Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

This is Dead Now

Sequel or Prequel?

This is Dead Now

Postby kramersson » November 24th, 2017, 6:04 am

it's been a fun ride, but there's only so much you can talk about regarding Jigsaw. it's been a month since it was released and i can sense that the craze is now over. to whoever is still here, give yourself a pat on your back. until the next film, bye...
kramersson
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
49%

The Topic Starter

Re: This is Dead Now

Postby LukeG » November 24th, 2017, 6:15 pm

Yeah at least until the DVD release is announced and comes out. Im sure sequel news will start circulating soon. Im still gonna research what I can each day
You think it's the living who have ultimate judgment over you, because the dead will have no claim over your soul. But you may be mistaken
LukeG
Victim

Rank experience:
21.5%

Postby Vinc360 » November 24th, 2017, 7:24 pm

I do wonder if we'll get a sequel anytime soon.
Vinc360
Victim

Rank experience:
97%

Postby saw_gameover » November 24th, 2017, 7:57 pm

Agreed.

Don't remember it dying down so quick with the previous instalments, guess there's not much to talk about.
saw_gameover
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
9%

4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership

Postby Vinc360 » November 24th, 2017, 10:05 pm

Regardless of how I personally feel about the movie or the people involved with it, I think there's a clear sense that this may not have been the optimal way to bring back the series, and that a completely original idea / full on reboot with the same concept might've made far more waves. I think it's clear this one needed to take large risks, something to shake the perception that these movies are repackaged, bad ideas served over and over with diminishing returns.

(and to be clear- I think the people who worked on it are delightful and talented, and while I do have issues with the movie, I still enjoyed it quite a bit)
Vinc360
Victim

Rank experience:
97%

Postby LitmusG1 » November 25th, 2017, 1:21 pm

Well we got more posts and topics out of Jigsaw than from 1-7 combined by the looks of it, so not a bad effort at all.

I’ll still keep checking in, and if nothing else I’ll be back in jan for the dvd release!
LitmusG1
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
18%

Postby Logan_Nelson » November 25th, 2017, 7:24 pm

I think it's dead only because we don't have much to discuss until we start nitpicking the Bly-Ray release. I agree with Vinc360 that they had to take some obvious risks and they simply didn't. They took a couple but not the kind or amount that would wow the hard-to-please audiences of today. People like us who enjoy the films and their depth don't need much to be hooked into watching even if we wish for more, but those who needed to be heavily convinced were not swayed by the movie because of the plot-rehash.

Personally I loved Jigsaw and I'm confident we will indeed get a sequel but what else is there to talk about? A couple people including myself made threads about potential arcs and storylines but unless the writers and directors start coming here and reading what we write there's no real reason to continue as the story will unfold one way or another.

As soon as Jigsaw II is announced and principle photography takes place to give us some teaser shots I don't expect anything else to be expanded on.

Unless Costas/Shawnee start teasing their return. That would open a whole other can of whoop-ass on here.
Logan_Nelson
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
95%

Postby curious_guest » November 26th, 2017, 9:30 am

The only thing that's dead is this forum. Bunch of bitter people who are judging a good film based of what they wanted to see, vs what they got. Why argue with that?

This particular slice of the fanbase (and you are just a tiny slice) are acting like the newest film is cancer. I don't want to post here anymore. Game over.
curious_guest
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
21%

Postby Faerie Tanith » November 27th, 2017, 9:08 am

I'm in it until the original main cast gets weeded out entirely. As long as we've still got Tobin, I'm right here and alive.
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson

Real Life Amanda Young
Faerie Tanith
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
46%

Mood: Invisible

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)