Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

John's body?

Sequel or Prequel?

John's body?

Postby JoeyFilms » October 9th, 2017, 8:05 pm

So in the trailer and obviously the leaked photos early in production we know that John's coffin is exhumed, but not much more than that.

Does anyone else think John's body will turn up in a trap? Maybe like a modern take on the Mrs Bates ending with John's corpse sitting in a chair speaking to the last man standing as it were.

I think it would be pretty messed up but definitely cool to bring it full circle and John actually be a corpse instead of playing one. They could even steal a bit of the Dead Silence twist and have his corpse rigged up so it looks like it's talking as John's voice is played through a pre-recorded tape.

I just have a feeling there will be a lot more to do with his corpse than the trailers giving away. I'll be disappointed if they just dig him up and say "well he's still dead, stick him back in the ground boys".
JoeyFilms
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
32%

The Topic Starter

Re: John's body?

Postby Saw Warrior » October 9th, 2017, 8:27 pm

I'm still curious about how the hell will the movie be able to get so many plots in 92 minutes.

Movie is 92 minutes long. However, that number includes ending credits. So, perhaps the real running time is 86-87 minutes.

We have the barn game, the new investigation, the plot about John's body and possibly a copycat. 4 different plots.
Saw Warrior
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
7%

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » October 9th, 2017, 9:09 pm

Saw Warrior wrote:I'm still curious about how the hell will the movie be able to get so many plots in 92 minutes.

Movie is 92 minutes long. However, that number includes ending credits. So, perhaps the real running time is 86-87 minutes.

We have the barn game, the new investigation, the plot about John's body and possibly a copycat. 4 different plots.

You mean two different plotlines. The story about John's body and the hunt for the copycat are all part of the investigation plotline. Well, an Nr. 2 would be the barn game. But I still agree that I can't imagine how they fit so many different scenes, events and settings in these 92 minutes.
"Ten faded places, that will fall prey to evil..."- The Whisperer
RealmOfLutherNiles
Fix me!

Rank experience:
13.9%

1 year of membership

Postby sawguy77 » October 9th, 2017, 9:25 pm

I know it seems short but trust me it all fits. Just look at it this way. There's no filler.
sawguy77
VIP
VIP

1 year of membership

Postby JoeyFilms » October 9th, 2017, 9:51 pm

sawguy77 wrote:I know it seems short but trust me it all fits. Just look at it this way. There's no filler.

Hey! You got VIP status!

Happy to admit I was wrong about you. Looking forward to hearing what it was like on set if you're able to talk about it after the film releases?
JoeyFilms
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
32%

The Topic Starter

Postby PacnyTuH0 » October 9th, 2017, 9:58 pm

Assuming it's 10 years after John's death, there will be a skeleton, not a body in the coffin.

My theory is that his body is not there and the new Saw viewers would think that he is alive, while this being obviously impossible. Also, there either will be a message/tape in the coffin or a body of a new victim. The latter seems a bit too much I think. A message from either John or the copycat seems like the most probable I think.

My theory is based on the reporters and other people when they open the coffin. A lot of action going on, which doesn't seems probable if John's skeleton is there as they would expect. There must be something else - the body is missing or a message/tape is left.
PacnyTuH0
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
7%

Postby sawguy77 » October 9th, 2017, 10:15 pm

JoeyFilms wrote:
sawguy77 wrote:I know it seems short but trust me it all fits. Just look at it this way. There's no filler.

Hey! You got VIP status!

Happy to admit I was wrong about you. Looking forward to hearing what it was like on set if you're able to talk about it after the film releases?

I did. Thanks.
sawguy77
VIP
VIP

1 year of membership

Postby DetectiveChan » October 10th, 2017, 5:20 am

I think some kind of dummy doll will be in the coffin. Maybe billy the puppet and it will do it’s iconic laugh
DetectiveChan
Victim

Rank experience:
1%

Mood: Confident

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)