Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Amanda and Hoffman know about Logan!

Sequel or Prequel?

Re: Amanda and Hoffman know about Logan!

Postby Logan_Nelson » November 12th, 2017, 3:40 pm

Because that actually resulted in a good story. It's easier to do when you have fewer movies and therefor less plot to screw up.

This just renders everyone, including Jigsaw, completely stupid for having never mentioned him. If Logan was known, Hoffman would have been looking out for him, Amanda and Hoffman would have discussed him with John. This ruins all of that. Just gliding right over all that subtle character development and well planned dialogue just to go "actually they're all dumb and never talk about him".

I'm waiting for him to retract that statement before I continue with the franchise. If that's a part of Jigsaw II I just won't see it.
Logan_Nelson
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
89%

Postby DetectiveChan » November 12th, 2017, 5:31 pm

If this is the case then maybe it will play out like Logan left for a while before Amanda’s trap so John recruited her and then Hoffman. John could have told them about Logan and then later on he decides to come back. Then his wife is killed so it sets everything into motion
DetectiveChan
Victim

Rank experience:
10%

Mood: Confident

Postby Saw Warrior » November 12th, 2017, 5:55 pm

I guess both Amanda and Hoffman knew Logan, but not as another apprentice, but just a victim.

For all we know, Gordon was just a victim and Hoffman never knew he was working behind the scenes with Jigsaw. Besides, Logan was married, so he probably went on to live with his family.

It's only after Logan's wife died, that Logan put his plan into motion. There'sno need to mention Logan is previous movies. Only Jigsaw knew him as more than a victim. Hoffman and Amanda just thought the guy was tested and survived, and that's it.
Saw Warrior
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
25.5%

Postby Saw Warrior » November 12th, 2017, 5:57 pm

Logan_Nelson wrote: I'm waiting for him to retract that statement before I continue with the franchise. If that's a part of Jigsaw II I just won't see it.

That's a bold statement. I wonder how many hours of sleep will the writer lose because of ya...
Saw Warrior
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
25.5%

Postby saw_gameover » November 12th, 2017, 7:11 pm

This is a really stupid thing to come out and say.

Edit: Well this just about sums it up. Dude isn't even a writer at heart.

https://mobile.twitter.com/joshstolberg/status/929603275711639553
saw_gameover
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
7%

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Postby Logan_Nelson » November 12th, 2017, 8:24 pm

Saw Warrior wrote:
Logan_Nelson wrote: I'm waiting for him to retract that statement before I continue with the franchise. If that's a part of Jigsaw II I just won't see it.

That's a bold statement. I wonder how many hours of sleep will the writer lose because of ya...

Bold for an opinion maybe. Why would I ever expect him to come here, find this thread amongst all the other ones that are basically just run on sentences turned into threads, and then find my comment, read it, and lose sleep over it. Obviously that will never happen, I'm just stating my opinion, which is that as a fan of Saw, I have boundaries that govern my enjoyment of the movies. If those boundaries are crossed then I choose to distance myself from the franchise. For example, if they decide to make Jar Jar the Sith Lord in Star Wars, some people will think it's just too stupid and stop watching/lose interest. I feel that way with Saw regarding Logan's involvement, if it's not executed or conveyed properly.
Last edited by Logan_Nelson on November 12th, 2017, 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Logan_Nelson
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
89%

Postby thatswest » November 12th, 2017, 9:04 pm

Amanda never mentioned Hoffman in Saw III
thatswest
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
5%

Postby Logan_Nelson » November 12th, 2017, 9:11 pm

@manyofhorror presented a polite and convincing proposal that I am incorrect in assuming the continuity will be broken by Amanda and Hoffman knowing about Logan, and frankly he's right.

It is I who retracts his statement. I could simply edit out my genuine reaction to the news but it's a good learning experience for myself and others not to jump to conclusions.

There are indeed ways that John could have told Amanda and Hoffman about Logan without it being overly far fetched or degenerative to the narrative of the original movies, and I see that now. I'm just glad some people here have the patience and passion to help a memeber like me see that.
Logan_Nelson
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
89%

Postby IKnowWhoYouAre » November 13th, 2017, 3:38 am

In a way ive always seen Hoffman and Amanda as 'means to an end' for John, in that, he knew he was dying and didn't have the time (Or physical strength to kidnap people) to test everyone he wanted to so he used them. He was playing a long and complex game with Amanda and in particular Hoffman, I think John knew early on that neither Hoffman or Amanda would truly understand his ideology and be worthy of carrying on his legacy. Hoffman was blackmailed and essentially was going along with things so he wouldn't be exposed and ended up growing taste for the control and violence (do you like how brutality feels Mark?) and Amanda mercy killed Adam and assumed she had killed Matthews. John also needed Hoffman so he would have acsess to police files on potential victims and someone on the inside to keep tabs on the autborities investigation. Perhaps Logan is the only one who John felt truly understood him.
IKnowWhoYouAre
Regular Freak

Rank experience:
82.4%

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Postby manyofhorror » November 13th, 2017, 12:59 pm

Logan_Nelson wrote:@manyofhorror presented a polite and convincing proposal that I am incorrect in assuming the continuity will be broken by Amanda and Hoffman knowing about Logan, and frankly he's right.

It is I who retracts his statement. I could simply edit out my genuine reaction to the news but it's a good learning experience for myself and others not to jump to conclusions.

There are indeed ways that John could have told Amanda and Hoffman about Logan without it being overly far fetched or degenerative to the narrative of the original movies, and I see that now. I'm just glad some people here have the patience and passion to help a memeber like me see that.

Thank you for taking my point on board!
manyofhorror
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
90%

PreviousNext

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)