Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

So was it necessary....(spoilers)

Sequel or Prequel?

So was it necessary....(spoilers)

Postby HelloZepp-182 » November 5th, 2017, 5:12 pm

So was it necessary for YouKnowWho to frame someone as the new Jigsaw? I mean if I recall at the end of Saw 3D correctly, the news said there was a large manhunt for Hoffman. He got locked in the bathroom, so it’s safe to assume the manhunt wasn’t successful. Couldn’t YouLnowWho have just made it look like Hoffman was back?? Why not just put soandso in a trap, but make it look like Hoffy came back?

Ps: I actually liked this movie, I don’t get all the hate. It’s lower on the list in the series but I didn’t dislike it.
HelloZepp-182
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
4%

The Topic Starter

Re: So was it necessary....(spoilers)

Postby Logan_Nelson » November 5th, 2017, 5:28 pm

He was framing Halloran so that he didn't have to kill him. He just wanted him to rot in prison.

Then Halloran sinks to the lowest of levels by trying to get Logan killed so that he can figure out how to survive the trap. When confronted about this, he takes a swing at Logan. Logan then kills him, having had enough of his shit.

So in my eyes it was necessary. Killing him wasn't necessary but honestly if a guy lets a criminal go and he murders your wife and the guy who set him free doesn't give a fuck you're probably gonna have a tough time not killing him too ;p
Logan_Nelson
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
83%

Postby HelloZepp-182 » November 5th, 2017, 5:53 pm

Oh I get that Halloran deserved it, and deserved to be tested. I’m just saying Logan May have had an easier time framing Hoffman and then just testing Halloran. He also technically broke Jigsaw’s teachings by not giving Halloran a chance to win his test, but that’s a different topic
HelloZepp-182
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
4%

The Topic Starter

Postby evanmav » November 5th, 2017, 8:34 pm

I don't really get the ending entirely. If Logan is trying to set up Halloran for the fall of the new Jigsaw games then wouldn't that basically be proven wrong when the police find his body at the barn? It would seem weird to me if the cops still thought Halloran was the copy cat after being in a trap and dying. Also I'm not sure how Logan is going to explain where he was during all of this, or how he got out. He'll have to for sure clean himself up very quickly before the cops arrive.
evanmav
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
65%

Postby HelloZepp-182 » November 5th, 2017, 11:44 pm

He could probably hide the body too
HelloZepp-182
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
4%

The Topic Starter

Postby LukeG » November 6th, 2017, 10:07 am

I believe his initial intention was to frame him. But after choosing Logan to go first and staking a swing at him plus trying to weasel his way out. Logan decided out of emotion to kill him.

After Halloren confessed he did turn off the lasers. Which leads me to believe he thought Halloren learned his lesson.

Which makes me think Logan is a good mix of Amanda and Hoffman.
Emotion + vengeance + johns philosophy
You think it's the living who have ultimate judgment over you, because the dead will have no claim over your soul. But you may be mistaken
LukeG
Victim

Rank experience:
15%

Postby Logan_Nelson » November 6th, 2017, 4:46 pm

I think Luke nailed it, and I agree. Logan intended on letting Halloran rot in prison once he obtained the confession (he states this). Even when Halloran says "Jigsaw gave his victims a chance to win the games" - Logan is angered by this because he was JUST given a chance to win. The rules were clear; confess. But Halloran tried to activate Logan's trap first AND took a swing at him. So Logan pulls a "no, fuck YOU" on Halloran and reactivates his trap.

And in doing so, as Luke said, we have the merging of Hoffman and John. I don't see Amanda in him, but that's more of an interpretation than anything else.

I've said it before, but to me they made Logan a better, fairer version of Dexter.
Logan_Nelson
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
83%

Postby SmirkingRevenge » November 7th, 2017, 5:08 pm

I don't see how Halloran broke the rules. His test was to confess and he did. Both people would be tested anyway (since the second collar activated on its own) so it didn't matter who went first. They didn't have to work together in that trap. People have fucked each other over plenty of times in the previous Saw films, that didn't instantly disqualify them from winning. Hell - even in Jigsaw the only way they beat the syringe trap was when Ryan jammed the syringes in the girl himself.

I think Logan simply wanted to kill him and would find a reason no matter what Halloran did.
SmirkingRevenge
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
4%

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Postby Logan_Nelson » November 7th, 2017, 10:59 pm

Halloran would have went to jail but he tried to get Logan killed to learn from it. Based on Jigsaw's rules, that means you qualify for execution.
Logan_Nelson
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
83%

Postby IKnowWhoYouAre » November 9th, 2017, 3:31 am

In hindsight even though I enjoyed the film, an apprentice setting someone up for jigsaws crimes was already done so well in Saw V, was hoping they'd go another route besides retreading the whole apprentice thing again, would've loved something a bit more off the wall and original.
IKnowWhoYouAre
Regular Freak

Rank experience:
82.2%

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Next

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)