Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Saw Jgsaw wish I didnt

Sequel or Prequel?

Re: Saw Jgsaw wish I didnt

Postby PacnyTuH0 » November 5th, 2017, 5:22 pm

Agree 100%. I thought bringing back Dr. Gordon was the most illogical and stupid thing - Ok, they ran out of ideas and Lionsgate forced them to make a new film for next Halloween so they chose the easy way out.

But after 7 years, coming up with such a script for "Jigsaw" is an insult to the die hard fans. Personally I feel betrayed. I hope they stop making new movies now, as the only thing they will do is mess up the storyline so bad that it will ruin the whole timeline and logic of the series.

The only thing that I loved was the lurking and forum discussions before the movie. I forgot how much of a fanatic I was and I'm glad we had a reason to discuss Saw once again.
PacnyTuH0
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
23%

Postby evanmav » November 5th, 2017, 8:42 pm

The coffin/Edgar plot is for sure my least favorite thing about JIGSAW. I loved the movie so much, but those scenes are weird for sure. I also should say that I don't think that Logan is working alone, I think he had someone else capture Edgar and bury him. Still no excuse for why no one would have noticed the dirt had recently been dug up. The casket should have simply just been empty and not had Edgar's body in it. That way this issue wouldn't have arose.

Every SAW sequel movie has illogical moments, to say otherwise is just plain LYING. I look past the stupid few plots because I love the movies for being thrillers and the games. This movie had a great trap game (Barn game) and I really liked the introduction of Eleanor and Logan.
evanmav
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
66%

Postby LukeG » November 6th, 2017, 10:10 am

It would all make alot more sense if he had help. Instead of believing he did all this on his own. With a job and a daughter its hard to believe he pulled all these stunts on his own
You think it's the living who have ultimate judgment over you, because the dead will have no claim over your soul. But you may be mistaken
LukeG
Victim

Rank experience:
16.5%

Postby Logan_Nelson » November 6th, 2017, 3:08 pm

Which is why this thread annoys me. They'll probably tackle the ridiculous Cemetery story in the next movie, where they'll likely reveal a couple additional helpers.

If they don't, only then can we say it's officially stupid. Until then we have to assume those questions are being answered.
Logan_Nelson
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
89%

Postby PacnyTuH0 » November 6th, 2017, 3:44 pm

LukeG wrote:It would all make alot more sense if he had help. Instead of believing he did all this on his own. With a job and a daughter its hard to believe he pulled all these stunts on his own

Logan definitely had help. The person who stabs Halloran is not shown - we see only a hand. At that moment Logan is unconscious as Halloran knocked him out. I don't think Eleanor stabs him since I assume she should be out of the barn at that time already. The scene was made this way to trick new viewers into thinking that it was John who stabbed him. Therefore there should be another person involved with Logan, which has to be explained in a possible sequel.

Also, the last scene where Eleanor is running on the road we see a car coming towards her. She does look scared to me. I am willing to bet that Logan is driving and is gonna run her over and cut all loose ends. If he doesn't kill her the police will find out Logan is the killer, based on her evidence. Also, since she is the main suspect at that moment and killing her would also look like Logan is a victim and survived the trap - thus becoming the hero now, just like Hoffman.
PacnyTuH0
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
23%

Postby Logan_Nelson » November 6th, 2017, 4:32 pm

Hmmm, I don't know. Logan was never knocked fully unconscious, he was just hit hard and dropped like a rock. But he's a soldier, so we have to assume he's driven to get up quickly.

The only reason the hand that stabs Halloran isn't shown is because it's Logan's hand, and the viewer isn't supposed to know it's Logan yet. He made it seem like he was knocked out, then got up and injected Halloran.

That being said, I think it's obvious he had help thanks to the cemetery scene. In my mind, someone works there and is a jigsaw admirer like Eleanor who fucks around with the graves to hide what he needs to. Just a thought.
Logan_Nelson
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
89%

Postby SawLogic » November 9th, 2017, 2:09 pm

I can already see JIGSAW II plot:

Logan will be tested for real, Jigsaw left a tape and a game for him. There is another apprentice we didn't know about... Eleanor will make her real traps and test people. But someone is going to test her in the end...

Like OMG enough I am so pissed at this fucking movie it destroyed everything. I feel terrible because I payed to see it!!!!!!!!
SawLogic
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
10%

Postby Logan_Nelson » November 11th, 2017, 3:56 pm

If Strolberg isn't lying about his twitter response saying that Amanda and Hoffman knew Logan and he them then I'll be joining the disgruntled bandwagon. That completely destroys any continuity the original movies worked so hard to get right.
Logan_Nelson
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
89%

Postby thatswest » November 11th, 2017, 7:00 pm

I was thinking maybe Logan only met Amanda and Hoffman briefly, before he went to war. But that starts to fall apart the more thought I put into it.
thatswest
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
5%

Postby manyofhorror » November 11th, 2017, 7:17 pm

Logan_Nelson wrote:If Strolberg isn't lying about his twitter response saying that Amanda and Hoffman knew Logan and he them then I'll be joining the disgruntled bandwagon. That completely destroys any continuity the original movies worked so hard to get right.

I see what youre thinking, but it could always be just John saying "hey there was this other guy before you called Logan but its fine hes not around anymore", honestly if weve learnt anything from commentaries etc its best to not take stuff as canon until it happens in a movie.
manyofhorror
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
90%

PreviousNext

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)