Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Any cuts made before release? (sawguy77)

Sequel or Prequel?

Any cuts made before release? (sawguy77)

Postby Themovieman » November 7th, 2017, 9:16 am

This question is specifically for sawguy77. All of the previous movies were cut prior to their theatrical release. Then when they were released on DVD they had unrated cuts, specifically with extended moments of blood and gore.

I'm really hoping that 'Jigsaw' is no exception. sawguy77 mentioned in another post that they actually held back with the violence in this one and that the blood and gore was more graphic and detailed. As great as the spiral trap was, (One of the best traps of the series) the actual execution of said trap happened too quickly and wasn't graphic. It should've been like 6 seconds longer, showing Mitch getting shredded up in more graphic detail. In fact, it actually looked like they cut that scene for violence. I really hope we get on unrated cut of this movie.
Themovieman
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
59%

1 year of membership

The Topic Starter

Re: Any cuts made before release? (sawguy77)

Postby LukeG » November 7th, 2017, 9:35 am

Im positive there will be a unrated/director cut. They have had one for each film. And each one I consider the "actual" film. I would be highly surprised if they didn't do the same for Jigsaw.

I haven't bought a DVD in 7 years, and I will certainly be the first in Target to pick up my copy and pop on the commentary
You think it's the living who have ultimate judgment over you, because the dead will have no claim over your soul. But you may be mistaken
LukeG
Victim

Rank experience:
15%

Postby Themovieman » November 7th, 2017, 11:02 am

LukeG wrote:Im positive there will be a unrated/director cut. They have had one for each film. And each one I consider the "actual" film. I would be highly surprised if they didn't do the same for Jigsaw.

I haven't bought a DVD in 7 years, and I will certainly be the first in Target to pick up my copy and pop on the commentary

There reason why I'm concerned about this one not having an unrated cut is because they were clearly going for a newer and less violent direction with this movie. it's been said in the past that this installment was meant to be less vicious and more fun. Plus the Spierig brothers don't seem like the gore hounds that Wan, Whannell and Bouseman were.
Themovieman
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
59%

1 year of membership

The Topic Starter

Postby IKnowWhoYouAre » November 7th, 2017, 11:23 am

I'd be very surprised if there weren't at least a couple of seconds added to the film, in regards to the ending if you look carefully at the editing, just as the lasers start to move, it cuts back to Logan to hide the violence. Also expecting an extra shot or two from the blender/spiral trap.
IKnowWhoYouAre
Regular Freak

Rank experience:
82.2%

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Postby manyofhorror » November 7th, 2017, 11:30 am

Jigsaw isnt the villain, the MPAAs censorship is.
manyofhorror
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
89%

Postby LitmusG1 » November 7th, 2017, 12:53 pm

Hi Guys,

This is the only one I saw in the cinema - how big was the difference between the gore in the cinema vs uncut DVDs for the others?

I can’t imagine traps like the rack or the hair trap for example being much Less violent in the cinema but I’m hoping I’m wrong!

Also does anyone know how different the uncut version is vs extreme editions? I think I have the uncut dvds in a box set but the best digital version I could get to watch on my phone recently was extreme.

Thanks!
LitmusG1
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
14%

Postby manyofhorror » November 7th, 2017, 1:37 pm

LitmusG1 wrote:Hi Guys,

This is the only one I saw in the cinema - how big was the difference between the gore in the cinema vs uncut DVDs for the others?

I can’t imagine traps like the rack or the hair trap for example being much Less violent in the cinema but I’m hoping I’m wrong!

Also does anyone know how different the uncut version is vs extreme editions? I think I have the uncut dvds in a box set but the best digital version I could get to watch on my phone recently was extreme.

Thanks!

Hey, were in the same boat man, great finally seeing Saw on a big screen isnt it.

I own all the extended/extreme/unrated/directors/whatever you call it versions and the producers talk about the differences on commentaries, but all the differences are listed on movie censorship. For example: http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=3302785

It usually ends up just being extra shots lasting a few seconds regarding trap scenes, one that comes to mind that was extremely cut was the Saw 2 syringe scene, strange how you can show all this twisted shit in a movie but what really counts it how long it lasts. It doesnt seem like a lot but those few seconds can make or break a scene (like the Blender in Jigsaw)
manyofhorror
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
89%

Postby sawguy77 » November 7th, 2017, 2:35 pm

I have no idea. All i know is the practical effects were very detailed and graphic but i didn't see much of it on screen.. I hope there is.. I was only there for filming. No idea what they did afterwards..
sawguy77
VIP
VIP

1 year of membership

Postby Themovieman » November 7th, 2017, 8:12 pm

sawguy77 wrote:I have no idea. All i know is the practical effects were very detailed and graphic but i didn't see much of it on screen.. I hope there is.. I was only there for filming. No idea what they did afterwards..

Could you elaborate on what was more detailed and graphic?
Themovieman
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
59%

1 year of membership

The Topic Starter

Postby manyofhorror » November 7th, 2017, 8:39 pm

sawguy77 wrote:I have no idea. All i know is the practical effects were very detailed and graphic but i didn't see much of it on screen.. I hope there is.. I was only there for filming. No idea what they did afterwards..

I think the prop effects came across pretty well on screen, like shit the mitch copy in eleanors studio was incredible work. Weird how we saw that but never got a proper look at real mitch's mangled corpse
manyofhorror
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
89%

Next

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)