Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Recreated Bladewall victim

Sequel or Prequel?

Recreated Bladewall victim

Postby LukeG » November 15th, 2017, 11:14 am

When they did the autopsy for the Bladewall victim they had to laser his bucket off. So how did half his face get sawed off? Was it a design of the bucket? Did he get his head cut then Logan strapped the bucket back on? Or am I reading too much into it?
You think it's the living who have ultimate judgment over you, because the dead will have no claim over your soul. But you may be mistaken
LukeG
Victim

Rank experience:
21.5%

The Topic Starter

Re: Recreated Bladewall victim

Postby kramersson » November 15th, 2017, 11:41 am

my theory would be the guy was dead in the beginning already and logan sawed off his face before putting on the bucket. then when the (new) game started, obviously the dead guy didnt move and hence went straight into the bladewall like how logan almost did by being unconscious in the beginning. logan sawing off his face was to hide his identity and trick the audience
kramersson
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
49%

Postby LukeG » November 15th, 2017, 11:46 am

So he recreated the game with a dead guy?
I understand it was meant to fool audiences BC u assume its the guy that woke up late.

Maybe in the new game nobody even had buckets. And he did put it on later
You think it's the living who have ultimate judgment over you, because the dead will have no claim over your soul. But you may be mistaken
LukeG
Victim

Rank experience:
21.5%

The Topic Starter

Postby kramersson » November 15th, 2017, 11:53 am

ya i cant see logan as a good guy actually
he must have a lot of hatred in him

and btw, can i mention again that i really hated his monotone voice at the end? it turned me off big time for the finale
kramersson
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
49%

Postby LitmusG1 » November 15th, 2017, 9:54 pm

I was about to say maybe they didn’t have buckets in the new game. But either way, shouldn’t the blades stop as soon as blood is drawn? Logan cut his back by leaning on them for a few seconds, but cutting your face off like that? Doesn’t really add up with or without a bucket. Even if it was rigged to stay on, the other blades should have cut his body in that case.

But again things like this are potential things they could explain in future if needed, and not necessarily in the next film!
LitmusG1
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
18%

Postby Jigsaw_Expert » November 18th, 2017, 5:45 pm

There were definitely buckets in Logan's game, in the flashback sequence you can see him securing the buckets to the look-a-likes. The guy's head is fully intact when Logan puts the bucket on. There is a blade on the doors intended to decapitate them through the slit in the bucket, but what doesn't make sense is the slits are at eye level, not mouth level. I don't think there's anything to this other than a production error, they wanted a cool visual (decapitation at the mouth) but it doesn't match to the blade / slit in the bucket. Another error is the fact the corpse has no cuts across the body, the only injury is the decapitation.

I think the first trap would be lethal if the victim held back for as long as possible, then they'd get skewered on the blades. The look-a-likes just happened to die the same way the original players were supposed to, for no reason other than to trick the audience with absurd coincidences. Blondy just happened to choose the acid syringe (which also just happened to be injected into her neck), the first guy just happened to die in the easiest trap in the entire series.

They could explain this in the sequel, maybe Logan overdosed buckethead like John overdosed him, maybe he tricked blondy and made what was obviously the correct syringe the acid one which would mean even more flashbacks, flashbacks, flashbacks! I'm sure a lot of people are fine with that, at this point, it's routine with this series but I've been hoping this new series would stray away from that. Making 50% of the sequels flashbacks to clear up messes from prior movies like the original series isn't going to make for compelling cinema (IMO).
Jigsaw_Expert
Victim

Rank experience:
36.5%

Postby Logan_Nelson » November 18th, 2017, 8:20 pm

^ I like your point about Logan overdosing him. Unless it's explained in a sequel, I anticipate that Logan overdosed him but did not rescue him as John rescued him. Currently that makes sense given how he plays his games.
Logan_Nelson
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
95%

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)