Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

Who should direct Jigsaw 2 or JIIgsaw or Saw 9?

Sequel or Prequel?

Who should direct Jigsaw 2 or JIIgsaw or Saw 9?

Postby Saw Warrior » November 28th, 2017, 5:13 am

Any news about possible directors?

I would like to see The Spierig Brothers again, but someone said they'll be making another movie. Jigsaw is almost at 100 million worldwide. Let's hope they confirrm something soon.

Who could direct it? I'm curious about it.
Saw Warrior
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
28.5%

The Topic Starter

Re: Who should direct Jigsaw 2 or JIIgsaw or Saw 9?

Postby Vinc360 » November 28th, 2017, 5:26 am

I don't think we're getting a sequel next year. Not sure who would direct the next one. Maybe the Spierigs would come back, but I'm not sure about that either.

The future of the series is very unclear to me, I honestly think the most likely scenario is that the series goes dormant for a long time until they figure out something people will truly latch onto.
Vinc360
Victim

Rank experience:
97%

Postby Saw Warrior » November 28th, 2017, 3:14 pm

Didn't Sawguy say a sequel will happen? I think he said something like that.

I would like to see another movie next year. These movies are really cheap and don't take too long to get filmed. We got 7 Saw movies in 7 years, so perhaps it's still possible.

I guess they're expecting it to make at least 100 million worldwide. Movie had a ton of competition this year, like Thor, Justice league, Murder on Orient Express, Coco and so on. It's crazy that a 8th movie managed to perform this well.
Last edited by Saw Warrior on November 28th, 2017, 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saw Warrior
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
28.5%

The Topic Starter

Postby evanmav » November 28th, 2017, 5:07 pm

I'd like it to either be the Spierig Brothers, Kevin Greutert or Darren Bousmann. Other than that I'd be a little worried about bringing on another new director. I thought for sure we'd be getting a sequel next halloween, but now I am very unsure of this. I don't think a sequel is really as guaranteed as Sawguy77 said. It's not a good sign that we haven't gotten any news yet regarding a sequel. You would have thought by now they would have green lighted it, especially because of the short time frame to turn around a new film. They realistically need to start filming at the latest April/May and so that leaves them just 5-6 months to pretty much be ready to shoot.

I think lionsgate is confused as to what the future of SAW may hold. Unless they already are secretly working on Jigsaw II then I'm not sure if it will happen next Halloween, and if it doesn't happen next Halloween I doubt Lionsgate is going to be happy having a 2 year gap between SAW sequels which never occurred in the original series.
evanmav
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
71%

Postby Vinc360 » November 28th, 2017, 5:16 pm

Saw Warrior wrote:Didn't Sawguy say a sequel will happen? I think he said something like that.

I would like to see another movie next year. These movies are really cheap and don't take too long to get filmed. We got 7 Saw movies in 7 years, so perhaps it's still possible.

I guess they're expecting it to make at least 100 million worldwide. Movie had a ton of competition this year, like Thor, Justice league, Murder on Oriente Express, Coco and so on. It's crazy that a 8th movie managed to perform this well.

Yes, but I've heard very conflicting things and am inclined to believe he was wrong in this particular case.

In fact I'll just say I know for damn sure he was wrong in this case. The sequel is actually far from confirmed right now, and more leaning towards not happening. Check back if it hits 100 million worldwide, but it's not looking likely from my perspective that we're getting another movie next year. Odds would likely go up if it hits that milestone.
Vinc360
Victim

Rank experience:
97%

Postby Saw Warrior » November 28th, 2017, 6:26 pm

Vinc360 wrote:
Saw Warrior wrote:Didn't Sawguy say a sequel will happen? I think he said something like that.

I guess they're expecting it to make at least 100 million worldwide. Movie had a ton of competition this year, like Thor, Justice league, Murder on Oriente Express, Coco and so on. It's crazy that a 8th movie managed to perform this well.

Yes, but I've heard very conflicting things and am inclined to believe he was wrong in this particular case.

In fact I'll just say I know for damn sure he was wrong in this case. The sequel is actually far from confirmed right now, and more leaning towards not happening. Check back if it hits 100 million worldwide, but it's not looking likely from my perspective that we're getting another movie next year. Odds would likely go up if it hits that milestone.

Interesting. We'll have to wait and see what happens, then.

Jigsaw will definitely make 100 million worldwide. It's at 94 million worldwide now and there are some markets which will be getting the movie this weekend.

100 million locked, by all means. I think it's hard to imagine that a movie ( a 8th one ) that makes 10 times its budget, won't get a sequel.
Saw Warrior
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
28.5%

The Topic Starter

Postby evanmav » November 28th, 2017, 10:16 pm

Vinc360 wrote:

I'm curious where you get your info from, do you have an inside source or is it from just research? I know you're reliable because I remember you posting about a bunch of stuff before it was ever public knowledge about Jigsaw. I really want a sequel so I'm just curious as to exactly how much you know that we might not get one. Jigsaw will no doubt hit 100 million worldwide, but it might take a few weeks to reach that point. The film did very well internationally, especially when you take into consideration how strong the US dollar is, this has considerably brought down the international box office total for Jigsaw.

I would have thought for sure we would get a sequel based on the box office numbers picking up slightly and Sawguy's post saying it was basically a sure thing. The only thing swaying me now is the lack of any announcement which is the most alarming thing.
evanmav
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
71%

Postby Vinc360 » November 29th, 2017, 5:54 am

I get about 99% of my info through research and some connections. I don't personally know anyone directly involved, but I do have longtime friends indirectly involved.

I can say for 100% sure that what made sawguy believe a sequel was a sure thing was just an honest mistake, as it simply is not confimed right now. I don't doubt we will see more Saw in the future, but I'm not sure it will be that soon. I would personally guess a sequel in 2018 has a 15% chance of happening right now. Bump it to 30 or so IF it reaches 100+ million. There are several reasons why I believe this based on my own logical conclusions, but I will get into that later.
Vinc360
Victim

Rank experience:
97%

Postby LukeG » November 29th, 2017, 9:59 am

#BBB
Bring Bousman back
You think it's the living who have ultimate judgment over you, because the dead will have no claim over your soul. But you may be mistaken
LukeG
Victim

Rank experience:
21%

Postby Faerie Tanith » November 29th, 2017, 11:42 am

Agreed. Get Darren Lynn Bousman back if it has to happen at all.
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson

Real Life Amanda Young
Faerie Tanith
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
46%

Mood: Invisible

Next

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)