Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

POLL - Rank Jigsaw

Sequel or Prequel?

On a scale of 1 to 8, 1 being best and 8 being worst, where do you rank Jigsaw in the series?

Poll ended at October 31st, 2017, 5:19 am

18%
14%
18%
14%
No votes
27%
5%
5%

Total votes : 22

POLL - Rank Jigsaw

Postby derwahnsinn » October 26th, 2017, 5:19 am

Now that it's finally time, I thought it was appropriate we have a thread to rate this long awaited installment..

Please vote and tell us your reasons for making your choice.

I'll be checking back tomorrow at 9 MST after I've collected enough data to vote ;)
derwahnsinn
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
11%

The Topic Starter

Re: POLL - Rank Jigsaw

Postby saw_gameover » October 27th, 2017, 2:42 am

Honestly don't feel I've anything else to say other than everything in this movie was executed poorly. The traps. The characters. The final 'twist' which was hardly a twist and ridiculously convoluted. I wasn't going in expecting a continuation of the series, but even as a reboot/standalone, it's just generally a really badly put together movie.
saw_gameover
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
9%

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Postby curious_guest » October 27th, 2017, 2:52 am

Not quite sure yet. I prefer Saw and Saw 6. Most likely Saw 2 too. I think it's in number 4 on my list. For now.
curious_guest
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
21%

Postby ppaiem » October 27th, 2017, 4:13 am

My ranking :

1-Saw
2-Saw III
3-Saw VI
4-Saw II
5-Saw IV
6-Jigsaw
7-Saw V
8-Saw 3D

It was a fun standalone Saw sequel. I liked it as its own thing. Was it a satisfying start to a new series of sequels? No.

However on its own, it was a lot more narratively satisfying than Saw V. And it didn't ruin the series like 3d.

So there you go. #6.
ppaiem
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
30%

Postby Poppa » October 27th, 2017, 7:39 am

For me

1. Saw VI
2. Saw III
3. Saw VI
4. Saw
5. Saw II
6. Jigsaw
7. Saw V
8. Saw 3D

However, definitly want to watch Jigsaw a few more times before passing total judgement
Poppa
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
14%

Postby JoeyFilms » October 27th, 2017, 8:21 am

saw_gameover wrote:Honestly don't feel I've anything else to say other than everything in this movie was executed poorly. The traps. The characters. The final 'twist' which was hardly a twist and ridiculously convoluted. I wasn't going in expecting a continuation of the series, but even as a reboot/standalone, it's just generally a really badly put together movie.

Agreed. Given the 7 year gap this should have been one of the strongest editions that would lay solid foundations for future yearly sequels. They also said they went through hundreds of screenplays before deciding this was the best. Christ they must have had to read through some nonsensical rubbish.
JoeyFilms
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
51%

Postby Hoffman4Life » October 27th, 2017, 9:04 am

Saw
Saw 6
Saw 2
Saw 4
Saw 3
Saw V
Saw 7
Jigsaw
Hoffman4Life
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
14%

Postby evanmav » October 27th, 2017, 9:45 pm

Hoffman4Life wrote:Saw
Saw 6
Saw 2
Saw 4
Saw 3
Saw V
Saw 7
Jigsaw

Worse than 3D? I don't know how anyone can actually say that. Personally if you went into this movie expecting a reboot and not an actual sequel I don't think you can be too disappointed. I think most people went in expecting maybe for this to be more connected to the previous films and that's why they are maybe upset. I personally loved it and put it as my 3rd favorite, maybe 4th favorite. It's essentially very similar to the previous SAW movies, just with no flashbacks or connections to the previous movies.
evanmav
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
71%

Postby SAWKING » October 28th, 2017, 12:22 am

I saw it twice last night, back to back. Was it entertaining? Yes. Was it visually pleasing? Yes. Were there gems for longtime Saw fanatics like me? Yes. Did the story hold up to basic logic? No. And I just cannot fathom how those who create these movies don't realize OBVIOUS aspects of the film that don't make sense. They essentially tried to make us believe that the original bucket head game (later revealed to be BEFORE even Amanda Young's test) was current day by having Billy's eyes electronic instead of the simple, hand painted eyes we saw throughout the original Saws...which to me is both insulting and a cheap attempt to fool the audience. And that's not even addressing the flatscreen TVs and ultra HD screens. Are we to believe that John started off with HD screens and electronic puppets and then regressed to box TV's and hand painted dolls? Come on. As for the grave scenes, that is also simply ABSURD. The film is entertaining if you simply wanted to be entertained. But overall, it is illogical. If you want an ending to be executed well, it HAS to hold water logically. Jigsaw simply does not. As for the ending...why is it that the creators of these movies continue to spend 90 minutes building up to a finale and then barely have any meaningful flashbacks? They did this with Gordon in Saw 3D and now with Logan. One scene with John/Logan spouting cliches at each other does not feel satisfying or convincing. I know some of you will just say that those explanations will come in future sequels but gimme a break. How many apprentices are they going to reveal, half ass explain, and then move on to more convoluted plotlines? Here's an idea....let a TRUE Saw fanatic write the next film. Or at least let some fans provide input on where the story needs to go. Maybe then it will actually fit into the previously established timeline/story and contain a twist that isn't just recycled. After the first viewing I gave it a 7/10. Now I'd say a 5/10. So much potential and yet so underwhelming. :(
SAWKING
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
6%

Postby derwahnsinn » October 28th, 2017, 7:11 am

I'm curious, why do you guys rank Saw 6 so highly? I don't remember it being amazing. It was definitely better than 5 but I always thought the first 4 were considered "the best".
derwahnsinn
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
11%

The Topic Starter

Next

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)