Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Am I the only one that was pleased Hoffman wasn't in Jigsaw

Sequel or Prequel?

Am I the only one that was pleased Hoffman wasn't in Jigsaw

Postby ToBENbell » November 8th, 2017, 9:48 pm

I love the film's he was in but I don't like his character he killed Jill too. John wanted him dead I can't blame him.
ToBENbell
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
22%

The Topic Starter

Re: Am I the only one that was pleased Hoffman wasn't in Jig

Postby evanmav » November 8th, 2017, 9:57 pm

Honestly I was a little let down. I had convinced myself he was gonna be in it because he put up an instagram around filming and did #hoffman. He's one of my favorite characters of the series because he's just so bad ass. I was a little disappointed he wasn't in this. I'd way rather have Hoffman in Jigsaw then Dr. Gordon who I never liked his inclusion in Saw 3D.
evanmav
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
65%

Postby Albert-Wesker » November 8th, 2017, 10:22 pm

I wouldn't say I was pleased, but I didn't mind that he didn't appear and I think we had enough movies that centered around him.
That being said, I would've liked if the at least mentioned him to confirm that he was dead or thought about him being behind the killings.

I really think that Hoffman's story is over. But I wanted Gordon to appear in the movie.
Albert-Wesker
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
29%

Mood: Cool

Postby Vinc360 » November 8th, 2017, 11:16 pm

I was very happy to see them cleanly break from the previous movies, I didn't want any returning characters (beyond John Kramer, of course).

I was disappointed that Logan was essentially Hoffman 2.0.
Vinc360
Victim

Rank experience:
92%

Postby Facu_1991 » November 9th, 2017, 12:01 am

I think they did well not to bring any characters from the previous ones, the only one I wanted to see was Tobin Bell and I also had a hope that Leigh Whanell would appear. Speaking of which I would like to ask Sawguy if he knows anything about some rumors that Leigh Whanell wanted to return in a scene during or post movie because he saw the many rumors saying that Adam was still alive and could appear from some way but later it was discarded for the new image that they wanted to give to the movie
Facu_1991
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
20%

Postby ItsNeverOver » November 9th, 2017, 12:30 am

He was they just changed the actor and renamed him logan.
ItsNeverOver
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
35%

1 year of membership

Postby LukeG » November 9th, 2017, 2:47 am

I wasnt dissapointed. Because I didn't think he would be in it. But I wish he was, if they made it make sense
You think it's the living who have ultimate judgment over you, because the dead will have no claim over your soul. But you may be mistaken
LukeG
Victim

Rank experience:
15%

Postby Facu_1991 » November 9th, 2017, 3:38 am

ItsNeverOver wrote:He was they just changed the actor and renamed him logan.

JAJAJAJA True :lol:
Facu_1991
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
20%

Postby Logan_Nelson » November 9th, 2017, 5:53 am

I think it's safe to say that the general consensus among the fans here is that we wanted Hoffman's fate to be mentioned without him being in the movie so that we have some closure on his character's supposed death.

I still think they should reveal him through Eleanor's discovery of the bathroom, but I feel like if they don't they will address his fate one way or another to keep people happy.

Or they could still decide to write out the characters from the old movie but I think everyone is giving them the impression that this should be a continuation; perhaps I'm wrong about that though.
Logan_Nelson
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
83%

Postby LukeG » November 9th, 2017, 7:39 am

Im a big fan of Costas. So I want him to be back in full force. But unfortunately im going to have to settle with a small role or at least a mention
You think it's the living who have ultimate judgment over you, because the dead will have no claim over your soul. But you may be mistaken
LukeG
Victim

Rank experience:
15%

Next

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)