Hello Guest! Click here to get your FREE Member Account.

97 million worldwide...100 million very soon...

Sequel or Prequel?

97 million worldwide...100 million very soon...

Postby Saw Warrior » December 4th, 2017, 9:52 pm

Will we get any news about a possible sequel?

Let's hope it happens. I'm pretty sure the producers are happy with the 8th movie making more than 100 million worldwide, facing a ton of competition this year ( from Thor to Justice League and Murder on the Orient Express ).
Saw Warrior
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
28.5%

The Topic Starter

Re: 97 million worldwide...100 million very soon...

Postby evanmav » December 4th, 2017, 10:14 pm

Really happy it's so close. Hoping it'll hit that 100 M next week. I just really hope that's enough for a sequel. I'd be so upset after all this time we get a SAW film and then it's over just like that.
evanmav
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
71%

Postby Vinc360 » December 5th, 2017, 12:34 am

Even if it hits 100m, I don't expect a sequel next year. Perhaps later. I think that milestone will prompt discussions about the future, but I don't think the movie is performing at a level that makes a fast tracked sequel a no brainer... Quite the opposite, especially domestically.

I honestly do not think we are ever getting a direct sequel to Jigsaw with the same storyline.

I believe they want a mainstream hit and this was largely a fans only affair, sadly. Maybe the next one will not come as a theatrical movie. Starz series perhaps?
Vinc360
Victim

Rank experience:
97%

Postby Tais Hoffman » December 5th, 2017, 12:25 pm

Saw Warrior wrote:Will we get any news about a possible sequel?

Let's hope it happens. I'm pretty sure the producers are happy with the 8th movie making more than 100 million worldwide, facing a ton of competition this year ( from Thor to Justice League and Murder on the Orient Express ).

I hope so. :)
"Fool me once, shame you; Fool me twice, shame on me"

Team Hoffman

Tais Hoffman
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
86%

Mood: Heart Broken

Postby Faerie Tanith » December 5th, 2017, 7:07 pm

I'm not holding my breath for a sequel (if it happens, it happens, I don't mind either way) but roll on 100 million!
So far I have met:: Costas Mandylor, Tobin Bell, Julie Benz, J. LaRose, Darren Lynn Bousman, Michael Emerson

Real Life Amanda Young
Faerie Tanith
SAW Newbie

Rank experience:
46%

Mood: Invisible

Postby IKnowWhoYouAre » December 6th, 2017, 6:37 am

Almost no chance of a sequel next year, during the original series, the pre-production/principal photography of the next film would take place shortly before or shortly after the October release. It's almost unheard of for a horror franchise 8 films deep to maintain such a strong and consistent box office, a lot of horror franchises are relegated to 'straight to dvd' or the continuity gets lost in a mess of reboots/prequels/pseudo sequels. I'd be very surprised if we didn't get a sequel at some point, the box office numbers show that the interest is still there, had the film made under, say, 50 million it probably would've been the final curtain for the series but around 100 million is very impressive, especially after below average ticket sales at release.
IKnowWhoYouAre
Regular Freak

Rank experience:
83.6%

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Postby Tais Hoffman » December 6th, 2017, 7:32 am

IKnowWhoYouAre wrote:Almost no chance of a sequel next year, during the original series, the pre-production/principal photography of the next film would take place shortly before or shortly after the October release. It's almost unheard of for a horror franchise 8 films deep to maintain such a strong and consistent box office, a lot of horror franchises are relegated to 'straight to dvd' or the continuity gets lost in a mess of reboots/prequels/pseudo sequels. I'd be very surprised if we didn't get a sequel at some point, the box office numbers show that the interest is still there, had the film made under, say, 50 million it probably would've been the final curtain for the series but around 100 million is very impressive, especially after below average ticket sales at release.

Maybe they can release a new movie every two years, who knows? :ehm:

Team Hoffman

Tais Hoffman
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
86%

Postby Tais Hoffman » December 6th, 2017, 7:39 am

evanmav wrote:Really happy it's so close. Hoping it'll hit that 100 M next week. I just really hope that's enough for a sequel. I'd be so upset after all this time we get a SAW film and then it's over just like that.

Me too. I felt that "Jigsaw" left things to be explored in a future sequel, I believe that they will not let this end like this.

Team Hoffman

Tais Hoffman
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
86%

Postby IKnowWhoYouAre » December 11th, 2017, 3:44 am

It hit 100 million over the weekend.
IKnowWhoYouAre
Regular Freak

Rank experience:
83.6%

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Postby Tais Hoffman » December 11th, 2017, 8:34 am

IKnowWhoYouAre wrote:It hit 100 million over the weekend.

Yay!! :cool:

Team Hoffman

Tais Hoffman
Fresh Meat

Rank experience:
86%

Next

Return to SAW: Legacy (Jigsaw)