Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

(spoilers) Was anyone else disappointed when...

Sequel or Prequel?

(spoilers) Was anyone else disappointed when...

Postby Faerie Tanith » November 21st, 2017, 1:43 pm

...Logan didn't deliver the iconic 'game over' at the end?
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson

Real Life Amanda Young
Faerie Tanith
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
46%

The Topic Starter
Mood: Invisible

Re: (spoilers) Was anyone else disappointed when...

Postby manyofhorror » November 21st, 2017, 2:52 pm

Faerie Tanith wrote:...Logan didn't deliver the iconic 'game over' at the end?

For me I think its a nice way of separating Jigsaw from the first 7 (which was obviously their intent hence no big throwbacks), but I cant see 'I speak for the dead' catching on like Game Over did. I expect Game Over to come back in the next movie and be twice as impactful because of its absence in this one.
manyofhorror
Victim

Rank experience:
2.5%

Postby Jigsaw_Expert » November 21st, 2017, 3:08 pm

I appreciated they didn't feel as if they needed to force a game over and honestly, I hope they never bother with a game over ever again. It was a cheesy tradition the original series formed a habit out of but I feel as if the desire to shoehorn in a game over every time basically railroads the movies to end in a very predictable way. Either
a) the protagonist dying / ending up in a bad spot, game over from the apprentice
b) the apprentice dying / ending up in a bad spot, game over from whoever one upped him (VI / VII, potentially Eleanor to Logan)
I was pleasantly surprised with the "I speak for the dead" line and I personally hope Stolberg doesn't feel as if he has to force a game over or door slam into the ending of the sequels. Just end them in a way that feels natural.
Jigsaw_Expert
Victim

Rank experience:
36.5%

Postby Faerie Tanith » November 21st, 2017, 4:26 pm

manyofhorror wrote:
Faerie Tanith wrote:...Logan didn't deliver the iconic 'game over' at the end?

For me I think its a nice way of separating Jigsaw from the first 7 (which was obviously their intent hence no big throwbacks), but I cant see 'I speak for the dead' catching on like Game Over did. I expect Game Over to come back in the next movie and be twice as impactful because of its absence in this one.

I hope that's the case. It might be corny but I miss it.
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson

Real Life Amanda Young
Faerie Tanith
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
46%

The Topic Starter

Postby Tais Hoffman » December 3rd, 2017, 11:46 am

In my point of view, Logan said "I speak for the dead" instead of "Game Over" because he wasn't actually playing a game with Halloran. I mean, it wasn't a game actually. He wanted to punish Halloran and used the Laser Trap to do it. That's why I wasn't (so) disapppointed. :P
"Fool me once, shame you; Fool me twice, shame on me"

Team Hoffman

Tais Hoffman
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
86%

Mood: Heart Broken

Postby manyofhorror » December 4th, 2017, 4:56 pm

Tais Hoffman wrote:In my point of view, Logan said "I speak for the dead" instead of "Game Over" because he wasn't actually playing a game with Halloran. I mean, it wasn't a game actually. He wanted to punish Halloran and used the Laser Trap to do it. That's why I wasn't (so) disapppointed. :P

Good point there. Then we dive into 'Halloran was never really tested' territory which is pretty blurry.
manyofhorror
Victim

Rank experience:
2.5%

Postby Faerie Tanith » December 6th, 2017, 3:30 pm

...This just made my head hurt.

Real Life Amanda Young
Faerie Tanith
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
46%

The Topic Starter

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)