Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Amanda and Hoffman know about Logan!

Sequel or Prequel?

Amanda and Hoffman know about Logan!

Postby Themovieman » November 10th, 2017, 9:13 am

According to this tweet by Josh Stolberg, Amanda and Hoffman know about Logan

https://mobile.twitter.com/joshstolberg/status/928850253070995458?p=v
Themovieman
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
59%

1 year of membership

The Topic Starter

Re: Amanda and Hoffman know about Logan!

Postby LitmusG1 » November 10th, 2017, 10:05 am

Interesting!

Also re question 2, it looked in the film like we saw John building the RBT with Logan standing next to him. But he could have been fixing/resetting it some time after Amanda used it right? Not sure if that changes much as he was also in better health than in 2 onwards but it would give a bit more room in the timeline to play with. E.g Logan didn’t necessarily have to be involved prior to Amanda’s first trap.
LitmusG1
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
14%

Postby PacnyTuH0 » November 10th, 2017, 12:35 pm

LitmusG1 wrote:Interesting!

Also re question 2, it looked in the film like we saw John building the RBT with Logan standing next to him. But he could have been fixing/resetting it some time after Amanda used it right? Not sure if that changes much as he was also in better health than in 2 onwards but it would give a bit more room in the timeline to play with. E.g Logan didn’t necessarily have to be involved prior to Amanda’s first trap.

The RBT was seized by the police as we see in Saw 3D. So the one we see in Jigsaw is before Amanda's trap or it's a different RBT.
PacnyTuH0
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
23%

Postby Logan_Nelson » November 11th, 2017, 1:34 am

WHAT?! This is terrible news for me. That completely ruins the continuity of the movies and makes the characters look really, really stupid for never having mentioned Logan once.

This sucks.
Logan_Nelson
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
83%

Postby kramersson » November 11th, 2017, 4:15 am

while i do appreciate the fact that Josh is connecting with fans and being interactive, he's talking as if he now owns the franchise/storyline...he was only there for 1 film so how can he make such claims...
kramersson
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
42%

Postby LukeG » November 11th, 2017, 7:36 am

Thats what im thinking. Seems like hes just answering with caution to the wind
You think it's the living who have ultimate judgment over you, because the dead will have no claim over your soul. But you may be mistaken
LukeG
Victim

Rank experience:
15%

Postby Logan_Nelson » November 11th, 2017, 3:41 pm

But why is he just answering questions on twitter as if he's re-writing the original movies?

I love Saw, more than a regular fan probably should, and there are very few things that would make me walk away from these movies. This is one of them. If Amanda and Hoffman knew about Logan and he knew about them I am done with Saw, and I mean that. Working out all that continuity and careful execution of dialogue and glances, facial expressions...all for nothing because they said so. Nope.
Logan_Nelson
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
83%

Postby thatswest » November 11th, 2017, 7:03 pm

Well to play devils advocate, originally Saw was supposed to end after 3, so Hoffman never was originally intended to be an apprentice, same with Gordon.

I can accept that Logan knew Hoffman and Amanda, as long as they explain it in a Flashback in the next film.
thatswest
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
5%

Postby IKnowWhoYouAre » November 12th, 2017, 3:03 am

It would totally cheapen Hoffman's story after Jigsaw and Amandas deaths when he received the 2nd 'I know who you are' note, he surely would've considered it was Logan who wrote it.
IKnowWhoYouAre
Regular Freak

Rank experience:
82.2%

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Postby RealmOfLutherNiles » November 12th, 2017, 1:37 pm

kramersson wrote:while i do appreciate the fact that Josh is connecting with fans and being interactive, he's talking as if he now owns the franchise/storyline...he was only there for 1 film so how can he make such claims...

What's the problem with that? The writers of Saw IV-VII did exactly the same, which resulted in some great stories and characters.
"Ten faded places, that will fall prey to evil..."- The Whisperer
RealmOfLutherNiles
Fix me!

Rank experience:
16.5%

1 year of membership

Next

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)