Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Amanda and Hoffman know about Logan!

Sequel or Prequel?

Re: Amanda and Hoffman know about Logan!

Postby Faerie Tanith » December 6th, 2018, 7:06 pm

I'd only want them to do that for the extra Costas and Shawnee content, but realistically it wouldn't work because they've both aged a fair bit. You can't pass off brand new content of them at the ages they are now as 'flashbacks'.
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson, Danny Glover

Real Life Amanda Young
Faerie Tanith

1 year of membership

Mood: Annoyed

Postby nineroses » December 6th, 2018, 9:20 pm

that's my worry about the rumours of a Jigsaw prequel - the ages. Tobin isn't exactly aging backwards, but it's also the story I want to see the most :/ So maybe not a flashback exactly, but an inter-quel kind of thing?
nineroses
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
19%

Postby ToBENbell » December 7th, 2018, 12:08 am

I think we all safely say Tobin is the best thing about the Saw films, he’s barely in Saw 1 which baffles me a bit as this seems to most people’s favourite of them all! A prequel containing a shit ton of Tobin would be awesome! Delve more into the crash he had, see scenes of him designing traps etc... I would love to see a twist at the end somehow explaining how John knows what people have done to deserve the situations he puts them in, does he people watch and ease drop, does he have someone with inside knowledge? Maybe we will finally find out!
ToBENbell
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
48%

1 year of membership

Postby nineroses » December 7th, 2018, 3:14 am

exactly! there's still a lot of un-tapped potential with John and all the original players , but it would be walking a very thin line between being awesome, or being down right terrible. I would personally love a closer look at Hoffman/Amanda's involvement in the early days (as long as Jill isn't involved..)
nineroses
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
19%

Postby ColeSmith777 » December 15th, 2018, 8:37 am

Saw Warrior wrote:It's funny that Josh can't confirm if Saw 9 is happening, but then he comes and says Amanda and Hoffman both knew Logan.

This is a huge detail that I would have liked to see by myself in Saw 9. Not that I'm complaining about spoilers, but it seems he already has a story developed to get a go.

Jigsaw II or Saw 9 or whatever it's gonna be called...Well, the next movie will have to travel back to the entire Saw universe in order to explain what Logan did during the first 7 movies and/or where he was during all that time.

It's probably going to be something similar to Saw 5, which spent a lot of time retelling events from previous movies, to the point of using stock footage to tell us that what we thought it had happened, actualy happened with new events around it...

Remember Paul from Saw 1? Yeah, in Saw 5 we did learn that Hoffman helped Jigsaw with Paul and his trap

Remember Dr Gordon's pen from Saw 1? Yeah, it's revealed that Jigsaw asked Hoffman to put that pen to be found by the cops during a crime scene ( So we can assume Mark's trap was so batshit crazy because maybe it was Hoffman who did it, and not Jigsaw )

In Saw 2, it's revealed that Obi helped Jigsaw to get the other victims to play the house game. It's revealed that Amanda was helping Jigsaw. In Saw 5, it's revealed that Hoffman helped Jigsaw with that game

The secret door in Saw 3 ( that it wasn't a secret passage until Saw 5 ) was hilarious. At first we had to assume Amanda never knew about Hoffman ( which is why he used the secret passage to leave before she got Lynn to play the events in Saw 3 ). Then Saw 6 quite denies that, revealing that both Amanda and Hoffman knew each other and hated each other.

Point is, Saw 5 was a filler movie that literally had to stop its tiny plot in order to put Hoffman in all the past events and explain how he was involved.

Logan is now at the same point. We know he worked with Jigsaw even before the events of the first movie.

Ugh, say what you will about Saw V but it is one of my favourites because it manages go to back and revisit these moments from previous films. This is when the Saw extended its complexity past any other series, and it's the reason it's still one of my favourites.
These politicians, they say the same thing over and over and over again; "Healthcare decisions should be made by doctors and their patients, not by the government." Well, now I know they're not made by doctors and their patients or by the government. They're made by the insurance companies.
ColeSmith777
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
63%

2 years of membership2 years of membership

Previous

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)