Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

EVERYTHING WRONG WITH JIGSAW (SPOILERS)

Sequel or Prequel?

EVERYTHING WRONG WITH JIGSAW (SPOILERS)

Postby SawLogic » November 3rd, 2017, 11:26 am

I have watched the movie and I am kind of mad! THey had 7 years to do something fresh, new and... better?

1. Intro scene didn't get me hyped, they are chasing Edgar, acting was not so good, didn't make me feel like earlier Saws did.

2. Buckethead trap was debunked months ago just by seeing the trailer and it was too modern for "one of the first traps". The atmosphere, led lights, clean room, and their first test was just... weak. I mean "you have to cut yourself".. really?

3. Why the heck is Billy so modern with his sparkling shoes and glowing eyes? It was just a weak way to trick us into thinking it was happening in the present.

4. All of the traps were boring! Didn't get a rush watching them... Injection trap was boring, leg cutting was pure Sci-Fi because how was Jigsaw able to know that someone will step on that exact spot and got stuck..

Silo trap was dumb because falling object were so random, just didn't speak Saw to me at all...

Blender trap... Didn't see anything, why did the trap react the way it did after Anna tried to break it? WUT?!

Shotgun trap... weak. No comments at all.

Laser trap. They WOKE UP STANDING?! Enough said.

5. Bodies hidden in JILL TUCKS barn for 10 years? Nobody found it, not even by accident?

6. Logan was on the roof, and shot Edgar in the chest... It was so unreal and stupid.

7. Logan is not Jigsaw to me at all because he made all of this just to kill Halloran and he didnt follow the principles of John at all! He just did too much work to cause havoc about Jigsaw after 10 years when he could simply kill Halloran or make an easier trap to punish him! He had to find dopplegangers connected to Halloran, make them die in the exact same way, set up the bodies around the city (when did he have time to do that?)... etc. Makes no sense!

8. With the previous Jigsaw movies they were presenting Jigsaw as a mastermind but in this movie they took his legend status by presenting him as a man that also makes mistakes (too drugged Logan mistake, also a twist in the end).

9. Billy on LCD TVs... like why? Where was that steampunk, gory, old, scary Saw visual identity that made the series successful? How did Jigsaw know that Ryan was trapped and said his name when he had to save Anna and Mitch... Did he say that live? I do not get it.

The only positive thing about the movie was Eleanor because she seems like an interesting character + dark web, copying traps, her studio. That was fun to watch but didn't get enough of that!

The producers lied in their interviews, and it was too predictable overall.

If you do not agree with me feel free to discuss cause I want to know!
SawLogic
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
10%

The Topic Starter

Re: EVERYTHING WRONG WITH JIGSAW (SPOILERS)

Postby manyofhorror » November 3rd, 2017, 12:04 pm

SawLogic wrote:3. Why the heck is Billy so modern with his sparkling shoes and glowing eyes? It was just a weak way to trick us into thinking it was happening in the present.

8. With the previous Jigsaw movies they were presenting Jigsaw as a mastermind but in this movie they took his legend status by presenting him as a man that also makes mistakes (too drugged Logan mistake, also a twist in the end).

9. Billy on LCD TVs... like why? Where was that steampunk, gory, old, scary Saw visual identity that made the series successful? How did Jigsaw know that Ryan was trapped and said his name when he had to save Anna and Mitch... Did he say that live? I do not get it.

Jigsaw blew his budget on his first big game and was like shit these elaborate death traps are expensive.

On a serious note I think theres something to be said for showing that Jigsaw made mistakes in his first big game, Jigsaws games go over perfectly no matter how many variables could happen and you gotta learn from mistakes somewhere along the line to pull off something like the Saw 3 game. But then you can get into the territory of how often does this happen and does just recruit everyone else who doesnt wake up too, so idk.

Im gonna go with the Billy tape for the silos audio was live, but how he knew Ryan would place his leg exactly there we'll just have to go with 'Saw Logic'

When did cinemasins get an account on here?
manyofhorror
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
89%

Postby xchangminniex » November 3rd, 2017, 10:43 pm

Yes! This movie has so many flaws and inconsistencies, it breaks my heart. By itself, it's super fun! But as a part of the series, it just doesn't make much sense.
xchangminniex
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
32%

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Mood: Excited

Postby Facu_1991 » November 4th, 2017, 4:31 am

This movie is totaly crap. Like Leigh Whannell said today Saw should have finished in part 3
Facu_1991
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
20%

Postby I Implore You » November 4th, 2017, 2:25 pm

So if Ryan would have woke up with the rest and had a fair chance to play the game what and where would have his test been along the barn??

The barn game is too centererd around chance overall. Jisgsaw said to Ryan that his leg wouldn't have been nessecary had he followed the rules but to reach that leave to save the 2 that went into the barn he would have to risk chopping an arm off no?? And what If all 3 got in the barn and the door shut. Who would save them.
Saw 3D doesn't not exist in my universe.
I Implore You
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
16%

Mood: Excited

Postby jakexhorror » November 4th, 2017, 2:34 pm

I thought the TV's was simply for the audience and to throw us off guessing the twist. It would have been obvious if the TV's were like the older tv's that the game was in the past.

Shotgun trap... weak. No comments at all.

I think this was one of the better traps in the movie. It screamed SAW to me, nice and simple, a simple premise "here's your key to freedom".
jakexhorror
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
1%

Postby ItsNeverOver » November 4th, 2017, 5:40 pm

If i may add: the overuse of CGI. In the producers commentary for saw 7 they said something like "we know that everything in the saw series is supposed to be very physical. So we try to use CGI sparingly." Wtf happened to that??
ItsNeverOver
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
35%

1 year of membership

Postby manyofhorror » November 4th, 2017, 7:35 pm

ItsNeverOver wrote:If i may add: the overuse of CGI. In the producers commentary for saw 7 they said something like "we know that everything in the saw series is supposed to be very physical. So we try to use CGI sparingly." Wtf happened to that??

Agree 100%, but youve gotta get the best prosthetic artists on it if you wanna pull off something like the laser trap without CG. I thought that CG was passable, but what was used in the cycle trap was inexcusable, some of the worst CG Ive seen in years.
manyofhorror
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
89%

Postby Themovieman » November 4th, 2017, 9:55 pm

Especially when Edgar had his hand blown off. Horrible looking CGI.
Themovieman
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
59%

1 year of membership

Postby LukeG » November 5th, 2017, 3:02 am

After the brilliant autopsy in 4. The crew has no excuse for using so much CG in this film or any others. One of my major complaints
You think it's the living who have ultimate judgment over you, because the dead will have no claim over your soul. But you may be mistaken
LukeG
Victim

Rank experience:
15%

Next

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)