Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Bucketheads II

Sequel or Prequel?

Bucketheads II

Postby LitmusG1 » November 8th, 2017, 12:54 am

So this reduced gore thing has stuck on my mind for a while now. It has both positives and negatives. It was lot easier to watch, but should it have been?

So it got me thinking - how would I change any of the traps to give them more of an old school Saw feel?

This is intended to be for fun, I loved the movie as it is, so am not actually suggesting they should have changed it!

I think it would be pretty cool if the rules in the bucketheads trap were changed slightly. Instead of just giving blood, which was surprisingly tame, you have to use the blades to cut off a body part. And the twist is once someone removes a particular body part, the others have to cut off something different.

So the first person decides to sacrifice their little finger; the prize for going first is causing yourself the least damage. They reluctantly slice their finger off on the blades and their light turns green.

The second person might then go for their thumb, thinking they are being quite clever. They’ll miss it more than a finger, but it’s probably the next best option.

Third in line might then choose to give up their whole hand which could make an interesting moment in itself. It won’t be easy, but if it’s that or be pulled into the wall of death, I know what most people would do.

So now it gets interesting. The fourth person would have a pretty tough choice, their punishment for letting three others beat them to it. So they weigh up the options. Do they cut off a full arm and risk bleeding to death? A leg? Their foot? What can they live without? How much are they willing to give to stay alive?

Then they have an idea just before the time runs out. They reluctantly walk towards the wall of spinning blades with a look of terror, bend their neck, and proceed to angle their head.

Queue a great Saw moment when the blade slowly begins to cut off their ear! That would be pretty gory to watch, blood spraying everywhere, lots of close up shots with a spinning blade dangerously close to their eyes, their face, their neck, maybe nicking them occasionally, all whilst cutting through their ear.

But once it’s over, all four people are (arguably) in good enough condition to carry on with the rest of the games. Maybe not in real life, but they could carry on in the Saw world!

The wounds would give an automatic feel of injury/blood/pain in all scenes to follow, giving a moodier feel to the rest of the show.

How would you do it differently? Or how would you change some of the other traps? Or will everyone hate my suggestion?

Let’s find out!
LitmusG1
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
14%

The Topic Starter

Re: Bucketheads II

Postby manyofhorror » November 8th, 2017, 1:55 am

I like your idea! Im glad the opening buckethead scene wasnt meant to kill anyone, it would be a shame to kill someone so early on in the movie.
manyofhorror
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
90%

Postby Vinc360 » November 8th, 2017, 2:59 pm

I love this, yes, that would've been fantastic!
Vinc360
Victim

Rank experience:
92.5%

Postby Albert-Wesker » November 8th, 2017, 10:38 pm

Would have made that trap a bit more interesting, since I found it one of the lamest and just a worse version of the one fro Saw 5.
Albert-Wesker
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
29%

Mood: Cool

Postby LitmusG1 » November 9th, 2017, 12:47 am

Thanks guys!

Yeah it certainly wasn’t the best, in fact I’m not quite sure how you would lose in the movie version - even the unconscious guy managed to turn his light green I suppose.
LitmusG1
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
14%

The Topic Starter

Postby LukeG » November 9th, 2017, 8:32 am

Since the trailer was shown, I had no idea what they had to do or what was going down in the blade room. I wish they did more with the jigsaw "Live" plot. Since he was in the building and speaking over the com and watching with cameras they could of made a really original main game. Couldve been way simpler and more Saw 1, just a room and a knife. Would've been pretty cool
You think it's the living who have ultimate judgment over you, because the dead will have no claim over your soul. But you may be mistaken
LukeG
Victim

Rank experience:
16.5%

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)