Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

BluRay Release for Jigsaw - any complete collection?

Sequel or Prequel?

BluRay Release for Jigsaw - any complete collection?

Postby kramersson » November 9th, 2017, 3:08 pm

Does anyone here know what the hell is up with Lionsgate not releasing any Saw movies in a complete collection bluray format? I'm not talking about the stupid consolidated release that they did few years back with Billy the Puppet on the cover. I'm talking along the lines of what UK had a few years back where they released the complete collection in a reverse bear trap replica. When they decided to end the franchise with Saw 3D, several years passed and they should've released a complete collector's edition for the fans with new interviews and roundtable talk. They never did that and I'm pissed. I actually didn't buy any of the single-movie releases because none of them had any special packaging or slip cover. I held on to the special edition DVDs all with director's/unrated cuts as those were clearly superior. But watching them again in 2017 (via Saw marathon before watching Jigsaw), the picture quality is really bad....sigh...
kramersson
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
44%

The Topic Starter

Re: BluRay Release for Jigsaw - any complete collection?

Postby manyofhorror » November 9th, 2017, 5:59 pm

And god the boxart for that blu-ray collection is ugly as hell...

Im not sure they did this one on blu-ray, but what I have the 7 films with every directors cut plus all the special features. Its limited edition and hard as hell to find now (not as hard as that reverse bear trap edition), lucky I picked it up in a 2nd hand store. The only downside of the boxset is they leave out all the special features from Saw 1 which has the funniest commentary track with James and Leigh.

(excuse the picture quality, this is taken from google)

You might get lucky! A complete complete collection might spawn from this if theres a demand. I just hope the DVD of Jigsaw isnt spared from all the commentaries etc as most are going to blu-ray only, but if it is it may prompt me to move over to the bluray crowd lol
manyofhorror
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
89%

Postby kramersson » November 10th, 2017, 11:00 am

blu ray is definitely the way to go...the dvd versions look really bad in 2017 lol...ruins my HD TV screen...i wouldn't mind seeing shawnee blading her thigh in her underwear in 4K as well haha
kramersson
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
44%

The Topic Starter

Postby Logan_Nelson » November 11th, 2017, 3:48 pm

Just a heads up, I have been looking online and to my knowledge there are 2 Blu-Ray sets you can buy readily online.

The first one has 2-3 movies per disc, for a total of 3 discs. The second one has 7 individual discs. I bought the 2nd one with 7 individual discs. Cost me $40 and was worth it.

If I could find a RBT edition I would mail my wallet to that person for it. I didn't even know such a thing existed!
Logan_Nelson
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
89%

Postby kramersson » November 11th, 2017, 6:46 pm

the 2-3 movies per disc blu ray was the stupid collection that was released in the States with billy the puppet on the cover.

the one you are talking about with 7 discs is probably the Dutch or UK version that had horrible transfers. and anything that is not US-released is really non-canon...
kramersson
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
44%

The Topic Starter

Postby VaCcAr0 » November 17th, 2017, 6:21 am

manyofhorror wrote:but if it is it may prompt me to move over to the bluray crowd lol

At this point you might as well jump to the 4K crowd
My Favorite totheark Videos.

Space Time Express: Jupiter, Aliens, Comets

Those who do not appreciate VaCcAr0 do not deserve VaCcAr0

VaCcAr0
Board Leader
Board Leader

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Mood: OK

Postby kramersson » November 17th, 2017, 9:27 am

ya i know, 4k 4k 4k, but i actually don't care what format they come out with as long as it is a genuine full collection with all the movies and new interviews looking at the franchise and talking about it.

even better, they should do something like Crystal Lake Memories: The Complete History of Friday the 13th or Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy. those are amongst the best documentaries out there for movie franchises and i would be willing to spend 8 hours watching everything related to saw again and again.
kramersson
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
44%

The Topic Starter

Postby manyofhorror » November 17th, 2017, 11:02 am

VaCcAr0 wrote:
manyofhorror wrote:but if it is it may prompt me to move over to the bluray crowd lol

At this point you might as well jump to the 4K crowd

As tempting as 4K is its requiring a whole new tv and most of the shit I like hasnt reached there yet, maybe one day..
manyofhorror
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
89%

Postby Logan_Nelson » November 17th, 2017, 3:08 pm

I second that, I enjoy Blu-Ray and my PS4/51" combo does a fine job of displaying HD content. 4K is unecessary to me. I don't need to see the lint on someone's jacket, the pores on everyone's noses, the badly covered hairline of a wig, or the hairs on someone's mole. I'm cool with 1080p

Saw in 4K would look really bad in my opinion.
Logan_Nelson
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
89%

Postby VaCcAr0 » November 17th, 2017, 8:01 pm

It's not so much the 4K resolution that will make it look better. Unless you're sitting up really close and have a huge screen size, it can be hard to tell the difference between 4K and blu-ray in terms of resolution. The real game changer is the High Dynamic Range with Wide Color Gamut. A 10-Bit panel vs an 8-Bit panel makes quite a difference.
My Favorite totheark Videos.

Space Time Express: Jupiter, Aliens, Comets

Those who do not appreciate VaCcAr0 do not deserve VaCcAr0

VaCcAr0
Board Leader
Board Leader

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Mood: OK

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)