Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

The Spierig Brothers

Sequel or Prequel?

Re: The Spierig Brothers

Postby Logan_Nelson » November 17th, 2017, 3:46 pm

Vinc360 wrote:Bring Kevin Greutert back!

Yes. Please. PLEASE.
Logan_Nelson
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
96%

Postby Piggylover » January 14th, 2018, 11:07 pm

I remember right before Saw 7 started filming Lionsgate replaced David Hackl who was going to be directing with Kevin Greutart. Kevin Greutert, along with writers Marcus Dunstan and Patrick Melton, attempted a comprehensive rewrite of the script a week before filming.

I wonder if the original Saw 7 script before the rewrite when Hackl was supposed to direct would have been better than what we got. I wonder if it possible to find a copy of the original script. I actually like Saw 5 a lot and I think Hackl would have made a better Saw 7. For one he was excited about and wanted to direct Saw 7 unlike Greutert who was pissed that he had to give up directing Paranormal Activity 2 to direct Saw 7. When you don't want to do something you don't do as good a job as if you actually wanted to do something. That with the script rewrites in such a short period of time it is no wonder Saw 7 is so widely not liked.
"Once you're in Hell, only the Devil can help you out."
Piggylover
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
19%

Mood: Dead

Postby Faerie Tanith » January 15th, 2018, 2:55 am

Oh wow, I actually didn't know that. That explains a fair amount.
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson

Real Life Amanda Young
Faerie Tanith
Regular Freak

Rank experience:
86.6%

Mood: Left Out

Previous

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)