Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Does the Saw series take place in New Jersey?

Sequel or Prequel?

Does the Saw series take place in New Jersey?

Postby evanmav » November 20th, 2017, 6:02 am

I was thinking about this for the longest time....where does the series take place? I believe people thought possibly Detroit and then one time they were auctioning off props from the film and it was a NJ license plate, but that was hardly confirmation.

Then Jigsaw I feel like kinda confirms it because in the movie the game takes place on Jill's farm in Pennsylvania, but you can see during one of the scenes that the license plates are in the front of the car, Pennsylvania does not require license plates in the front, NJ and NY do. Plus in the flashback scene of Ryan I swear the license plate looks just like a NJ one.

Is there any confirmation of this, or am I just going crazy? I just think it would be cool if it took place in NJ cause I'm from there.
evanmav
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
71%

The Topic Starter

Re: Does the Saw series take place in New Jersey?

Postby LukeG » November 20th, 2017, 6:42 am

I always assumed the series took place north east. This movie pretty much confirmed it. But if like them to not specify. As it may just be a "gotham" or "metroilos" type city in America like in the DC movies
You think it's the living who have ultimate judgment over you, because the dead will have no claim over your soul. But you may be mistaken
LukeG
Victim

Rank experience:
21.5%

Postby saw in china » November 20th, 2017, 10:38 am

I heard that Keith said "Then Logan moved to Seatle"?
saw in china
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
43%

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Mood: Crazy

Postby Faerie Tanith » November 20th, 2017, 11:18 am

I always thought they kept it vague on purpose. Where's Springfield and all that.
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson

Real Life Amanda Young
Faerie Tanith
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
46%

Mood: Invisible

Postby Ghostface » December 1st, 2017, 10:58 pm

I always figured it to be Los Angeles, as Adam's ID on the website for the first Saw listed it as his residence. Screenshots of it might still exist somewhere.
Ghostface
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
33%

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)