. A while back a reddit user claimed to have seen the movie and said Hoffman was in a trap. We also seen clousers “hello Zepp” about “killed my wife” now what if it’s talking about Hoffman killing johns wife. He could finally get tested for real this time. John made tapes for Gordon after his death so I’m sure he left him with a list of things for him to do.

I also believe Logan has been around John while he was still alive.

Sorry for the length. Just getting these thoughts out.
DetectiveChan
Victim

Rank experience:
1%

The Topic Starter
Mood: Confident

Re: Who’s the new apprentice/Jigsaw

Postby Teiseja Melchiora » October 3rd, 2017, 5:05 am

RBT 2.0 isn't 'that' modern. It's just black metal with a digital timer. If you look closely at the parts it's the same jumble of 'punk tech' all of John's other designs use. Its certainly far less sleek and not as mechanically complex than the Scalping Seat or the Glass Coffin.

Hoffman is dead. Not 'Saw' dead. Not 'Dr. Gordon's been gone for 5 movies' dead. Dead dead. Confirmed as cannon by the producers in that time period when no more numerical Saw sequels was a set fact. So they had nothing to lose by tipping that hand. (Unlike the aforementioned D.G where they kept it their greatest Schrödinger's Cat until the last second.)

Jigsaw is, effectively, a 'soft reboot'. They've learned from the box office problems Saw VI had. Even if you make a good Saw movie, no casual movie patron will go to watch it in theaters if you need about 7+ hours worth of other movie lore to understand what's going on outside the main game.

There might be references/allusions aplenty but you can pretty much consider all Saw 1-7 plot threads and characters, aside from the main himself, 'dropped'. They want a fresh slate to get as many butts into seats as possible and to pump out a fresh trilogy like the old days.
Teiseja Melchiora
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
6%

Postby Vinc360 » October 3rd, 2017, 1:21 pm

Yes to all points, Telseja, I completely agree!
Vinc360
Victim

Rank experience:
46.5%

Postby PacnyTuH0 » October 3rd, 2017, 1:32 pm

Detective Chan, the RBT 2.0 was in the box John left for Jill. It is pretty clear that John created it.
You can see it in this video - a quick shot between 3:05-3:06.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2OCvBwD71U

I also think Jigsaw will be a reboot and will not focus on the old characters besides John. Maybe a few references but nothing important. I believe so because this movie has a new audience. A lot of people that are going to wacth it were less than 18 years old or even younger when the first Saw movies were out. So chances are they don't even know about them.
PacnyTuH0
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
7%

Postby DetectiveChan » October 3rd, 2017, 1:39 pm

Yeah I know, just me throwing ideas out there. I hope they just don’t steer too far away from the other movies because that’s like a slap in the face to us die hard Saw fans that want answers to previous films.
DetectiveChan
Victim

Rank experience:
1%

The Topic Starter
Mood: Confident

Postby Luvers » October 3rd, 2017, 5:38 pm

The two pig masks people at the conclusion of Saw 7 are supposed to be Ryan and Brad and Brad is returning, so maybe he is a factor.

Maybe this film will be based off of the canon from the video games. Who knows...
Luvers
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
59%

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Postby Vinc360 » October 3rd, 2017, 6:51 pm

It's based off being far enough in the future that the previous stuff doesn't matter. They want to draw in new people, so strong ties with the previous ones is NOT a good idea. And frankly, I'm not too attached to what the previous series became later on, so it's actually a positive for me, on top of being a smart commercial decision.
Vinc360
Victim

Rank experience:
46.5%

Postby Nightmare13 » October 3rd, 2017, 8:20 pm

Luvers wrote:Maybe this film will be based off of the canon from the video games. Who knows...

The video games took place pretty much back-to-back, within about a week or so from the conclusion of Lawrence, Adam, and Zep’s test. And that’s even if you consider the video games canon, which is highly debatable (certain inconsistencies prevent me from being 100% on officially including them). Even so, the video games just cover a few days of time, cumulatively. JIGSAW will have absolutely zero to do with the video game installments.
NMXIII
Nightmare13
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
9%

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)