Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Box Office Update

Sequel or Prequel?

Re: Box Office Update

Postby Saw Warrior » November 8th, 2017, 1:44 am

Whoa!! I'm glad we'll be getting a sequel.

Can't wait to see how is it gonna be called. JIIgsaw, Jigsaw 2, Jigsaww, Jiggsaw or even JJigsaw. Definitely great news.

Next year would be nice, they can't let the fire die. However, I'm satisfied and happy, so that's a plus.

Jigsaw is surviving Thor's hammer, and that's impressive. It deserves our respect. People who worked in the movie, deserve respect.
Saw Warrior
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
25.5%

Postby Vinc360 » November 8th, 2017, 1:50 am

Logan_Nelson wrote:Well yeah, anything I say that's remotely not super nice gets thrown out of context to make me seem like I'm trying to be an asshole. I came to this site specifically declaring that I want to get along with everyone and talk about Saw and THATS IT.

But nope, Vinc has to go and get you all fussy with me, and now you're taking what I say and being all passive aggressive with me. I know you're not working on the next Saw so you can't know when it'll be out...yet you say you're almost certain it will happen next year and not the year after...but you can't tell us? And you're kinda telling us lol - that does not make sense to me. If you could make sense of it I would have a much easier time respecting your input on the matter.

What in the world do I have to do with this? :lol:

I don't know what you're on about.

But yeah, to get back on topic, I expect to see a sequel to Jigsaw in theaters next year. Whether that's the best course for the series remains to be seen. As I already stated, I think they need to really differentiate the next one quite a bit, but they kinda painted themselves into a narrative corner with this last one, as they've done with some of the later sequels. I'm definitely keeping an open mind though, and I'll be there for whatever they decide to put out. I just have the series' success at heart, since I want them to continue and to be as high quality as possible!
Vinc360
Victim

Rank experience:
92.5%

Postby Logan_Nelson » November 8th, 2017, 3:22 am

I don't even know if I can fully contribute a reply because I agree with the points already listed. To have one next year seems like a good idea for them, and awesome for us fans, but I wouldn't be upset or surprised if it was delayed a year for one reason or another.
Logan_Nelson
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
89%

Postby Vinc360 » November 8th, 2017, 4:06 am

The most likely thing is that we're getting a new one next year and that it's a direct sequel to Jigsaw, with Eleanor and Logan as returning characters, flashbacks with Tobin explaining Logan's "origins", and basically some more retreads of the previous Saw sequels...

Now I personally feel like this scenario is a bad idea, and that it may lead to another long hiatus, but we'll see how it goes, and I really do hope for the best as I love this series through thick and thin.
Vinc360
Victim

Rank experience:
92.5%

Postby Facu_1991 » November 8th, 2017, 5:24 am

Vinc360 wrote:The most likely thing is that we're getting a new one next year and that it's a direct sequel to Jigsaw, with Eleanor and Logan as returning characters, flashbacks with Tobin explaining Logan's "origins", and basically some more retreads of the previous Saw sequels...

Now I personally feel like this scenario is a bad idea, and that it may lead to another long hiatus, but we'll see how it goes, and I really do hope for the best as I love this series through thick and thin.

%100 AGREE.
I think it would be a very bad idea to continue the story of Jigsaw. It would begin to entangle the plot as in the previous films and even more if they bring characters from the previous movies. It would only be dedicated for the fans and not for all the public that wants to understand without having to watch 7 previous films. It should be practically perfect for it to be succes at the box office

I'm sorry for my bad English I hope you can understand.
Facu_1991
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
20%

Postby evanmav » November 8th, 2017, 7:12 am

Vinc360 wrote:The most likely thing is that we're getting a new one next year and that it's a direct sequel to Jigsaw, with Eleanor and Logan as returning characters, flashbacks with Tobin explaining Logan's "origins", and basically some more retreads of the previous Saw sequels...

I like the characters of Logan and Eleanor so I'd be interested to see their story play out. I don't understand, people want another reboot where even John isn't involved? That's what it sounds like you're getting at which there is just no way Lionsgate will do.

I think it could be interesting to learn more about Logan and that's pretty much the only way we'll get more Jigsaw. I definitely want John in these movies even if it's just a small scene.
evanmav
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
66%

The Topic Starter

Postby LukeG » November 8th, 2017, 9:22 am

My heart breaks for the day a Saw film is released and Tobin Bell is not involved
You think it's the living who have ultimate judgment over you, because the dead will have no claim over your soul. But you may be mistaken
LukeG
Victim

Rank experience:
16%

Postby manyofhorror » November 8th, 2017, 11:45 am

LukeG wrote:My heart breaks for the day a Saw film is released and Tobin Bell is not involved

It really wouldnt be the same, my face lit up as soon as he appeared in Jigsaw, but I feel that days gonna come soon. I hope he still has a role to play in Jigsaw 2 and isnt given 2 minutes screen time like 3D.
manyofhorror
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
89%

Postby kramersson » November 8th, 2017, 6:41 pm

sawguy77 wrote:I said i am not working on the next one.. I'm just saying i wouldn't bet on it. Jeez. Your real defensive today. Relax..

i really thought when you said this, Logan_Nelson would've replied with: I AM FUCKING RELAXED!!!
kramersson
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
44%

Postby Logan_Nelson » November 8th, 2017, 8:06 pm

kramersson wrote:
sawguy77 wrote:I said i am not working on the next one.. I'm just saying i wouldn't bet on it. Jeez. Your real defensive today. Relax..

i really thought when you said this, Logan_Nelson would've replied with: I AM FUCKING RELAXED!!!

That made me laugh lol I should have used that opportunity to lighten the mood and make the reference. Yesterday was a really bad day for me :p

But I do agree with the above few posts, except for one thing. I think they should make the sequel(s) about Logan being surprised to find that he isn't Jigsaw. Everyone is. Not literally everyone, but that there's a group of vigilantes who work together to punish those who break Jigsaw's Philosphy. I want to see Logan mirror Hoffman in the sense that he feels he has complete control, and then he finds out that Jigsas is legion, and no matter who thinks they are in charge, there is a greater force: anonymous believers.

I. Would. DIE from happiness :D
Logan_Nelson
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
89%

PreviousNext

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)