Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Unanswered Question from the EARLIER movies

Sequel or Prequel?

Unanswered Question from the EARLIER movies

Postby efrens9177@gmail.com » November 16th, 2017, 10:41 pm

I think there are some potential obscure questions that haven't been answered in the earlier SAW movies. Maybe one of you guys have the answers or the directors of the next sequel can use these questions/ideas to tie everything together. If someone knows the answer, PLEASE SHARE!
Aside from the obvious unanswered questions...

SAW 1:
1) Who is the man tied up in Jigsaw's layer when detectives Sing and Tap arrive? Why is he there? Jigsaw called him "Jeff". I'm sure Jigsaw would want to recapture him after the detectives saved him.
2) In the next sequel, it would be nice to know why Dr. Gordon didn't come back for Adam. I felt they got really close towards the end.
SAW 2:
3)Right before Obbi's trap (the furnace), there was a corpse with a blade stuck to her chest? What was the meaning of this? Who is she?
4)How did the authorities learn that Amanda was an accomplice before Saw 3?
In Saw 4, Straum mentions her as an accomplice during the discovery of Kerry's dead body.
5)After Amanda and Detective Mathews have their fight, who saved Mathews? There was a flashback in SAW 4 of a hooded figure dragging him to a room. I'm assuming Hoffman but it was never verified.
SAW 3:
6)When Jigsaw asked Amanda to go to his desk and read an envelope with her name on it, right before Dr. Denlon was going to operate on him, what was she suppose to read? I know Hoffman's note was in there but what did Jigsaw want her to see?
efrens9177@gmail.com
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
13%

The Topic Starter

Re: Unanswered Question from the EARLIER movies

Postby Faerie Tanith » November 16th, 2017, 10:49 pm

1) Jeff supposedly killed himself shortly after the ordeal due to trauma.
2) Brainwashed?
3) It was a doll.
4) Plot hole. Strahm couldn't have known at that point because the Saw IV timeline is the same as III.
5) Hoffman, yes.
6) We never found out.
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson

Real Life Amanda Young
Faerie Tanith
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
46%

Mood: Invisible

Postby kramersson » November 17th, 2017, 5:21 am

1) if u consider the Saw games as canon, then Jeff failed an attempt of suicide and caused Jigsaw to put him in a trap. he attempted suicide again and put in a trap again but lived after tapp got him out. he then killed himself (yet again). i feel this character is done.
2) after gordon was saved by jigsaw, it is likely that gordon was in bed for a while before he was recovered and finally changed his mind to become an apprentice. during this time, he may have learned that Amanda already killed Adam.
3) i always thought it was a HE but yeah it's just a mannequin
4) remember that Saw III happened at least 6 months after Saw II, during this time, Strahm was actively pursuing Jigsaw and it can be assumed that Hoffman may have tipped them off with the idea that she is an apprentice. this is mainly to cover his own tracks and put all the blame to amanda. thats why when Strahm came in on Saw IV he already had a ton of information.
5) hoffman because Rigg's test was likely his idea to begin with.
6) it was never revealed but my guess is that jigsaw wanted amanda to learn about hoffman and prepare her for him in case she passed jigsaw's final test. in a way, jigsaw treated amanda like a daughter and wanted to give her one more chance to become his true apprentice. something like that.
kramersson
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
48%

Postby efrens9177@gmail.com » November 17th, 2017, 8:57 pm

How do you guys know the answer to #1?
Director commentaries?
efrens9177@gmail.com
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
13%

The Topic Starter

Postby Faerie Tanith » November 17th, 2017, 9:05 pm

efrens9177@gmail.com wrote:How do you guys know the answer to #1?
Director commentaries?

Jeff Ridenhour

Portrayed by Ned Bellamy (film) and Dex Manley (game)
Appears in: Saw, Saw: The Video Game, Saw II: Flesh & Blood
Jeff first appears in Saw as a victim of one of Jigsaw's experimental traps. He is bound to a chair with two drills aimed at his neck. Jigsaw activates the trap, and the drills slowly move towards Jeff's neck. Jigsaw tells Detective Steven Sing that the key to free him is on a ring with dozens of others. Without enough time to try all the keys, Sing shoots the drills to stop them.

