Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Favourite Trap in Jigsaw

Sequel or Prequel?

Favourite Trap in Jigsaw

Bucket Heads
No votes
Hanging Collars
No votes
Leg Wires
14%
Grain Silo
7%
Cycle Trap
29%
Shotgun Test
43%
Laser Collars
7%

Total votes : 14

Re: Favourite Trap in Jigsaw

Postby manyofhorror » November 10th, 2017, 5:53 pm

I voted shotgun, I was hesitant on the Spiralizer (as stolberg called it in the script) because it was all built up so well, but the god awful cgi which I got past in the 2nd viewing and really quick kill scene that needed to be little longer changed my mind.
manyofhorror
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
90%

The Topic Starter

Postby Themovieman » November 10th, 2017, 8:42 pm

manyofhorror wrote:I voted shotgun, I was hesitant on the Spiralizer (as stolberg called it in the script) because it was all built up so well, but the god awful cgi which I got past in the 2nd viewing and really quick kill scene that needed to be little longer changed my mind.

What CGI? That scene was done with practical effects and it looked it too.
Themovieman
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
59%

1 year of membership

Postby Vinc360 » November 10th, 2017, 8:50 pm

The spiralizer was a little inconsistent with the rest of the movie in terms of being another big, extravagant and unbelievable trap like those in every movie post Saw II, whereas the rest of the film made a clear effort to have more believable, simpler traps, which I loved. But the Spiralizer was one of the coolest "insane contraptions" of the series. I also gotta say that the ones they rebuilt for the replica lair were well picked, as they were probably my favorite traps from the previous films!

There is only one trap I'd call truly "bad" in execution in the movie, and it's the laser trap. The effects were not nearly good enough, and the whole thing was goofy. Did not like that one at all, if I'm honest. I'm honestly just not a fan of the movie's ending as a whole, maybe my dislike of that trap is just part of the package deal.
Vinc360
Victim

Rank experience:
92.5%

Postby manyofhorror » November 10th, 2017, 9:34 pm

Themovieman wrote:
manyofhorror wrote:I voted shotgun, I was hesitant on the Spiralizer (as stolberg called it in the script) because it was all built up so well, but the god awful cgi which I got past in the 2nd viewing and really quick kill scene that needed to be little longer changed my mind.

Im refering to that shot with Mitch grabbing the brike bake and it looks superimposed, but the trap construction itself was great and commendable.

This here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BY0_CuyF_bU/?taken-by=saw
manyofhorror
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
90%

The Topic Starter

Postby Themovieman » November 10th, 2017, 11:26 pm

manyofhorror wrote:
Themovieman wrote:

Im refering to that shot with Mitch grabbing the brike bake and it looks superimposed, but the trap construction itself was great and commendable.

This here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BY0_CuyF_bU/?taken-by=saw

You must have good eyes, because I didn't even notice that, and I usually quick to notice those type of things.

My main issue with that scene is that it had such great visuals, an intense, suspenseful build up and the ultimate payoff was a blink and you missed it type moment. There was no real transition. It was like grind, grind, grind, dead body, over. I know I sound like a broken record, but it was this particular scene that makes me hope we get an unrated version, with like 5 seconds added to that scene. If they do that, then that scene will be one of the most epic scenes in the whole series.
Themovieman
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
59%

1 year of membership

Postby manyofhorror » November 10th, 2017, 11:49 pm

Themovieman wrote:You must have good eyes, because I didn't even notice that, and I usually quick to notice those type of things.

My main issue with that scene is that it had such great visuals, an intense, suspenseful build up and the ultimate payoff was a blink and you missed it type moment. There was no real transition. It was like grind, grind, grind, dead body, over. I know I sound like a broken record, but it was this particular scene that makes me hope we get an unrated version, with like 5 seconds added to that scene. If they do that, then that scene will be one of the most epic scenes in the whole series.

Haha, cheers. I saw the shot being used for the instagram promo and thought it was just a neat picture made for that, probably why I was surprised it was used in the final cut.

But yeah I think were all in agreement over this, I dont want to compare but if the spiralizer was in 6 or 3D Im sure we wouldve seen the body being thrown around in that blender instead of it ending in a scream then the body plopping out.
manyofhorror
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
90%

The Topic Starter

Postby Logan_Nelson » November 11th, 2017, 1:31 am

Bucket head trap was too similar to Saw V's decapitation trap and did not get my vote.

Hanging collars trap wasn't really specific about how many needles could and couldn't be injected into Carly so it seemed weird to me personally and did not get my vote.

Leg wires trap was super cool but Mitch slightly touching the wires causing them to tighten more seemed like a really over exaggerated mechanical feature so just couldn't get my vote.

Grain silo trap was the worst one IMO and doesn't get my vote.

Spiralizer had so much potential and we saw very little of it so it doesn't get my vote.

Shotgun trap was homage to Saw I in a way that wasn't overly obvious and features Jigsaw himself. Classic rules, classic outcome. It gets my vote.

Laser collar trap was super cool but Halloran couldn't have been passed out standing up with all of that weight being supported by his neck and the Demigorgon looking CGI death means this one had its vote revoked.

Personal opinion
Logan_Nelson
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
89%

Previous

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)