Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Any cuts made before release? (sawguy77)

Sequel or Prequel?

Re: Any cuts made before release? (sawguy77)

Postby manyofhorror » November 8th, 2017, 1:59 am

Themovieman wrote:If we don't get an extended cut like we did with the previous films, I'll be very upset. If I recall, none of the other movies had any issues with the MPAA.

Mightve been something else forgive me, but I think it was 4 or 6 they mentioned on a commentary had to be submitted 9 times before given an R rating? No problems of course, they just went ahead and took out what they wanted but kept it in for the extended versions.
manyofhorror
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
90%

Postby Vinc360 » November 8th, 2017, 2:04 am

It's worth keeping in mind there are many reasons why something might be cut from a movie, chief of which would be pacing issues rather than MPAA-related cuts. I'm sure we can at least expect to see some deleted scenes, if not a directors' cut.
Vinc360
Victim

Rank experience:
92.5%

Postby Themovieman » November 8th, 2017, 2:59 am

Some of the death scenes can use some extending and added gore. The spiral trap especially.
Themovieman
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
59%

1 year of membership

The Topic Starter

Postby Logan_Nelson » November 8th, 2017, 3:20 am

To Vinc: I wanna move past this, so I think it's safe to agree that there was a misunderstanding. I don't think anyone here is being shady, I found the nature of the NDA to be odd based on what information he was allowed to provide and whatnot. I have no problem admitting I am not familiar with NDA's at all. I'm used to confidentiality agreements that bind me to not discuss the murders, homicides, and suicides I see on a regular basis. The concept of an NDA is foreign to me accept for having a general understanding of what it does. I don't hate anyone and I don't want any hostility. Sorry for telling you to fuck off, I'm used to the old HoJ, where once something is derailed it's derailed forever and no one can peacefully resolve anything. We aren't those people.

As for the possible unrated cut, I suspect there could be a little bit more gore on the DVD but the "film passed uncut in the U.K." - what does this mean exactly? That it was fine to show audiences without omitting anything?

I really hope they add a couple additional seconds to each gore scene so the fans who wanted more can have it. If not I can live with it but I'd love to see that. And it would be even better if they could edit out the "oh that's not creepy at all" line. That's just my opinion though.
Logan_Nelson
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
89%

Postby Vinc360 » November 8th, 2017, 3:59 am

All good man! I'm more than happy to put this behind us :)

And I believe this just means they passed without being required to make additional changes to the movie's violence level. I'm definitely expecting some additional footage though, even if it's not necessarily gore. Would be cool to see what scenes they might have cut for time!
Vinc360
Victim

Rank experience:
92.5%

Postby sawguy77 » November 8th, 2017, 11:03 am

Vinc360 wrote:....You actually think I was trying to write a fake quote? Like to impersonate you or something? Your actual post was right above it. Of course it was a joke quote, paraphrasing what you were essentially saying in order to make fun of what you said, since I found it funny.

You stated that sawguy not saying something was shady. Your post makes it very clear you weren't talking about the NDA itself being "shady". I don't even know what's up for debate here. There's no morality involved here, I made a joke because you blatantly stated something not shady at all was shady, which I found funny and a little misguided. I wasn't trying to be rude, I was making fun of a situation I found funny. You're taking all this way too seriously, and making a big deal out of this makes things even funnier to me, but maybe I just have a warped sense of humor, and there IS actually a conspiracy where I'm trying to put words in your mouth as part of a ploy to eventually build an alternate online persona out of you. You got me! This was my long-term evil plan! :)

As for the NDA stuff, here's a hint: They don't want him mentioning anything, so he's taking a risk even saying anything at all. If they see that he said something they don't like, they may decide to try and enforce the NDA. It's doubtful, but how about we quietly enjoy the tidbits he decides to share without pressing him for additional info and insinuating he needs to "prove" anything.

Thank you. Finally somebody get's it.. I say what i say, how i say it for a reason..
sawguy77
VIP
VIP

1 year of membership

Postby Logan_Nelson » November 8th, 2017, 8:07 pm

*rewinds tape and listens closely*

..."Follow your heart..."
Logan_Nelson
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
89%

Postby LukeG » November 9th, 2017, 8:46 am

Im putting Logan_Nelson, Vinc360, and sawguy77 in my first game if they can't get along.
You think it's the living who have ultimate judgment over you, because the dead will have no claim over your soul. But you may be mistaken
LukeG
Victim

Rank experience:
16.5%

Postby LukeG » November 9th, 2017, 8:48 am

Ill be in the game too. But the twist will be I was in on it from the beginning. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You think it's the living who have ultimate judgment over you, because the dead will have no claim over your soul. But you may be mistaken
LukeG
Victim

Rank experience:
16.5%

Postby kramersson » November 9th, 2017, 11:01 am

i already told all my friends i would spend the rest of my days testing ppl if i (unfortunately) get cancer

and then a trip to japan, lets leave it at that
kramersson
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
46%

PreviousNext

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)