Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Forbes article 'How to keep Saw alive'

Sequel or Prequel?

Forbes article 'How to keep Saw alive'

Postby manyofhorror » November 13th, 2017, 2:06 pm

Forbes seem to be writing a lot of Saw pieces lately lol.

The writer doesnt state anything that hasnt been said on the forums recently, and thanks to sawguy we know a sequel is happening regardless, but this guy seems to understand what the fans want from a Saw sequel.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmende ... 2626162ab9
manyofhorror
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
89%

The Topic Starter

Re: Forbes article 'How to keep Saw alive'

Postby kramersson » November 13th, 2017, 3:15 pm

nice find, this was a good article to read to talk about the future of Saw rather than just dwell on the negatives of Jigsaw. I think we pretty much touched base on everything he said in that article though...
kramersson
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
44%

Postby LukeG » November 13th, 2017, 9:37 pm

Very fare article. And I agree 100%
You think it's the living who have ultimate judgment over you, because the dead will have no claim over your soul. But you may be mistaken
LukeG
Victim

Rank experience:
16%

Postby LitmusG1 » November 14th, 2017, 12:02 am

Thanks for this, good article!

I just got back from watching it a second time, I enjoyed it again, probably more so this time given my adjusted expectations.

I think there are enough seemingly deliberate loose ends in there for them to be able to link the next one with the first 7 quite nicely. I won’t go into that here but the saw in Eleanor’s studio is a great example, as others have said.

Bring on the next one please!!
LitmusG1
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
14%

Postby ToBENbell » November 14th, 2017, 8:29 pm

Wait when did sawguy confirm a second film? Best news I've heard since hearing about jigsaw!
ToBENbell
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
22%

Postby manyofhorror » November 14th, 2017, 9:29 pm

ToBENbell wrote:Wait when did sawguy confirm a second film? Best news I've heard since hearing about jigsaw!

I dont want to talk as if Im him, but in the box office update thread he said "I already said a sequel is guarenteed.." and something on a thread a few pages back.

Man, nothings gonna get the same feeling as seeing that bloodydisgusting post saying Saw 8 is coming October 2017, how time flies!
manyofhorror
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
89%

The Topic Starter

Postby kramersson » November 15th, 2017, 5:54 am

ya sawguy77 mentioned multiple times that a sequel will happen. so lets just put some faith in the new one. we always did, even though each time we were disappointed lol

i guess that's what a true fan is all about right?
kramersson
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
44%

Postby Logan_Nelson » November 15th, 2017, 6:13 am

Saw VII was the only film to have a good buildup only to be a colossal letdown for me. The rest always answered every single question we could think of within reason, and leave a badass cliffhanger.

As soon as Saw VII was announced as Saw 3D, watching the promotional material release and then the actual movie was disenchanting at best. To me, Jigsaw was better than Saw VII in terms of the way the story was led, but I wouldn't say I've been disappointed so far. I will be if they don't address Gordon, Hoffman's fate, and a couple other of things. It's just nice to know we have a confirmed sequel from someone who worked on the latest instalment.
Logan_Nelson
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
89%

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)