Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

The Writer in his twitter

Sequel or Prequel?

Re: The Writer in his twitter

Postby DetectiveChan » October 4th, 2017, 8:02 pm

Saw Warrior wrote:If this movie is really a sequel and is trying to start a new story with new characters, then it's good that it tries something new.

I never liked Gordon and I really think Saw 3D was fanservice at its worst.

I liked Hoffman, but his plot is pretty much over. He was locked in the bathroom and he failed to follow Jigsaw's steps. The fact we have a 10 year gap, should speak volumes.

That being said, I still remember when Lionsate said Donnie Wahlberg wouldn't be in Saw 3. Hell, even Donnie Wahlberg HIMSELF denied being in Saw 3. I actually thought it made sense because he had failed his test in Saw 2 and then Saw 3 would be another thing.

Exactly!!

When I went to see Saw 3 and the first scene had Eric Matthews ( Donnie Wahlberg ) getting away of his chain, my jaw dropped. I think this is probably one of the best secrets in the series, IMO.
DetectiveChan
Victim

Rank experience:
1%

The Topic Starter
Mood: Confident

Postby Saw Warrior » October 4th, 2017, 9:04 pm

Vinc360 wrote:
Jigsaw_Expert wrote:
JoeyFilms wrote:Claim - state or assert that something is the case, typically without providing evidence or proof.

I haven't seen anyone post any proof yet so 'claim' seems right.

What proof are you asking for? For him to give away the ending of the film? Sawguy has occasionally shot down incorrect speculation which was later proven to be incorrect by trailers. Long before the trailer dropped he was talking about how different this one would be to the others (which was a reference to the series moving away from being overly sadistic / cruel in favor of being more fun).

As for sawguy, could you answer if there's any more traps to the film which they haven't showed in the trailer? As far as I can tell we got the buzzsaw room, needles / hanging with the chains, grain silo, Ryan with his leg caught in the wire, shotgun room and laser trap. Vinc found out about a car / motorcycle trap which I'm surprised they haven't been promoting heavily, would imagine that'd be an exciting, high budget scene which Lionsgate would love to be showing off, although I'm assuming the two cars blowing up is that trap. Could you confirm if there are any more traps to the film aside from the ones I mentioned? I'm fine if that's it, for it's 90 minute running time this already looks like a really busy movie I don't even know how they'd be able to fit much more traps into this.

Other than the shot of exploding cars in the trailer, I'm starting to be convinced it's not a trap at all. It looks like there's a police barrage in the trailer / tv spots, which could explain spike strips. We also know there's a bike in the blender trap scene (the "one that doesn't get wrecked"), and another one that gets rammed into by a garbage truck. The exploding cars do seem to be part of some sort of trap, but if we didn't have that shot in the trailer, my speculation would be that the police chase ends with some sort of explosion. Though such a scene in a Saw movie sounds pretty crazy at their budget level!

The traps we know ( based on the trailer and tv spots ):

1) The Saw Blade Room

2) The Silo Trap

3) The Spiral Trap ( connected to the motorcycle )

4) There's also a booby trap that seems to get Mitch and send him to a trap

5) There's another part that shows the characters hanging ( not sure what should they do in that scene ). So, I don't know if that counts as a trap or just the consequence of the Saw Blade room. It seems the chains are already moving in that first room.

6) The laser trap

Usually every Saw movie had 6 or 7 traps ( booby traps included ). Saw 3D had 11 or 13, but that's because the movie was basically a mix of 2 movies in one rushed thing.

Not sure if they already revealed the opening trap ( we always knew the opening trap for every previous movie before the official release ) and the final trap ( I guess the laser trap screams ending in that regard, but perhaps there is more ).

The movie is 92 minutes long and we also have a plot around Jigsaw's body disappearing ( based on a tv spot ). So, I don't know how can we get more traps. I don't know.
Saw Warrior
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
7%

Postby Vinc360 » October 4th, 2017, 10:13 pm

I wonder if they'll open with a trap this time! If it does, I'm betting cars trap (assuming it's a thing)

What if it started with Jigsaw's corpse being dug up, or if it started with the cops finding his body post-Saw III?
Last edited by Vinc360 on October 6th, 2017, 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vinc360
Victim

Rank experience:
46.5%

Postby DetectiveChan » October 4th, 2017, 11:03 pm

Been talking with the writer on twitter still. He won’t budge when it comes to giving out info lol. Seems like a great guy though and knows what he’s doing. I believe he is gonna give us some answers of what happened after Saw 7.
DetectiveChan
Victim

Rank experience:
1%

The Topic Starter

Postby Vinc360 » October 5th, 2017, 1:33 am

Josh Stolberg seems like a really, really great guy. It seems to be a trend among people who work / worked on this series, but he in particular has really been carrying the torch of being close to the community, which has been one of my favorite things about the series over the years. I didn't think we'd get that this time around for this one, which is why I'm so glad he's writing this one. Shoutout to sawguy as well for interacting with us crazy people as we wait for the movie!
Vinc360
Victim

Rank experience:
46.5%

Postby sawguy77 » October 5th, 2017, 4:43 am

Vinc360 wrote:Josh Stolberg seems like a really, really great guy. It seems to be a trend among people who work / worked on this series, but he in particular has really been carrying the torch of being close to the community, which has been one of my favorite things about the series over the years. I didn't think we'd get that this time around for this one, which is why I'm so glad he's writing this one. Shoutout to sawguy as well for interacting with us crazy people as we wait for the movie!

well i only "claimed" to work on the movie.. so take everything i say with a grain of salt.. :xxx:
sawguy77
VIP
VIP

1 year of membership

Postby Vinc360 » October 5th, 2017, 2:39 pm

Hahaha, true, true, but I'm all out of salt!
Vinc360
Victim

Rank experience:
46.5%

Postby sawguy77 » October 6th, 2017, 1:21 pm

JoeyFilms wrote:
sawguy77 wrote:
DetectiveChan wrote:Just seen on Josh’s twitter where a fan ask if we will see any Gordon or Hoffman appearances/refrenses/ or Easter eggs in the new film. He replied with the monkey emojis of Hear no evil, see no evil and speak no evil. This was 2 hours ago. Y’all can say all you want that nothing about them is in this film but none of y’all really know. I know a few of you claim to have worked on the film but I’m still giving it hope lol

claim?

Claim - state or assert that something is the case, typically without providing evidence or proof.

I haven't seen anyone post any proof yet so 'claim' seems right.

Tried getting this "green name" and am not able to. it's for actors, writers, directors, editors and producers only which i am neither. So you can believe me or not..
sawguy77
VIP
VIP

1 year of membership

Postby DetectiveChan » October 6th, 2017, 6:20 pm

What was your job? How did you know about the film.
DetectiveChan
Victim

Rank experience:
1%

The Topic Starter

Postby sawguy77 » October 6th, 2017, 10:49 pm

DetectiveChan wrote:What was your job? How did you know about the film.

what is your job?
sawguy77
VIP
VIP

1 year of membership

Previous

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)