He later appears in Saw: The Video Game. Jeff is shown to have become suicidal due to trauma. As such, Jigsaw kidnaps Jeff once again and places him in a trap that would impale him with spikes. Detective Tapp manages to free him, but an injured Jeff runs away and leaves Tapp behind. During the events of Saw II: Flesh & Blood, it is revealed that two days after Jeff escaped from the asylum, he committed suicide.

[x]
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson

Real Life Amanda Young
Faerie Tanith
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
46%

Postby JoeyFilms » November 17th, 2017, 9:33 pm

efrens9177@gmail.com wrote:4)How did the authorities learn that Amanda was an accomplice before Saw 3?
In Saw 4, Straum mentions her as an accomplice during the discovery of Kerry's dead body.

For this one I always assumed Daniel outed her as "in on it". Something must have happened with him and Amanda to get him from the bathroom to the safe and a few days could have passed where he was Jigsaw's and Amanda's hostage.
JoeyFilms
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
51%

Postby efrens9177@gmail.com » November 17th, 2017, 9:41 pm

[quote]Portrayed by Ned Bellamy (film) and Dex Manley (game)
Appears in: Saw, Saw: The Video Game, Saw II: Flesh & Blood
Jeff first appears in Saw as a victim of one of Jigsaw's experimental traps. He is bound to a chair with two drills aimed at his neck. Jigsaw activates the trap, and the drills slowly move towards Jeff's neck. Jigsaw tells Detective Steven Sing that the key to free him is on a ring with dozens of others. Without enough time to try all the keys, Sing shoots the drills to stop them.

He later appears in Saw: The Video Game. Jeff is shown to have become suicidal due to trauma. As such, Jigsaw kidnaps Jeff once again and places him in a trap that would impale him with spikes. Detective Tapp manages to free him, but an injured Jeff runs away and leaves Tapp behind. During the events of Saw II: Flesh & Blood, it is revealed that two days after Jeff escaped from the asylum, he committed suicide.

[x]/quote]

I'm not sure the video game is the most accurate source...
efrens9177@gmail.com
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
13%

The Topic Starter

Postby Faerie Tanith » November 17th, 2017, 10:09 pm

Maybe not, but it's the only 'canon' explanation of Jeff's fate that I know of.

Real Life Amanda Young
Faerie Tanith
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
46%

Postby LukeG » November 17th, 2017, 11:24 pm

JoeyFilms wrote:
efrens9177@gmail.com wrote:4)How did the authorities learn that Amanda was an accomplice before Saw 3?

For this one I always assumed Daniel outed her as "in on it". Something must have happened with him and Amanda to get him from the bathroom to the safe and a few days could have passed where he was Jigsaw's and Amanda's hostage.

That makes so much sense
You think it's the living who have ultimate judgment over you, because the dead will have no claim over your soul. But you may be mistaken
LukeG
Victim

Rank experience:
21%

Postby Logan_Nelson » November 18th, 2017, 2:33 pm

In regards to Saw III-IV taking place at the same time, it technically doesn't at first. Saw III shows Jeff Denlon's test, along with Lynn, Amanda and Jigsaw. The game only takes an hour or so, with Amanda saying "he's almost done his game" and Jigsaw replying "faster than I expected". So Saw III is actually very short. Saw IV starts hours before Saw III and they quickly gloss over the timeline because it's the big reveal at the end.

Saw II and Saw III are months apart, hence why people mention Detective Matthews' disappearance. The SWAT team discovers Daniel, Matthews is abducted, escapes, fights Amanda, loses, is kidnapped by Hoffman and kept alive for months before Saw III - IV take place.

Since Saw II's main events take place before Matthew's finds the bathroom, it's possible that John himself knocked out Daniel. Daniel didn't know Amanda before any of this, so during his statement he'd probably describe Amanda as a "Short woman with medium length black hair. She wore scrubs and said she's played Jigsaw's game before". The cops would then assume it was Amanda but not knowing for sure, they'd set out to see who this mysterious accomplice was. Then Kerry gets killed by her, SWAT moves in, and Strahm/Perez show up. The FBI now knows its extremely likely that Amanda Young is the accomplice, but they're also certain she's not the only one.
Logan_Nelson
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
95%

Next

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)