Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Amanda and Hoffman know about Logan!

Sequel or Prequel?

Re: Amanda and Hoffman know about Logan!

Postby PacnyTuH0 » November 13th, 2017, 4:06 pm

I don't understand how you guys think Logan is any different than Hoffman. He is a killer and nothing more. Presumably kills Edgar and kills Halloran. He is just using the traps as a decoy in order to fulfill his intentions. Nothing more. This makes his character and movie even more stupid for me. If you think about it, the whole movie is about a cop killing another cop - nothing to do with Saw whatsoever.
User avatar
PacnyTuH0
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
23%
 
Posts: 23
Points: 96.00
Gender: None specified

Re: Amanda and Hoffman know about Logan!

Postby thatswest » November 13th, 2017, 8:05 pm

Cops have always been a part of this franchise, plus didn't Saw IV end with Hoffman (Who is a cop) killing two other cops?
User avatar
thatswest
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
5%
 
Posts: 5
Points: 60.00
Location: england
Gender: Male

Re: Amanda and Hoffman know about Logan!

Postby PacnyTuH0 » November 13th, 2017, 8:40 pm

thatswest wrote:Cops have always been a part of this franchise, plus didn't Saw IV end with Hoffman (Who is a cop) killing two other cops?


You clearly missed my point. Hoffman did not kill them, but rather Rigg failed his test. Hoffman started killing (without tests) afterwards cuz he had to survive - this is clearly different from Logan's intentions.

Regarding Jigsaw, what you're saying is it's ok to see cops killing each other in every Saw movie, and that being the main plot? This is what I understand from your post. Is that what you really wanna see in a Saw film?
User avatar
PacnyTuH0
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
23%
 
Posts: 23
Points: 96.00
Gender: None specified

Re: Amanda and Hoffman know about Logan!

Postby Saw Warrior » November 13th, 2017, 10:00 pm

Huh? Am I missing anything here?

Logan isn't a cop, he's a pathologist. He also didn't kill a cop, he killed a detective. The detective failed his test and tried to cheat by pressing Logan's button instead of his own.

Cheating a game is entirely against the rules, and it's punished with death. Hell, this is Jigsaw's rule by the way.
User avatar
Saw Warrior
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
25.5%
 
Posts: 351
Points: 795.00
Gender: None specified

Re: Amanda and Hoffman know about Logan!

Postby kramersson » November 14th, 2017, 4:33 am

honestly on the topic of cops/detectives, i really think this standard storyline of cat-and-mouse chase need to stop. the reason why saw vi was so good was because it had very little of that; but they had to do that again with saw vii. this formula is way too standard now. like i said in my other posts, the next film should be about jigsaw vs jigsaw (i.e. ppl who are passionate about testing ppl's will to live, but are not considered apprentices, but logan wants to get rid of those ppl and be the true jigsaw, and they basically lure each other into their own traps at the same time, etc)
User avatar
kramersson
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
46%
 
Posts: 46
Points: 152.00
Gender: None specified

Re: Amanda and Hoffman know about Logan!

Postby Logan_Nelson » November 14th, 2017, 11:57 pm

I hope/think it will be about Logan discovering he can't be a lone wolf about being Jigsaw.
User avatar
Logan_Nelson
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
89%
 
Posts: 89
Points: 228.00
Gender: None specified

Re: Amanda and Hoffman know about Logan!

Postby Faerie Tanith » November 16th, 2017, 8:41 pm

...But that makes no sense. If Hoffman had known about Logan, he'd probably have factored him in when he set everyone else's death in motion. The whole point of Lawrence was that he was a secret trump card John could play if Hoffman went rogue, knowing full well that Hoffman was none the wiser about Lawrence. Why would he leave Logan to his own devices?
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson

Real Life Amanda Young
User avatar
Faerie Tanith
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
10%
 
Posts: 320
Points: 525.00
Gender: Female
Mood: Invisible

Re: Amanda and Hoffman know about Logan!

Postby Vinc360 » November 16th, 2017, 9:49 pm

This is the danger of introducing so many retcons, you end up accidentally undermining what came before. Having to do it is a tough position to be in... and since they killed off their greatest asset in Tobin Bell, they've been having to do it so they can keep finding reasons to bring him back.

I personally would like the series to move away from OG Jigsaw, as painful as that is. The way the series will survive is if it can renew itself and essentially create another character that can live up to John Kramer with his own assets. It's easier said than done though, and will require a fair bit of luck... but I do think that's what needs to be done.
User avatar
Vinc360
Victim

Rank experience:
92.5%
 
Posts: 285
Points: 632.00
Gender: None specified

Re: Amanda and Hoffman know about Logan!

Postby Logan_Nelson » November 17th, 2017, 3:56 pm

Faerie Tanith wrote:...But that makes no sense. If Hoffman had known about Logan, he'd probably have factored him in when he set everyone else's death in motion. The whole point of Lawrence was that he was a secret trump card John could play if Hoffman went rogue, knowing full well that Hoffman was none the wiser about Lawrence. Why would he leave Logan to his own devices?


This is the problem I'm currently having with the story. It's going to take a very specific, very smart, very convincing explanation to pull that off.

I'm skeptical, but not doubtful.

If John told Amanda and Hoffman about Logan but revered him by saying something like "Logan learned to appreciate life. He has a wife now, a family. He knows the meaning of life and he understands the suffering of others. He's the only one who achieved enlightenment." Then I can understand if Hoffman assumed that this guy has a family and therefore is not a threat. Hoffman only did what he did because he had no family left, same with Amanda.

If they play it off like that, or something similarly believable then it could work. But if Logan, Amand and Hoffman are in the same room in a Jigsaw II flashback I'd probably walk right out of the theatre.
User avatar
Logan_Nelson
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
89%
 
Posts: 89
Points: 228.00
Gender: None specified

Re: Amanda and Hoffman know about Logan!

Postby Faerie Tanith » November 17th, 2017, 7:12 pm

Logan_Nelson wrote:This is the problem I'm currently having with the story. It's going to take a very specific, very smart, very convincing explanation to pull that off.

I'm skeptical, but not doubtful.

If John told Amanda and Hoffman about Logan but revered him by saying something like "Logan learned to appreciate life. He has a wife now, a family. He knows the meaning of life and he understands the suffering of others. He's the only one who achieved enlightenment." Then I can understand if Hoffman assumed that this guy has a family and therefore is not a threat. Hoffman only did what he did because he had no family left, same with Amanda.

If they play it off like that, or something similarly believable then it could work. But if Logan, Amand and Hoffman are in the same room in a Jigsaw II flashback I'd probably walk right out of the theatre.


Oh, don't tempt fate. I don't think I could handle if it we got a scene like that. Too many retcons.
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson

Real Life Amanda Young
User avatar
Faerie Tanith
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
10%
 
Posts: 320
Points: 525.00
Gender: Female
Mood: Invisible

Previous

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jigsam, Sinwhale and 11 guests